UK General Election 2017

Started by Eamonnca1, April 18, 2017, 07:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

No idea but media seem to call lgbti at present!

Minder you are probably right. People like edl etc seem to care but that is about it. May has shown how little she cares by this coalition.

BennyCake

Quote from: OgraAnDun on June 10, 2017, 10:40:35 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 10, 2017, 09:51:13 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 10, 2017, 09:40:22 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 10, 2017, 09:20:11 AM
An interesting one is lgbti rights. the scottish coservative leader - who is a very good politician and probably bailed the tories out- is a lesbain and has been questioning may on lgbti rights. She wants to use this coalition to further lgbti rights in the north.

If they further those rights the dup will not look good to it's voters and if they won't further them it won't look good for the tories.

Either way this particular scenario is illustrative of what conniving sellouts they both are!

There's an I added to LGBT now? Jesus people will never remember all that.

I only realised there was an i when i read this story and had to look it up!

When was the Q removed? I thought it was LGBQT?

FFS. What does the Q and I even represent? Queers? 'I haven't decided what I am yet'?

imtommygunn

Look it up. I think that 800 metre runner semenya  is what would be described as intersex. I wouldn't put it down as a decision.

BennyCake

Jesus Christ, and people have to remember all this shite? I suppose we could be sued if we got a letter wrong or out of place?

seafoid

It is very like the peoples front of Judea Vs the Judean people's front
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT

LGBTQIA , is used, for example, by the "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual Resource Center" at the University of California, Davis.[62]

Other variants may have a "U" for "unsure"; a "C" for "curious"; another "T" for "transvestite"; a "TS", or "2" for "two-spirit" persons; or an "SA" for "straight allies".

The gender identity "transgender" has been recategorized to trans* by some groups, where trans (without the asterisk) has been used to describe trans men and trans women, while trans* covers all non-cisgender (genderqueer) identities, including transgender, transsexual, transvestite, genderqueer, genderfluid, non-binary, genderfuck, genderless, agender, non-gendered, third gender, two-spirit, bigender, and trans man and trans woman.[43][44] Likewise, the term transsexual commonly falls under the umbrella term transgender, but some transsexual people object to this :) :)
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

::) You'll have to add SS for sheepshaggers then.

ned

An interesting one is lgbti rights. the scottish coservative leader - who is a very good politician and probably bailed the tories out- is a lesbain and has been questioning may on lgbti rights. She wants to use this coalition to further lgbti rights in the north.

If they further those rights the dup will not look good to it's voters and if they won't further them it won't look good for the tories.

Either way this particular scenario is illustrative of what conniving sellouts they both are!

Davidson is not a good politician. Torys did so well in Scotland because of a unionist 'pact'. Anybody but SNP was the mantra. Sound familiar? When she was questioned closely about policy she was floundering. So either she is a poor politician or she has no belief in what her party stands for.

bennydorano

Really Ned? Today's UK Times has her mentioned as future leader / being parachuted into cabinet - eventhough she is not an MP after her recent performances. May was told to stay away from Scotland and Davidson was the face and drive behind the campaign. To say she was floundering defies belief tbh, dealing with the fallout from May's disastrous campaign may have caused her some discomfort but nothing more. She has revived the Tories in Scotland.

ned

Quote from: bennydorano on June 10, 2017, 01:29:50 PM
Really Ned? Today's UK Times has her mentioned as future leader / being parachuted into cabinet - eventhough she is not an MP after her recent performances. May was told to stay away from Scotland and Davidson was the face and drive behind the campaign. To say she was floundering defies belief tbh, dealing with the fallout from May's disastrous campaign may have caused her some discomfort but nothing more. She has revived the Tories in Scotland.

The Times? Great source of balanced reporting.
Davidson was not the reason for torys doing well. I can guarantee when the next GE comes they will lose half those seats. Just like unionist pacts in the north, the other three parties in Scotland ganged up against the SNP. Local election bumpf here contained little about policy but lots about Sturgeon and inyref2. It was a negative campaign, a kind of 'Scotland says no' vibe. May also appeared in Scotland at least twice, she was definitely front and prominent not hidden away. Davidson may be a decent politician but she certainly came across as a poor one from what I saw and heard. As I say perhaps she didn't have the conviction in the central party policies. It's difficult to be passionate about something you don't believe in.
The SNP are probably where they should be in terms of MPs and perhaps slightly ahead. Everyone appears to forget that they had 6 MPs prior to 2015.

angermanagement

So it looks like we'll be sending Brussels the Conservative & Unionist Negotiating Team. I do hope they come up with a handy acronym.

yellowcard

May has now cowardly sacked her 2 main advisors to save her skin. It's the equivalent of a football chariman sacking the coach and the assistant manager whilst leaving the manager in charge. Echoes of Foster after the RHI scandal.

Hardy

Quote from: yellowcard on June 10, 2017, 02:01:54 PM
May has now cowardly sacked her 2 main advisors to save her skin. It's the equivalent of a football chariman sacking the coach and the assistant manager whilst leaving the manager in charge. Echoes of Foster after the RHI scandal.

It's more like the manager sacking the coach and assistant manager and there's no chairman to sack him. Or the player manager missing a sitter and dropping the keeper and the centre half in response.

seafoid

Quote from: yellowcard on June 10, 2017, 02:01:54 PM
It won't make any difference. She doesn't havé the numbers to push a hard Brexit through Parliament. 
The Tories are trína chéile.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

stew

Quote from: BennyCake on June 10, 2017, 09:40:22 AM

There's an I added to LGBT now? Jesus people will never remember all that.

You liberal f**kers have a lot to answer for!  ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

bennydorano

There's a 2 page spread in the Times about the roles played by Nick Timothy & Fiona Hill. They are accused of 'high-handedness & complacency' over the campaign. Hill in particular had run ins with Ruth Davidson for pretty much going on solo runs and not following the strong & stable strategy.