UK General Election 2017

Started by Eamonnca1, April 18, 2017, 07:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Maybe, but the abortion laws with be changed here soon enough. Same as gay marriage. They'll be passed eventually. So, what have the dup gained (when they happen)?

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

They maintain their lofty position of being our moral masters.  No abortions and no gays legally married on their watch. It's all about sex with the DUP, isn't it. Maybe they're the new Catholic Church. Or boys with fingers in the dyke.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

guy crouchback

if there were abortion clinics in the north they would be some of  busiest in the world as 5000 woman from the south would be using them every year.

seafoid

Emma Pengelly gets a  going over in the latest issue of Private Eye. UVF flegs and "her father...a convicted terrorist".
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Avondhu star

Quote from: seafoid on June 30, 2017, 04:56:15 PM
Emma Pengelly gets a  going over in the latest issue of Private Eye. UVF flegs and "her father...a convicted terrorist".

Next week it's Gerry Adams and his brother a convicted child abuser.
So what is your fncking point?
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

The Subbie

Quote from: Avondhu star on July 01, 2017, 12:25:28 AM

I'd imagine it's to do with the Tory party forming a government by bribing a bunch of religious fundamentalists with very close ties to terrorism and drug dealing.

What point are you trying to make ?

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Avondhu star on July 01, 2017, 12:25:28 AM

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ivan-little-day-i-quizzed-emma-pengellys-gunrunner-dad-at-loyalist-blockade-31572599.html

This is the point....Emma's now my MP [unfortunately], her dad's "wonderful", according to her & there's pics of Robinson, in his red beret days consorting with her gun-running father, in the past, when it suited the DUP.

The DUP have tried to airbrush that side of history completely out of existence - some of us don't have such short memories.

seafoid

The DUP is weird. I don't understand how it retained its fruitcake policies after becoming the biggest prod party in NI. Do people like Dodds and Donaldson, who in another time would be leaders in the UUP, really believe Climate change is a fraud and that a hard Brexit will benefit protestant voters?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: seafoid on July 02, 2017, 07:50:16 PM
The DUP is weird. I don't understand how it retained its fruitcake policies after becoming the biggest prod party in NI. Do people like Dodds and Donaldson, who in another time would be leaders in the UUP, really believe Climate change is a fraud and that a hard Brexit will benefit protestant voters?

If you believe that the world is a few thousand years old, then anything else is possible.

Hereiam

Do the DUP actually know what Deal they got from the tories. I feel they are going to learn a very hard lesson on dealin with the brits.

armaghniac

Quote from: Hereiam on July 21, 2017, 12:13:09 AM
Do the DUP actually know what Deal they got from the tories. I feel they are going to learn a very hard lesson on dealin with the brits.

If you sup with the devil, you need a long spoon.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fat Angry Motorist

Quote from: Hereiam on July 21, 2017, 12:13:09 AM

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/dup-tory-deal-1-billion-worth-commons-vote-theresa-may-majority-gina-miller-conservatives-a7939991.html

The £1bn needs to be approved by a vote in Westminster and there is no date set for vote yet
Give cyclists plenty of room.  It's the rules I tells ya!

Hereiam

The DUP is set to back the Tories in a vote today on Brexit and not a penny has been handed over. I have a feeling the DUP have got a payment/promises under the table.

Eamonnca1

If only there were some Irish MPs who could go in there and vote agen it.  Oh wait...

Hereiam

Wouldn't make any difference Eamonn. A point alot of people on here dont seem to grasp is that alot of people up here in the north dont want to be ruled by the British so why should they vote to put more mouths to the trough to feed of the scraps that the brits have to offer.
Economically the north is being held back by the brits
They are trying to ruin our rural communities with the planning laws which over time will force people into towns.
A border poll has to take place it might not be a majority yes but it will make the prods sweat and if the result was close then it would really put the cat amongst the pigeons