Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Played 15+ yrs, never nipped a man yet, but back then you been quickly lamped if u tried this crap. I think more players be at it these days as they know they not get hit.

general_lee

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 15, 2023, 01:47:59 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 15, 2023, 01:23:46 PM
Started reading through the post match comments but gave up.

Poor game and I thought we left a result behind. Morgan very lucky to get away without of the black card. Would point that for all those who think McGuigan gave him the run around should at least recognise that Morgan didn't start the game on McGuigan.

McGuigan, like Derry's top players was excellent.

Think the criticism of McKay (or Forker as he is sometimes called here) is harsh. He certainly didn't target McGuigan's fingers. There is a bit of grabbing going on there between 2 players. Not sure McKay does anything to instigate this that McGuigan doesn't. In the act of extricating themselves one player picks up a genuine knock. Nothing more for me.

Derry are hard to watch. Carry the ball out of defence 100% of the time. Never gamble. Dull to watch.

But you don't win back to back ulsters without having something about you and there is a lot of onfield leadership in that group. Typified by Glass. McGuigan and Rodgers are very good but Glass apart from the high fielding does very little flashy. But he doesn't make mistakes. Makes great decisions and always seems to in the right place. Top player and leader.

One last point. If there is a Derry fan reading thiswho screamed "what are you looking at" at an Armagh fan sitting about 5 rows in front of him well I was that Armagh fan and I was looking at you whilst contemplating if there would be any benefit in reporting you to the stewards. I was also concerned for your own mental health and marvelling at the wafer thin breadth of your vocabulary. The persistent use of the word "c*nt" probably takes practice. How else can you get to the "we are getting nothing from this c*nt" after less than 1 minute. Also the near constant references to Tyrone in a match between Derry and Armagh was concerning. I should say to everyone, none of this was whispered. All balled out at top volume and no little vehemence.

There's always o e lunatic.
I'd two Armagh "women" behind me who were at similar. Including shouting and swearing at kids for waving flags after scores. To be fair, even some other armagh supporters were telling them to be quiet.....
I'd a bunch of insufferable degenerates who spent the entire match calling Armagh scumbags and when they weren't directing homophobic jibes towards the ref, questioned every single decision that didn't go their way. With that stupid Ulster Scots accent I could well have been at a band parade  :-X

tyrone08

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 15, 2023, 03:46:42 PM
Could be worse, I had a drunken Derry lad just behind, was serious, with constant shouting to a rhytmn Armagh wankers. Had tell him a few times to cool it, but he that drunk am not sure he notice. We must picked up an awful of boo boys in the last year. The amount of booing from us since covid gone way up. Starting to think that Covid spell turned the general population into people with attitude

Yeah I noticed this as well. Derry have gotten very bad at booing every free against them. I noticed Donegal did it under Jim and rory, now Derry seem to be at it. I hate that carry on.

tonto1888

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2023, 02:41:49 PM
Quote from: jmk on May 15, 2023, 02:24:49 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 15, 2023, 12:42:04 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on May 15, 2023, 12:37:43 PM
For me the biggest incorrect call was forcing armagh to retake the kick out after they won possession. Not sure why he did that but thought it gave Derry a chance to get possession back.
He spoke to someone for something off the ball, don't even think he booked them or anything ffs.
It was ridiculous to stop the play like that. He then spoke to someone for about 2 seconds.

Had someone spoke to him first? Was everyone out of the square/D? Had he blown the whistle for the kick out to be taken? I was watching but those at the game could probably tell, those above would be the main reason to take it again.

I know I wasn't annoyed at the time. I'd be near certain he put his hand up to stop it being taken while he went to speak to someone

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2023, 03:49:16 PM
Nipping and griping peoples flesh is common enough in the sport unfortunately, grabbing and twisting fingers happens also. It wasn't a forearm into the face and a closeline tackle though when it happened it looked like he had been closeline/forearm to the head ;)

Sorry, but you must be joking? It is like f*ck..
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Derryman forever

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on May 15, 2023, 06:42:03 PM
Nipping and griping peoples flesh is common enough in the sport unfortunately, grabbing and twisting fingers happens also. It wasn't a forearm into the face and a closeline tackle though when it happened it looked like he had been closeline/forearm to the head ;)

I am glad I am not the only skeptic of this.

Orior

Quote from: InnocentByStander on May 15, 2023, 11:48:38 AM
As a neutral at the game yesterday I thought Gough was very harsh on Derry.
The last 45 to bring the game to a point, lynch caught the ball in his 6 yard box and was shouldered out, unless the rule has changed i didn't think you can touch the keeper in 6 yard box.
Let Rafferty away with murder on how long he was taking with his kickouts too.

No. Quite often, subs were being brought on so the referee paused and Rafferty was unable to restart the game.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Walter Cronc

Quote from: tyrone08 on May 15, 2023, 05:02:55 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 15, 2023, 03:46:42 PM
Could be worse, I had a drunken Derry lad just behind, was serious, with constant shouting to a rhytmn Armagh wankers. Had tell him a few times to cool it, but he that drunk am not sure he notice. We must picked up an awful of boo boys in the last year. The amount of booing from us since covid gone way up. Starting to think that Covid spell turned the general population into people with attitude

Yeah I noticed this as well. Derry have gotten very bad at booing every free against them. I noticed Donegal did it under Jim and rory, now Derry seem to be at it. I hate that carry on.

Lol the moral compass strikes again!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Derryman forever on May 15, 2023, 07:06:04 PM

Griping players or nipping them happens more often than you think, players have come to me during games showing where they have been gripped, nasty enough which generates retaliation.

But sure I'm making it up  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on May 15, 2023, 02:19:05 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on May 15, 2023, 10:06:16 AM
Quote from: gallsman on May 15, 2023, 09:38:45 AM
Ah here, Campbell getting "shoved in the back" stretches the limits of credulity. He was lightly tackled from either side. You could maybe just about find a foul with it if you tried hard enough but he certainly went down easily. Lynch was definitely shouldered inside the box for the 45 but then should have been done for over carrying before the throw ball.

The trip on McGuigan I didn't think was that big a deal to be honest. Looked as if his hand more brushed against his leg in an attempt to trip. Certainly didn't have a good grip of him or clobber his leg a la Peter Stringer. Morgan still being on McGuigan at that stage possibly the biggest indictment of Armagh management on the day.

11 min 55 seconds. Clear 2 hands in his back
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LLLv8ABONac&pp=ygUlYXJtYWdoIHZzIGRlcnJ5IGZ1bGwgbWF0Y2ggZXh0cmEgdGltZQ%3D%3D

Every ref will give a free for that however soft it might look. As others have said the real issue was Derry trying to kick an extremely hopeful score just before, needlessly giving possession away at a crucial time. I was also surprised in those last few minutes to see Rafferty booting the ball into a sea of bodies in the middle. However frenetic it was the lack of composure raises questions about both sides. Can add Rian O'Neill to that too in the build up to the free McGuigan kicked to level it at 0-17 to 1-14, running into McGuigan after it was awarded and trying to drag him down then throwing himself to the ground theatrically, only to be ignored by everyone  ;D.

Did he go down holding his face?

leenie

Gallagher stepped away but done a training session with derry on Saturday and was out celebrating with them last night
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

oakleaflad

Quote from: leenie on May 15, 2023, 07:35:02 PM
Gallagher stepped away but done a training session with derry on Saturday and was out celebrating with them last night
Aye? lol

tonto1888

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2023, 07:20:29 PM
Quote from: Derryman forever on May 15, 2023, 07:06:04 PM

Griping players or nipping them happens more often than you think, players have come to me during games showing where they have been gripped, nasty enough which generates retaliation.

But sure I'm making it up  ;D

It has been going on a long time

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: leenie on May 15, 2023, 07:35:02 PM

Its a wonder theres no photos of him last nite in this day of mobile phones. Weird one...

Wildweasel74

Here there now a RG thread for anybody looking to post things about RG, it be handy if the person in question actually saw RG been here or there, instead putting it up cause there heard from 3rd parties.