Allianz Football League 2017 - Division 3

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 15, 2016, 02:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stradism

Creedon said in an interview Danny Luttrell was to come on for Meaney, then he (inevitably) got his second yellow.

For anyone that says Creedon is to blame:
Antrim, Clare, Tipperay-        The last three teams to beat us in the last three years.
Wicklow x4, Louth x3, Offaly- The only teams we have beaten in the last EIGHT years at Under21 level.

We cant exactly sack Creedon for an overwhelming lack of talent.
What this relegation has done is highlight our shortcomings and our the total absence of any aspirations from our CB over the last number of years. At the club scene, development squads, Minor and U21.

Lack of planning, no ambition, where would you even start with our CB. Can anyone step forward and take a bit of responsibility? Because the chickens have well and truly come home to roost.

As for the rest of the season:
Wrap up Donie Kingston, O'Loughlin, Quigley, Begley and co. in cotton wool until May 21st. Maybe go see Meredith, Cahillane and Gearoid Hanrahan and ask then to come back and play!

Then at the end of the year we can end the talking and start acting. Strip down our current system, put a reasonable 5 year plan in place. A 'director of football' (as such). Serious GDAs. Work with the clubs. See why the numbers of players are dropping at underage and senior level with clubs. What more can they do to develop them. A new programme for our development squads with quality coaches, not just whoever wants it.
Just a start! (of a serious restructuring that's needed)

town1980

At last people agreeing this current management are shite,,, TONY where are you ????? I wanna hear your view on today's performance??? Or lack of it ,, the last 4/5 posts are great reading and proper points made,, stradism great post

welcomehome

u can get what manager u like..u have to have 15 players that want to play for laois..I am sorry to say we dont have dat ,we have only a few..Feel so sorry for donie jol and brody the effort they put in,and some of the other players just sauntering around....

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on March 06, 2017, 12:02:44 PM
Quote from: Timmy on March 06, 2017, 11:45:15 AM
Quote from: BallyroanAbu on March 06, 2017, 10:51:44 AM
Unfortunately the rot has already set in,  TOF was a joke manager, Lillis was dreadful & Creedon unfortunately was a gamble who has not worked out.  The CB and most of Laois Football fail to realise that we are going to have to think outside the box to start to rebuild.  Poor performance on the pitch = less support and money.  This means we are unable to put more development coaches out into our big towns, Players commit for a few months then just give up.  Do people honestly think we're going to get better without doing something radical.  Yes the answer is we should get rid of our manager  as this guy is clearly a waste of our time and money.  We cannot afford to spend 5 years rebuilding we need green shoots of recovery fast.  We are into our fifth year of regression so I think we have wasted enough time.

Mad stuff here!

So after 4 league games Creedon has already not worked out and a waste of time and money?? 4 games!

Radical thinking, think outside the box....or maybe just do what has got us any bit of success we've had over the last 20 years. Start producing underage quality again!

No worse than whats gone on for the last 5 years, for 5 years people have been saying things are going to turn around they have not, more like a whole  lot worse.  You can't produce underage quality on the money given to County Boards by Leinster Council & Croke Park.   The O Moore Park development while positive is no advantage every county in Ireland got one.  We need more games development officers, however that's not going to happen without money.  Senior Teams, U21 teams & minor teams have been dreadful , end result raising money is not happening.  We need results on the field to get the vibe going thats why Creedon is doing untold damage.  This is not entirely of his making but unfortunately he can not lift us from it.   Cut the cord sooner rather than later, we are only wasting time.  Portarlington, Portlaoise, Graigue & Mountmellick are providing poor returns on population.  We need to do something radical to get back into these towns.

A month later was I wrong ? 

SCFC

Lads here delighted Laois were bet. So they can win the internet.  >:(

High Fielder

Thinking the same SCFC. And some of their own club men involved. We would have won today with Seale in one corner and Hanrahan or Kehoe in the other. There last year but not this. I suppose that's Creedon's fault too. We have paid the price for not being good enough and our full back line in particular were atrocious. In fairness to Kelly and Strong, neither are corner backs. Some of those lads today have no interest in the jersey. If they did, they would show a lot more than they did. No names mentioned, and in fairness to them, they are only there because others can't or won't commit. Hard to look at though......

OTF

Quote from: SCFC on April 02, 2017, 10:08:50 PM

It's a sorry state of affairs but it's true.

BallyroanAbu

No not happy but was annoyed at being called an idiot by several on here.   This is actually a serious business,  a lot of people are putting time and effort into raising money to be totally ignored and treated like idiots by the CB.  Have you ever been at a county convention how the clubs are ignored by the chosen few.  Have any people any idea how Peter Creedon got the job who choose him or what were the parameters of the appointment.  You don't matter to those that make the decisions in Laois we are all clowns in their eyes and long may the party continue.

town1980

High fielder are you for real saying that?? Its creedons job to get all involved that's what his paid to do,,, yee all mention lads that aren't playing why????? They don't want to commit to this so forget them,, I agree what it looks like with the players but there manager doesn't inspire them .... he has noooooooo tactical brain that's the problem,,, do u think I'm happy this shit has happened I am not happy ,,, I agree with Broan Abu because he makes perfect sense he calls it right that my opinion,, today was an unfit team in planned in trained team that's the problem mate that's all

Target Man

Quote from: High Fielder on April 02, 2017, 10:20:45 PM
Thinking the same SCFC. And some of their own club men involved. We would have won today with Seale in one corner and Hanrahan or Kehoe in the other. There last year but not this. I suppose that's Creedon's fault too. We have paid the price for not being good enough and our full back line in particular were atrocious. In fairness to Kelly and Strong, neither are corner backs. Some of those lads today have no interest in the jersey. If they did, they would show a lot more than they did. No names mentioned, and in fairness to them, they are only there because others can't or won't commit. Hard to look at though......
Maybe we would but the 3 lads you named have decided not to play for Laois this year. So we have to go on without them.

Everyone wants to throw out Creedon the gdas, the co board.

Co board is democratically elected, so your clubs can all sort that.

Gdas protected by employment laws, they're here to stay

Creedon I'm not that impressed​ with , probably give him the year. Not exactly a lineup of managers with outstanding cvs ready to take over.

At the end of all the hand wringing we all need to go back to our own clubs and work from the ground up. The gdas can't make x club produce x no of county players.  Clubs need their own structures in order rather than whining at co board

That said this is a bleak day for Laois football. Division 4 is a disaster for us. Imo opinion we have players good enough to make us a div 2 team. That should be our short term aim, as we need to be at least there to have a shot at making an impact on championship

Target Man

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on April 02, 2017, 10:29:20 PM
No not happy but was annoyed at being called an idiot by several on here.   This is actually a serious business,  a lot of people are putting time and effort into raising money to be totally ignored and treated like idiots by the CB.  Have you ever been at a county convention how the clubs are ignored by the chosen few.  Have any people any idea how Peter Creedon got the job who choose him or what were the parameters of the appointment.  You don't matter to those that make the decisions in Laois we are all clowns in their eyes and long may the party continue.

I'm no fan of co
board, but have you evidence there was lack of due process in Creedons appointment nor are you just ranting for

BallyroanAbu

I just asked who appointed him, and what were the parameters of the appointment.  I am pretty sure many on here would like to know how much this set up cost, considering what happened to Mark Rooney.

ILikeStrawberryJam

I don't think we are anywhere near a division2 team anymore .. division 3 is what we should be .. division 4 due to poor mgmt / injuries / illdiscipline

Looking at the bigger picture it's an old team.. half of them in their thirties with very little coming through .. we could be fluttering between division 3 and 4 for the foreseeable.. I expect a raft of retirement after the summer and maybe 1 or 2 before that ..

Hard to see creedon turning it around during the summer .. if he is costing a lot ballyroanabu I can see why u want him gone but I think the bigger picture of the 2003 minors retiring and nothing coming thru as the major problem for laois football in the short to medium term

Don Draper

Quote from: SCFC on April 02, 2017, 10:08:50 PM
f**king sickening.