International rules

Started by tonto1888, September 26, 2017, 09:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 25, 2017, 07:06:17 PM
Quote from: Syferus on October 25, 2017, 06:34:24 PM
Quote from: mrhardyannual on October 25, 2017, 06:14:23 PM
Quote from: Syferus on October 25, 2017, 04:22:49 PM

Listed. Anyone listed at six foot is nearly sure to be under the mark in reality. I've see him play in person and if he's breaking 5'10 he's doing well.

To suggest height isn't a big advantage in Aussie Rules given the mark system would be mad imho.
So when Chris Barrett declare that he's 5' 10" ???? Put Mattie on the plane. Free the "Trillick 1"

Eh? Chris Barrett is suddenly a forward?
So height is only an advantage for the forwards?  ???

Show me the reams of 6'3+ players he was competing with for a place. Donnelly generally plays around the middle, HF naturally but at times named at MF, for what little that's worth. So he's up against AOS, Smith, Murphy, Tuohy, Sweeney, Geaney etc. for a spot in a sport where you can call a mark from anywhere if you field the ball. He might make the final two still but to suggest an injustice is a bit much in that context.

LooseCannon

RuairĂ­ Allen from Offaly is an unreal, physically strong player. Should be on it. He's sub 6 foot, but he caught kickouts above GearĂ³id McKiernan's head in the qualifiers. McKiernan is 6ft 5"
Technically very good as well.

Rossfan

Syfīn, arent chest high catches awarded with marks in the Intl game unlike in Aussie Rules where it has to be over your head??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

nrico2006

As usual politics are at play here too.  This game isn't one where the majority of the game is contesting high balls, Donnelly's all round game is why he should be in ahead of others.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Syferus

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 26, 2017, 08:35:21 AM
As usual politics are at play here too. This game isn't one where the majority of the game is contesting high balls, Donnelly's all round game is why he should be in ahead of others.

No sense of irony so?

trueblue1234

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 25, 2017, 04:29:56 PM
It is ok to admit you're wrong once in a while.

I wouldn't hold my breath. He has form for refusing to accept he made a mistake even when shown up. In his world, if he thinks it, it must be so, regardless of anything else.   
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Rossfan

Sean Powter of Cork and Niall Grimley of Armagh added to squad.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tonto1888

Quote from: Rossfan on October 26, 2017, 09:55:45 AM
Sean Powter of Cork and Niall Grimley of Armagh added to squad.

delighted for Grimley

Orchard park

delighted for powter who was the one shining light for a dismal cork team

Syferus

Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 26, 2017, 09:43:45 AM

I wouldn't hold my breath. He has form for refusing to accept he made a mistake even when shown up. In his world, if he thinks it, it must be so, regardless of anything else.   

..and yet Donnelly wasn't even added at the second chance. What was that about refusing to apologise, trueblue? You're going to now, surely?

mrhardyannual

Quote from: Syferus on October 26, 2017, 10:07:12 AM

..and yet Donnelly wasn't even added at the second chance. What was that about refusing to apologise, trueblue? You're going to now, surely?
Not sure who's winning which argument when the 6ft claiming Mattie is overlooked (read pun or irony if required) by Sean Powter a 5' 8" claiming forward.

trueblue1234

Why would I apologise? You were wrong about mattie's height. He's 6ft. Seanie even quoted the listed height. But in your world we should accept your version. You live in a bubble. You have no ability to accept when you made a mistake. You did it before on this forum. And instead of saying "oh right, my mistake" You just cling to your version regardless.

Syferus

Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 26, 2017, 11:44:05 AM

Why would I apologise? You were wrong about mattie's height. He's 6ft. Seanie even quoted the listed height. But in your world we should accept your version. You live in a bubble. You have no ability to accept when you made a mistake. You did it before on this forum. And instead of saying "oh right, my mistake" You just cling to your version regardless.

Not a great apology.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Syferus on October 26, 2017, 11:46:06 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 26, 2017, 11:44:05 AM

Not a great apology.

No apology needed when highlighting your inability to accept that you were wrong. In fact it's fun to watch you try to do written gymnastics to somehow still accept your version as correct.   

Syferus

Quote from: mrhardyannual on October 26, 2017, 11:25:10 AM

Not sure who's winning which argument when the 6ft claiming Mattie is overlooked (read pun or irony if required) by Sean Powter a 5' 8" claiming forward.

I've figured out your error.