Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JoG2 on January 26, 2019, 11:17:31 PM
Widows. Decent enough watch 7/10
Just watched it. Liked it better than you - 8.5/10. Steve McQueen makes a good film.

laoislad

Watched Bohemian Rhapsody tonight. Thought it was great.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

bennydorano

Watched 2 films over the weekend, Bohemian Rhapsody & A Star is born. Loved BR and enjoyed A Star is Born, but was mainly blown away by Bradley Cooper's performance as Jackson Mane, just superb. He'd be a far more worthy recipient of the Best Actor Oscar than the dude who played Freddie (who I thought was hammy enough at Times tbh).
I can't warm to Lady Gaga at all.

nrico2006

Quote from: bennydorano on February 10, 2019, 07:49:59 PM
Watched 2 films over the weekend, Bohemian Rhapsody & A Star is born. Loved BR and enjoyed A Star is Born, but was mainly blown away by Bradley Cooper's performance as Jackson Mane, just superb. He'd be a far more worthy recipient of the Best Actor Oscar than the dude who played Freddie (who I thought was hammy enough at Times tbh).

I would agree with you on Cooper and his performance.  Thought Bohemian Rhapsody was ok and definitely wasn't too sold on the lead actors performance either.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

J70

Quote from: mrdeeds on January 26, 2019, 09:53:21 PM
The Greatest Showman is pure muck.

My four year old daughter loves it.

Catchy songs too.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 11, 2019, 12:12:01 PM

I would agree with you on Cooper and his performance.  Thought Bohemian Rhapsody was ok and definitely wasn't too sold on the lead actors performance either.

Won a BAFTA last night as best actor..Havent seen it so can't comment on his performance
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 11, 2019, 12:12:01 PM

Cooper was very Eddie Vedder-esque I thought (i believe the two are good friends)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Milltown Row2

Just watched Rocky 3 (again) . Carl Weathers was in some shape in those movies.

The amount of Homo-eroticism in those type of films is unreal! They must laugh at those films looking back
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 26, 2019, 11:02:45 PM
Quote from: screenexile on January 07, 2019, 09:40:15 AM
Quote from: Aristo 60 on January 07, 2019, 09:34:39 AM
Quote from: Over the Bar on January 06, 2019, 11:33:23 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on December 29, 2018, 10:06:49 AM
Bird Box on Netflix is a good show. Not quite a horror, as I was expecting but definitely a good concept.
Daft enough. Particularly how there wasn't a mention as to how everyone survived the 5 years between outbreak and the river journey!

Yes daft is the best word for it and too similar to The Happening (2008). For me, the malevolent presence / illness / psychosis wasn't explained anywhere near enough.

It wasn't about that though . . . I quite enjoyed it I know it wasn't too deep really and was just a whole lot of suspense without any real reasoning but it was entertaining enough and not the worst way to pass an evening. It'll hardly be getting any Oscars I wouldn't think.
Just watched it after all the hype. Enjoyed it well enough without being one to stick in the memory. Very like the happening alright. Don't know why but I found both fairly uncomfortable viewing at times. Just can't put my finger on why.

I think when you have kids, you can never watch a movie (with kids under threat) the same again. It's hard to be passive and not emotionally involved! This film heightened that vulnerability!

Tony Baloney

Watched Bohemian Rhapsody tonight and really enjoyed. Probably shouldn't have been anywhere near the Oscars but it made me watch some YouTube videos of Freddie. The GOAT.

Main Street

It's been a week since I've seen Trainspotting 2 and I'm still chuckling at  the 1690 scene in the pub - "No More Catholics" chorus.
Obviously punters don't select their own pin numbers, but if they could...

trileacman

Quote from: Main Street on March 03, 2019, 11:06:45 AM
It's been a week since I've seen Trainspotting 2 and I'm still chuckling at  the 1690 scene in the pub - "No More Catholics" chorus.
Obviously punters don't select their own pin numbers, but if they could...

What?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Harold Disgracey

Went to see Unquiet Graves earlier this evening. Really powerful documentary, definitely recommended.

straightred

Green book is excellent. Thoroughly enjoyed it

JimStynes

Quote from: straightred on March 03, 2019, 11:40:21 PM
Green book is excellent. Thoroughly enjoyed it

Agreed. Great show