UK General Election 2017

Started by Eamonnca1, April 18, 2017, 07:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Buttering up the gullible unionists, eh?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 09, 2017, 10:37:20 PM
DUP given a hard times on Question Time.  Amazing how quickly the English has learned about DUP bigotry.

All they need is Google. They just never gave a f**k until now.

rrhf

Remember in the 80s they picketed a community theatre production of Jesus Christ superstar. They have evolved somewhat but they used to picket a lot of normal life events. Wee bit like that picketing clan in the states. Perfect for the Tories. Certainly more right hardline than ukip so that part of the Tory vote will be c**k a hoop. 

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

tonto1888

imtommygunn

An interesting one is lgbti rights. the scottish coservative leader - who is a very good politician and probably bailed the tories out- is a lesbain and has been questioning may on lgbti rights. She wants to use this coalition to further lgbti rights in the north.

If they further those rights the dup will not look good to it's voters and if they won't further them it won't look good for the tories.

Either way this particular scenario is illustrative of what conniving sellouts they both are!

armaghniac

There is a fairly obvious deal here, the DUP stays out of this stuff in Scotland and the Scottish stay out of it in NI.

Of more longer term importance is Davidson's plan to break away the Scottish Conservative Party and oppose a hard Brexit.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 10, 2017, 09:20:11 AM
An interesting one is lgbti rights. the scottish coservative leader - who is a very good politician and probably bailed the tories out- is a lesbain and has been questioning may on lgbti rights. She wants to use this coalition to further lgbti rights in the north.

If they further those rights the dup will not look good to it's voters and if they won't further them it won't look good for the tories.

Either way this particular scenario is illustrative of what conniving sellouts they both are!

There's an I added to LGBT now? Jesus people will never remember all that.

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on June 10, 2017, 09:31:37 AM
There is a fairly obvious deal here, the DUP stays out of this stuff in Scotland and the Scottish stay out of it in NI.

Of more longer term importance is Davidson's plan to break away the Scottish Conservative Party and oppose a hard Brexit.
She denied it.
It is hard to see a way forward for the Tories.  The defeat of the Eurosceptics will open the way for renewed  civil war in the party with the Europhîles.  It has been going on for 30 years.

May has no authority. They can't agree on what sort of Brexit they want.

FT said the political work to lay the groundwork for Brexit is not going to happen because the political support is not there. 

It is a shambles. The DUP are not in  great place if they get involved .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

Quote from: BennyCake on June 10, 2017, 09:40:22 AM

I only realised there was an i when i read this story and had to look it up!

93-DY-SAM

The vast majority of those in England, Scotland and Wales doing give two flying f**ks about NI. The fact many are only waking up to the DUP now says it all. They had no interest in the place but now that the DUP has an influence on things at Westminster and it could directly affect them it's a differentlt ball game.

The cries of the big bad EU taking all their money will soon be replaced with NI. They'll be looking for a referendum on getting rid of NI. Be interesting to see how the DUP et al like a UK wide vote then.

Minder

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on June 10, 2017, 09:59:17 AM
The vast majority of those in England, Scotland and Wales doing give two flying f**ks about NI. The fact many are only waking up to the DUP now says it all. They had no interest in the place but now that the DUP has an influence on things at Westminster and it could directly affect them it's a differentlt ball game.

The cries of the big bad EU taking all their money will soon be replaced with NI. They'll be looking for a referendum on getting rid of NI. Be interesting to see how the DUP et al like a UK wide vote then.

You often hear this, why would they give a fcuk ? Who here cares about them ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

OgraAnDun

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 10, 2017, 09:51:13 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 10, 2017, 09:40:22 AM

I only realised there was an i when i read this story and had to look it up!

When was the Q removed? I thought it was LGBQT?