Managerial Abuse

Started by highorlow, August 08, 2018, 10:17:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/eamonn-fitzmaurice-reveals-the-chilling-letter-a-kerry-player-received-that-crossed-the-line-37195344.html

The question I have is why do these supporters bother? On the one hand though you have Kerry media going daft and driving this, they too, need to look at themselves. 

Mayo's best friend Bernard Flynn reckons our manager is getting away with murder, yet again Bernard makes a poor judgement call.

Maybe in Mayo the reason our managers "get away with murder" is the fans aren't led on as much by the ex-players who themselves aren't really in position to be overly critical.

Kerry were perhaps expecting too much from their team this year and their fans led by their ex-player media team maybe need to put a lid on things going forward.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

yellowcard

There should be a clear distinction made between managers who get paid vast sums of money and those who do it for the pride of their club/county.

Fitzmaurice was not getting paid and was a very level headed manager who actually had a far superior record than many other managers who receive decent money with only a fraction of the success.

Jayop

I don't think it matters if you're getting paid. You should be able to walk down the road with your wife and kids without being booed by a shower of "animals".

Also Flynn is an awful tool. Has he ever been right about anything.

Halfquarter

Quote from: Jayop on August 08, 2018, 11:03:16 AM
I don't think it matters if you're getting paid. You should be able to walk down the road with your wife and kids without being booed by a shower of "animals".

Also Flynn is an awful tool. Has he ever been right about anything.

In Kerry they have " faceless trolls " abusing the manager ,in Mayo we have Bernard Flynn.

highorlow

QuoteIn Kerry they have " faceless trolls " abusing the manager ,in Mayo we have Bernard Flynn.

And Eamon Sweeney
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

yellowcard

I think Bernard Flynn loves trying his best to be controversial but to suggest that Rochford doesn't get enough criticism particularly with it being so topical at the moment was just plain daft.

Syferus

Quote from: yellowcard on August 08, 2018, 12:05:04 PM
I think Bernard Flynn loves trying his best to be controversial but to suggest that Rochford doesn't get enough criticism particularly with it being so topical at the moment was just plain daft.

Rochford hasn't won a single bit of silverware in his three seasons, and Mayo have generally performed poorly in the championship and league under him. Given H&C were jettisoned after winning Connacht and forcing a replay with Dublin one season in it's hard to argue against Flynn on this one, whatever you think about him in general. The Mayo panel used their political capital getting Rochford and seem to have stuck themselves with a bit of a turkey.

rosnarun

Quote from: Syferus on August 08, 2018, 01:55:47 PM

Rochford hasn't won a single bit of silverware in his three seasons, and Mayo have generally preformed poorly in the championshipand league under him. Given H&C were jettisoned after winning Connacht and forcing a replay with Dublin one season in it's hard to argue against Flynn on this one, whatever you think about him in general. The Mayo panel used their political capital getting Rochford and seem to have stuck themselves with a bit of a turkey.

**** troll alert  this is not a drill  ******
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

J70

There are clearly a lot of people out there with empty, meaningless, lives who lack any sense of perspective regarding the relative importance of sports. Whether that is the Tyrone supporter who gobbed down on Karl Lacey, the eejit from Mayo a few years back who ran into the field to pursue the ref or the lowlifes sending abusive, anonymous letters to a man like Eamon Fitmaurice.

If your team wins, enjoy it. If they lose, take it on the chin, congratulate your opponent and get back to your real life... you know... the stuff that actually matters.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: rosnarun on August 08, 2018, 02:17:15 PM

Rochford hasn't won a single bit of silverware in his three seasons, and Mayo have generally preformed poorly in the championshipand league under him. Given H&C were jettisoned after winning Connacht and forcing a replay with Dublin one season in it's hard to argue against Flynn on this one, whatever you think about him in general. The Mayo panel used their political capital getting Rochford and seem to have stuck themselves with a bit of a turkey.

**** he's not wrong though ******
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

rosnarun

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 08, 2018, 03:11:47 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on August 08, 2018, 02:17:15 PM

**** he’s not wrong though ******

I can expect that kind of eejetry out of a rossie but from a self proclaimed mayo man??
does 2 all Ireland finals in 3 years  not at least satisfy you ? apart from Dublin 'and them being the greatest team of all time and all that' who has a record like mayo over the last while?
should evry manager get sacked every year they don't reach an all Ireland final?
what Mayo need is a small rebuilding  which is going to take place behind the white line anyway with buckley leaving to lose rochford as well would be a disaster
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Dinny Breen

Kerry players aren't immune to dishing out criticism. Tomas O'Sé fairly went to town on Cian O'Neill. Different breed down there. A lot of self-entitlement.
#newbridgeornowhere

Jayop

Horan was on OTB this morning and was saying that he had a significant amount of hate mail from his time over Mayo including some stuff bad enough to have to report it to the Guards.

I have to say I'm pretty shocked that this wasn't an isolated thing in Kerry and that if it's happened there and in Mayo you can be pretty sure that it's happening in most counties. Thinking about it, it was naive of me to think it was just Fitzmorris. I'm sure Harte would have had his fair share just looking at some of the vitriol you real online about him. This saddens me that people, especially the three I just mentioned who are all doing it for their own counties would be getting abuse from lowlifes like these.

Jayop

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 08, 2018, 04:09:44 PM
Kerry players aren't immune to dishing out criticism. Tomas O'Sé fairly went to town on Cian O'Neill. Different breed down there. A lot of self-entitlement.

If this is as widespread as it's starting to look then I'm sure o'Neill had a few letters sent to him from within Kildare too.

Like who even writes letters anymore?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Jayop on August 08, 2018, 04:11:13 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 08, 2018, 04:09:44 PM

If this is as widespread as it's starting to look then I'm sure o'Neill had a few letters sent to him from within Kildare too.

Like who even writes letters anymore?

Pony Express..
#newbridgeornowhere