Armagh v Fermanagh - Sunday 25th June at 6:30pm

Started by Orior, June 09, 2017, 09:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Any Fermanagh men here want to tell us how they're going to bate Armagh?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

illdecide

It's hard to believe your summer will/could be over by June, for me it's def a 50/50 game. Surely with no safety net of the back door this time they will take the shackles off and just go for it, if we lose and we played rightly and went for it not too many will complain but if we lose and sit back playing sideways and backwards it will be a fecking disaster
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Erne Man

This game will be another non-event as the lower profile championship games between us and Armagh tend to be i.e. 3-5pt win for Armagh.
This is more about the managers to be honest - McGeeney needs this win to preserve his employment, while McGrath has pretty much switched off as Fermanagh manager at this point.

illdecide

Quote from: Erne Man on June 09, 2017, 09:50:38 AM
This game will be another non-event as the lower profile championship games between us and Armagh tend to be i.e. 3-5pt win for Armagh.
This is more about the managers to be honest - McGeeney needs this win to preserve his employment, while McGrath has pretty much switched off as Fermanagh manager at this point.

you can say that all you want but if you think for one minute that Pete McGrath and the Fermanagh men will sit back and take a beating you're on drugs, a chance to send Armagh out of the Championship in their own back yard is mouth watering stuff and i bet Fermanagh will be well up for this match.

tonto1888

Quote from: Orior on June 09, 2017, 09:20:21 AM

Fermanagh don't have to do anything sure we will beat ourselves

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 09, 2017, 04:57:08 PM
Quote from: Orior on June 09, 2017, 09:20:21 AM

Fermanagh don't have to do anything sure we will beat ourselves

And the game is fixed for the Athletic Grounds.

tintin25

Quote from: Erne Man on June 09, 2017, 09:50:38 AM

Pretty much this, though  I think Armagh will win by more.  Wee Pete has taken this team as far as he can.

mcklatchee

Tough draw for Armagh. It shouldn't be though.

The whole country knows how to beat Armagh and Fermanagh are already drilled in those defensive tactics. The speed of the transition to the half forwards is key. We have the time to sort that. We have the players to sort that.
If you must ask a difficult question, ask someone else in 5 years time. I have a 5 yr plan you know

stew

Quote from: mcklatchee on June 11, 2017, 01:05:37 PM

The whole country knows how to beat Armagh and Fermanagh are already drilled in those defensive tactics. The speed of the transition to the half forwards is key. We have the time to sort that. We have the players to sort that.

Fermanagh will win this by a point or two, we are shite under this manager.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Wildweasel74

Fermanagh to me is currently a better team than Armagh

mcklatchee

Quote from: stew on June 11, 2017, 06:30:11 PM

You could be right. Time will tell.

Any fool could see what was wrong in the marshes. It should have been put right on the day but you can't tell me it can't be put right in 3 weeks if the focus is put on the right things in training. I would love to know what messages were passed to the players in newry
If you must ask a difficult question, ask someone else in 5 years time. I have a 5 yr plan you know

illdecide

Surely if you play with a few more forwards then the 2 men playing sweeper will have to man mark, I think some managers haven't got the balls to push another forward or two up onto the free men.

Now i'not naive enough to think if u done this against the likes of Dublin with their attacking half backs you'd be cleaned out but surely against lesser opposition then take a chance and push up and don't let the opposition have free men, takes balls i know but if you're going to get beat anyway you might as well do it having a go

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: illdecide on June 12, 2017, 12:17:14 PM
Surely if you play with a few more forwards then the 2 men playing sweeper will have to man mark, I think some managers haven't got the balls to push another forward or two up onto the free men.

Now i'not naive enough to think if u done this against the likes of Dublin with their attacking half backs you'd be cleaned out but surely against lesser opposition then take a chance and push up and don't let the opposition have free men, takes balls i know but if you're going to get beat anyway you might as well do it having a go

Fully agree...engage the sweepers...as well to be hung for a sheep as a lamb!!!  You need to have confidence on your defenders though to do their jobs. Unfortunately with the prevalence of defending through systems the individual defensive qualities are not practiced as much....

Sandy Hill

Quote from: mcklatchee on June 11, 2017, 07:49:19 PM
Quote from: stew on June 11, 2017, 06:30:11 PM

You could be right. Time will tell.

Any fool could see what was wrong in the marshes. It should have been put right on the day but you can't tell me it can't be put right in 3 weeks if the focus is put on the right things in training. I would love to know what messages were passed to the players in newry

What was wrong in the Marshes and how could it have been put right?
"Stercus accidit"

macdanger2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 12, 2017, 12:34:10 PM
Quote from: illdecide on June 12, 2017, 12:17:14 PM

Fully agree...engage the sweepers...as well to be hung for a sheep as a lamb!!!  You need to have confidence on your defenders though to do their jobs. Unfortunately with the prevalence of defending through systems the individual defensive qualities are not practiced as much....

Dunno about that, in such a situation your forwards end up playing in a congested area while theirs end up playing in acres of space