The Super(ish) Leeds United Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, January 25, 2007, 08:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne Rover

Leeds have two gems in Saiz and Hernandez, but unfortunately there is a lack of quality up front and in central midfield and the squad is lacking a natural left back. While a play-off place is still possible, today's performance confirms again that promotion is unlikely without some serious recruitment. Wood was a huge loss, and his replacements have not convinced, so the new owner may well be looking to next season.

Rufus T Firefly

Anyone see the new Leeds' crest?

My immediate reaction was that this must be a piss take, but believe it or not this is for real.

It looks like something from the film 1984. Responses on social media have, shall we say, tended to challenge the mindset of those who made the decision. An online petition set up just over an hour ago to get rid of it has already attracted over 10,000 signatures.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on January 24, 2018, 01:44:24 PM
Anyone see the new Leeds' crest?

My immediate reaction was that this must be a piss take, but believe it or not this is for real.

It looks like something from the film 1984. Responses on social media have, shall we say, tended to challenge the mindset of those who made the decision. An online petition set up just over an hour ago to get rid of it has already attracted over 10,000 signatures.

You just beat me to it - its awful. The apparently consulted 10,000 fans when designing this - I assume it wasn't the same 10,000 fans who have signed the petition.

That was never a square ball!!

passedit

Was thinking something along these lines would be more appropriate

Don't Panic

Billys Boots

It is seriously wrong to mock the afflicted. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

From the Bunker

Jez, thats like - i don't know what?

Even Harchester Rovers the fictional Soccer team from Skys Dream team had a better crest

Syferus

Carlow have a new challenger for worst crest in Europe anyways. The old Leeds one was perfect.

BennyHarp

Looks like the Leeds board are reviewing the new badge after the less than favourable response from the fans. Maybe it was all just a big PR stunt.

passedit

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 24, 2018, 02:07:47 PM
It is seriously wrong to mock the afflicted.

;D

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 24, 2018, 11:49:05 PM
Looks like the Leeds board are reviewing the new badge after the less than favourable response from the fans. Maybe it was all just a big PR stunt.

The 'Burning Chip Van' is definitely a fan favourite.
Don't Panic

Rufus T Firefly

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42940326

I see after Saturday's disaster, we're now looking for a new manager - the seventh since 2014.  :(

Avondhu star

Gates of 30000 plus, a good start to season and now falling apart. Monk had potential but the owners thought otherwise
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Rufus T Firefly

A lot of talk that McLaren is being considered for the vacancy. Apparently he was at the match on Saturday in the Directors Box. Would not be my choice. I note that Leeds are now looking for their seventh manager since 2014. Surely whoever comes in must be given some time to try and impose their own style of play / ideas on the team? This constant chopping and changing must surely in itself be linked to the problems it is designed to address.

Avondhu star

Maybe O Neill regrets signing the contract now unless he has a get out clause?
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

BennyHarp

Looks like Paul Heckingbottom is the man. Hardly pulling up trees at Barnsley with 1 win in 16, 6 wins all season. Currently 21st place. Hardly the inspirational character needed.