Help required, Bluetooth in car

Started by supersarsfields, February 08, 2011, 06:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Just wondering if anyone on here could shed any light on a problem I'm having. Bought a ford Mondeo Titanium 2008 there. It's got a Sony 2nd generation radio which has the phone buttons on it. I thought that it was bluetooth connectable but I've been trying to connect my phone to it and it ain't working. The manual seems to say that it has Bluetooth but I can't get it working!! Now there is also a blackbury cradle aswell In the car but it's an iPhone that I have.
So just wondering if anyone might know why it doesn't seem to pick up Bluetooth or even can the cradle be changed over to a iPhone one easily? Any advise would be much appreciated!!   

gerrykeegan

Silly question but have you the car switched on? Won't operate if engine is not running. With engine on you you should be aple to search for "Ford Audio" if its not there then I would suggest it is faulty or bluetooth was not installed in the car in the first place, think it was optional extra at that time
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

EC Unique

Had a similar problem connecting a parrot device to an iPhone. Googled the problem and it told me to erase all devices priviously conntected to the parrot (ie stored in parrot memory) then it connected to iPhone.

Bensars

The bluetooth should have nothing to do with the  existing cradle.

It maybe  the iphone. When i changed to the iphone i could connect by bluetooth to garmin sat nav. However when i updated Iphone it wouldnt connect. After a lot of searching on the net i found that if i changed the name (of the device i wanted to conect ie. nuvi310999999999 to nuvi ) to a shorter version it connected no problem and hasnt been a problem since.

Edit. Scratch that idea, as gerry sates its most likely the bluetooth wasnt activated, as you would expect the blackberry would have connect independently without the cradle.

supersarsfields

Yeah I think Bluetooth must have been an optional extra and maybe not installed as when I have the car running it still doesn't pick up the ford audio. Just wondering if there is any way to retro fit this or would that be expensive? Or an easier solution would be to get the cradle changed but as it's a Bury cradle and they only seem to do blackbury cradles so not sure how easy this would be?

gerrykeegan

Fairly sure it can be retro fit, car comes with all the buttons so its only the "bluetooth" that gets put in , not sure about the price but the one thing I can say is it works really well.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Candyman

Get a Parrot CK3100 installed @ £150 and an additional connection that will allow use of the Ford buttons etc for an additional £30 or so (depending on Model) where are you based?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Candyman on February 08, 2011, 07:16:40 PM
Get a Parrot CK3100 installed @ £150 and an additional connection that will allow use of the Ford buttons etc for an additional £30 or so (depending on Model) where are you based?
Got one of these yokes installed in the wife's motor over Christmas (Star Sound Vision in Armagh did the work so not convenient for supersarsfields).

Candyman

Aye Tony Mark knows his stuff alright... Alphacam in Armagh are excellent also, and with a fully mobile service can operate anywhere!! He does quite a bit of stuff in Belfast also... PM me if additional details are required SS. Can't recommend them highly enough!!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Candyman on February 08, 2011, 08:59:16 PM
Aye Tony Mark knows his stuff alright... Alphacam in Armagh are excellent also, and with a fully mobile service can operate anywhere!! He does quite a bit of stuff in Belfast also... PM me if additional details are required SS. Can't recommend them highly enough!!!
Is that the crowd down near Philly Whites? The brother in law has had some work done with them and speaks very highly of them.

Candyman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 08, 2011, 09:08:52 PM
Quote from: Candyman on February 08, 2011, 08:59:16 PM
Is that the crowd down near Philly Whites? The brother in law has had some work done with them and speaks very highly of them.
Thats them, although they have moved premises.... a genius when it comes to that stuff and like i say fully mobile!! He'll come to your home/work and get the job done...
(N.B. The bluetooth on the iphone is pure dirt as standard anyway!!!) ;)

supersarsfields

Thanks for the help there lads.

I had someone look at it last night (Just a friend who knows a wee bit about stuff like this) and he reckons that the bluetooth hasn't been installed. and he reckons it could be an expensive enough job to retrofit it in.
And because it's a Bury cradle he's not sure if it would be possible to just change the radle over to a Iphone one.

Candyman would you be able to PM me the details of that boy? at least then I could give him a buzz and get a bit of advise of him and see if he could sort of give me prices for getting it done?

Rois

Went to Halfords to get a hands free installed for my brother in law as a present - he has a Volvo XC90 and the guy said it was pretty impossible without going to Volvo given the big speakers or something along those technical lines.

Anyway, he showed me a Garmin sat nav that has a bluetooth speaker system thingy and the iphone can hook up to it giving a version of handsfree bluetooth calling through the screen on it.  Not sure if you've ever wanted it, but it's £120 in Halfords at the mo, down from £300.

Just another idea.

supersarsfields

Cheers Rois. Had a garmin with the bluetooth and it was grand for hearing whoever was on the other line but they had problems hearing me. Don't know if it was my phone or just the microphone on the garmin to be honest.
Actually just found out now that it's a Bury 9060 set up that's in the car and that it can connect to all phones and that's it's wired up for it. Was told the previous owner prob just took the screen with him to save him buying another. So have been told all I need to do is get a replacement screen which can cost about £80. The only worry I would have is buying this screen and then it not working!! I got this advise from someone on the phone who never saw the car. But he was able to describe the cradle and all perfectly so I assume he must be telling the truth. Just wish there was someone in Omagh that I could take it into to double check!!

EC Unique

Quote from: supersarsfields on February 09, 2011, 12:33:25 PM
Cheers Rois. Had a garmin with the bluetooth and it was grand for hearing whoever was on the other line but they had problems hearing me. Don't know if it was my phone or just the microphone on the garmin to be honest.
Actually just found out now that it's a Bury 9060 set up that's in the car and that it can connect to all phones and that's it's wired up for it. Was told the previous owner prob just took the screen with him to save him buying another. So have been told all I need to do is get a replacement screen which can cost about £80. The only worry I would have is buying this screen and then it not working!! I got this advise from someone on the phone who never saw the car. But he was able to describe the cradle and all perfectly so I assume he must be telling the truth. Just wish there was someone in Omagh that I could take it into to double check!!

Try contacting previous owner. Name and address should be on tax book. He might point you in right direction.