UK General Election 2017

Started by Eamonnca1, April 18, 2017, 07:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: armaghniac on June 14, 2017, 02:18:57 PM
Of course they made an informed decision, they looked for the party name and voted for the person connected with that party.

+1

seafoid

Donaldson was an aide to Enoch Powell after he was kicked out of England for his fascist views.
Poots believes the world was created 4000 years ago.
Sammy Wilson says climate change is a scam
McIlveen blocked climate change legislation in the Assembly last year

It is a lethal mix of settler thinking and sick religion.
And the party wants to shut down investigations into murders that happened during the war.

I can't believe Tony Fearon thinking NI would work on its own. Politics has to based in reality.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

Quote from: seafoid on June 14, 2017, 03:22:33 PM
Donaldson was an aide to Enoch Powell after he was kicked out of England for his fascist views.
Poots believes the world was created 4000 years ago.
Sammy Wilson says climate change is a scam
McIlveen blocked climate change legislation in the Assembly last year

It is a lethal mix of settler thinking and sick religion.
And the party wants to shut down investigations into murders that happened during the war.

I can't believe Tony Fearon thinking NI would work on its own. Politics has to based in reality.

The North is like a parrallel universe. Things that go on here wouldn't be allowed to happen anywhere else. Marches, the OO, bonfires, etc. Then again, it is just a continuation of the suppression the Brits started 400 odd years ago. Still no excuse though it should continue today.

tiempo

Tony is a textbook case of Stockholm Syndrome, pay no heed to him.

Avondhu star

Quote from: tiempo on June 14, 2017, 02:59:25 PM
Quote from: red hander on June 14, 2017, 02:44:39 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on June 14, 2017, 11:00:00 AM
Abstain but take the Queen's shilling. Very principled.

Brits have exploited Ireland for 800 years and the rest of its empire to boot... f**k em

Getting paid by the union to destabilise the unionist colony, be rude not to
Well there was so many Shinners like Donaldson Scapaticci Christopher Black etc on the British payroll for years a few more wont add too much to the cost
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Windmill abu

Quote from: Avondhu star on June 14, 2017, 04:31:18 PM
Quote from: tiempo on June 14, 2017, 02:59:25 PM
Quote from: red hander on June 14, 2017, 02:44:39 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on June 14, 2017, 11:00:00 AM
Abstain but take the Queen's shilling. Very principled.

Brits have exploited Ireland for 800 years and the rest of its empire to boot... f**k em

Getting paid by the union to destabilise the unionist colony, be rude not to
Well there was so many Shinners like Donaldson Scapaticci Christopher Black etc on the British payroll for years a few more wont add too much to the cost

I don't think Christopher Black was ever a Shinner and Donaldson was relieved of his informing duties and lost his pension rights as well.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Franko

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 14, 2017, 01:37:33 PM
Quote from: Franko on June 14, 2017, 11:12:29 AM
Quote from: Rois on June 14, 2017, 11:09:24 AM
Quote from: AQMP on June 14, 2017, 09:25:15 AM
Quote from: Rois on June 13, 2017, 11:18:39 PM
Serious answer, I'll find examples. Seamus Mallon gave an example of his input on Marian Finucane show a few Sundays ago on Radio 1. It was with regard to release of prisoners I think, and he'd identified an incorrect clause in the readings of the legislation that required amendments favouring nationalists.
I was just looking at Hansard records of Mark Durkan in Westminster (really interesting read in parts). He took a very strong position (numerous times)on the reading of draft legislation on NI welfare reform and on dealing with the past. He was also engaged in seeking legislative protection for the role of Ireland in NI as part of Brexit changes. Who will do that now?

And how did all of that end up?
Seamus Mallon - ended up successfully amending wording of legislation to provide additional protection.  I'd have to go over the interview again, am sure it is online if you don't believe me, but it was part of Seamus Mallon's point about importance of the role of the SDLP in Westminster when it is argued that there is no need for nationalists to be there.

For Mark Durkan - welfare reform and Brexit not enacted in legislation yet.  But there will be no SDLP MP or staff reviewing the legislation word by word and opposing/rewording clauses for the benefit of the nationalist electorate as Hansard records Mark had been doing.
Even if she took her seat, I'm not sure I would be trusting Elisha McCallion for one with that role - given her victory speech ended "right folks, I'm not goany keep yeez any longer, there's pardayin te be done".

Sweet Jesus, didn't know that.  What a plank.   :-\ :-\

She is an example of how the quality of the candidate for SF is irrelevant to their voters and is not the only example.  It is only the party that counts and not voting for the best candidate.

Up to your old tricks again I see.  That behaviour is exhibited to varying extents by every voter in every electorate ever.  Trying to pinpoint this as a SF issue is laughably pathetic.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Franko on June 14, 2017, 05:00:33 PM
Serious answer, I'll find examples. Seamus Mallon gave an example of his input on Marian Finucane show a few Sundays ago on Radio 1. It was with regard to release of prisoners I think, and he'd identified an incorrect clause in the readings of the legislation that required amendments favouring nationalists.
I was just looking at Hansard records of Mark Durkan in Westminster (really interesting read in parts). He took a very strong position (numerous times)on the reading of draft legislation on NI welfare reform and on dealing with the past. He was also engaged in seeking legislative protection for the role of Ireland in NI as part of Brexit changes. Who will do that now?

Seamus Mallon - ended up successfully amending wording of legislation to provide additional protection.  I'd have to go over the interview again, am sure it is online if you don't believe me, but it was part of Seamus Mallon's point about importance of the role of the SDLP in Westminster when it is argued that there is no need for nationalists to be there.

For Mark Durkan - welfare reform and Brexit not enacted in legislation yet.  But there will be no SDLP MP or staff reviewing the legislation word by word and opposing/rewording clauses for the benefit of the nationalist electorate as Hansard records Mark had been doing.
Even if she took her seat, I'm not sure I would be trusting Elisha McCallion for one with that role - given her victory speech ended "right folks, I'm not goany keep yeez any longer, there's pardayin te be done".

She is an example of how the quality of the candidate for SF is irrelevant to their voters and is not the only example.  It is only the party that counts and not voting for the best candidate.

Up to your old tricks again I see.  That behaviour is exhibited to varying extents by every voter in every electorate ever.  Trying to pinpoint this as a SF issue is laughably pathetic.

Really?  SF have nominated a replacement for McCallion who has been highlighted today by the Irish News and Eamonn McCann as being involved as a Board Director in the actions that discriminated against a potential employee because of his political beliefs according to a recent fair employment tribunal who awarded the man in excess of £10K.  The tribunal found that McCallion's evidence "lacked credibility".

What is the slogan constantly coming from SF? Is it Equality, Respect, Rights? Just a slogan then. No surprise to those of us at the wrong end of things.

https://sluggerotoole.com/2017/06/14/new-sinn-fein-mla-director-of-group-that-discriminated-against-job-applicant-because-of-his-political-opinion/

https://sluggerotoole.com/2017/05/31/theyd-have-known-from-then-that-i-couldnt-be-counted-on-to-fall-into-line/

BTW, how come I am being singled out for your sneer when I am not the only poster to express such an opinion?
Of course they made an informed decision, they looked for the party name and voted for the person connected with that party.

Franko

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 14, 2017, 05:49:44 PM
Quote from: Franko on June 14, 2017, 05:00:33 PM

Really?  SF have nominated a replacement for McCallion who has been highlighted today by the Irish News and Eamonn McCann as being involved as a Board Director in the actions that discriminated against a potential employee because of his political beliefs according to a recent fair employment tribunal who awarded the man in excess of £10K.  The tribunal found that McCallion's evidence "lacked credibility".

What is the slogan constantly coming from SF? Is it Equality, Respect, Rights? Just a slogan then. No surprise to those of us at the wrong end of things.

https://sluggerotoole.com/2017/06/14/new-sinn-fein-mla-director-of-group-that-discriminated-against-job-applicant-because-of-his-political-opinion/

https://sluggerotoole.com/2017/05/31/theyd-have-known-from-then-that-i-couldnt-be-counted-on-to-fall-into-line/

BTW, how come I am being singled out for your sneer when I am not the only poster to express such an opinion?

What's the relevance of your first point here??  I could put up hundreds of links about candidates in any number of elections across the world showing things they had done wrong but they got elected because they stood on a party ticket.  It's the whole reason political parties exist.  Are you honestly trying to tell us that it's ONLY Sinn Fein voters in the north whose votes are influenced by the party a candidate represents?  I mean, seriously??

The reasons I pulled you on it are two fold;

1. You mentioned it first.
2. Your constant bitching about SF gets tiresome.  At least other posters show a bit of objectivity at times.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Franko on June 14, 2017, 06:18:06 PM
Your constant bitching about SF gets tiresome.  At least other posters show a bit of objectivity at times.

I make no apology for my criticism of SF or any other political grouping and any analysis of the posts on the Board would most likely show that my posts regarding SF are a small in number compared to those posts in support of them or the IRA.  Yet you find only my posts 'tiresome'.  Strange.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Tim Farron resigns as Liberal Democrats leader. You can't be 'Christian' and in politics in GB. DUP, take note.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Franko

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 14, 2017, 06:37:21 PM
Quote from: Franko on June 14, 2017, 06:18:06 PM
Your constant bitching about SF gets tiresome.  At least other posters show a bit of objectivity at times.

I make no apology for my criticism of SF or any other political grouping and any analysis of the posts on the Board would most likely show that my posts regarding SF are a small in number compared to those posts in support of them or the IRA.  Yet you find only my posts 'tiresome'.  Strange.

What exactly is strange about it?

If your point had even a shred of legitimacy I wouldn't mention it.  However, this one was so outstandingly ridiculous that I just couldn't let it pass - and it speaks volumes about your agenda here.  I notice you ignored the rest of my point.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on June 14, 2017, 06:40:50 PM
Tim Farron resigns as Liberal Democrats leader. You can't be 'Christian' and in politics in GB. DUP, take note.

Are there any Christians in the DUP?

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on June 11, 2017, 05:37:19 PM
An independent Northern state automatically renders toxic unionism and nationalism obsolete as there are no longer competing allegiances to Britain or the Freestate,the route cause of division and sectarianism.
just ignore 90% of the population sure.