Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dire Ear

Since when did it become ok to be naming players on here?

Localexpert

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 20, 2018, 06:16:21 PM

Players are routinely talked about on here are they not?  Who played well,  who played badly etc.  The days of what happened on the field stays on the field are rightly numbered and thugs shouldn't be allowed to hide behind that shield any longer.

Dire Ear

No harm to you but that's bollix, who made you judge, "expert "?

Club boi

Quote from: Localexpert on August 20, 2018, 06:32:44 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on August 20, 2018, 06:16:21 PM

Players are routinely talked about on here are they not?  Who played well,  who played badly etc.  The days of what happened on the field stays on the field are rightly numbered and thugs shouldn't be allowed to hide behind that shield any longer.

+ 1

Localexpert

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 20, 2018, 06:34:59 PM
No harm to you but that's bollix, who made you judge, "expert "?

Which part is bollix?

Dire Ear

You have judged someone to be guilty of being a thug, who gave you the right to do that to an amateur sports player? Did you see this incident ( I didn't), and did you see it in an objective and neutral manner? Do you have any grudge v the player you named ? Would you like your name put up? If someone acts the bollix on the pitch, I've not problem with them being dealt with through the proper channels, but not this way.

Localexpert

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 20, 2018, 07:53:18 PM
You have judged someone to be guilty of being a thug, who gave you the right to do that to an amateur sports player? Did you see this incident ( I didn't), and did you see it in an objective and neutral manner? Do you have any grudge v the player you named ? Would you like your name put up? If someone acts the bollix on the pitch, I've not problem with them being dealt with through the proper channels, but not this way.

You're adding 2+2 and getting 50.  I never judged anyone I made a general statement about the gaa's past of people getting away with thuggery on the pitch due to "what happens on the field ....." if I see an Incident of thuggery on a pitch id have no problem naming the player here.  If I did it out of spite and it in fact didnt happen and I just made an Incident up id be leaving myself open to legal proceedings.

also what has amateur got to do with it you're either a thug or you aren't doesn't matter whether you are paid or not!

Under Lights

If this is true I would hope his club would take their own drastic action never mind the county board.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Localexpert on August 20, 2018, 09:31:41 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on August 20, 2018, 07:53:18 PM

You're adding 2+2 and getting 50.  I never judged anyone I made a general statement about the gaa's past of people getting away with thuggery on the pitch due to "what happens on the field ....." if I see an Incident of thuggery on a pitch id have no problem naming the player here.  If I did it out of spite and it in fact didnt happen and I just made an Incident up id be leaving myself open to legal proceedings.

also what has amateur got to do with it you're either a thug or you aren't doesn't matter whether you are paid or not!

Depends what is the definition of thuggery. If its a late tackle then its hard to see how you can be sure it was meant. Think its very easy to name someone on here whilst hiding behind anonymity.

Therealdonald

Big hearty congratulations to Sean Hurson and his team of umpires. Nice honour for Galbally, Ardboe Moortown and Clonoe. How many tickets do referee's get do you reckon?

OffTheDeck

Quote from: RedKinght on August 16, 2018, 12:46:47 AM
County board should be ashamed of themselves. Playing junior championship double header in fintona on the training pitch on Friday night. Shows total disrespect for the teams and also fans wanting to go to the games. What is the rush when senior and intermediate not til after AI final
Have to agree, I was at the games and credit to Fintona they organised the thing well with the hand they were dealt, but those games should never have played at that venue, even weather permitting it still wouldn't be ideal.

Under Lights

What is going on with Fintona club though. Excellent facilities but their senior team is a bottom half of D3 team for the last few years. They should and would have a bigger pick that neighbouring clubs but way behind them. They shouldn't be this poor. Any insight?

OffTheDeck

Quote from: Under Lights on August 21, 2018, 01:26:42 PM
What is going on with Fintona club though. Excellent facilities but their senior team is a bottom half of D3 team for the last few years. They should and would have a bigger pick that neighbouring clubs but way behind them. They shouldn't be this poor. Any insight?
Can't say for sure. A lot of older players still having to tog out from what I've heard. I know there was a few rows in camp a couple of years back, not sure if those were ever resolved or not. Tommy McGrath who was in Tyrone teams at underage is riddled with injuries and in full flow he surely would be a starter but a recurring hamstring injury has kept him out and could actually put an end to his playing days

Under Lights

I know there was a fall out between Fintona Swifts and the GAA club but that could be 10 years or more ago. There are probably enough talented players (McCarney, Martin, McCann etc) still available to the club to push into promotion playoffs but they are nowhere near it. Limped out of the Championship last weekend too.

OffTheDeck

Quote from: Under Lights on August 21, 2018, 01:50:01 PM
I know there was a fall out between Fintona Swifts and the GAA club but that could be 10 years or more ago. There are probably enough talented players (McCarney, Martin, McCann etc) still available to the club to push into promotion playoffs but they are nowhere near it. Limped out of the Championship last weekend too.
Not referring to that fallout. Can't say for certain who was involved but it  ended up in someone going to dromore. On the other note yes 3 good players, however, anytime I've seen McCann he's been poor to be honest. Wouldn't pull a hair out of his head never mind fintona out of div 3.