Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

No Tyrone player sent an email to newstalk. Mickey Harte sent it to discredit rosin Jordan and it has backfired big time.and I don't believe any Tyrone player spoke to brolly either.

Fuzzman

I was wondering after the game on Sunday does Harte sometimes change tactics a bit to show us how things can go wrong if we move away from the style we have been using.
What I mean is the last few games we've been hitting a lot more long balls into the FF line but it hasn't brought much joy. We also seem to not play so defensively on Sunday and so Kerry were tearing us apart in the first 20 mins and had a huge lead built up.

I'm just wondering does this give Harte now justification that we are better of to return to the game plan we've got used to and he will abandon using the FF line again.
He certainly has lowered expectations going into the championship as if we had went through the league unbeaten and went close to the Dubs in the final then we would be expecting to win Ulster again and do better than last year.

With the way Donegal and Monaghan have done so well in the league, I would not be so confident of retaining Ulster at the moment.

STG, do you think it was Harte that spoke to Brolly then? Maybe it was Kyle Coney or Shay McGuigan.  :-X

teaminamillion

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 04, 2017, 11:21:36 AM
I was wondering after the game on Sunday does Harte sometimes change tactics a bit to show us how things can go wrong if we move away from the style we have been using.
What I mean is the last few games we've been hitting a lot more long balls into the FF line but it hasn't brought much joy. We also seem to not play so defensively on Sunday and so Kerry were tearing us apart in the first 20 mins and had a huge lead built up.

I'm just wondering does this give Harte now justification that we are better of to return to the game plan we've got used to and he will abandon using the FF line again.
He certainly has lowered expectations going into the championship as if we had went through the league unbeaten and went close to the Dubs in the final then we would be expecting to win Ulster again and do better than last year.

With the way Donegal and Monaghan have done so well in the league, I would not be so confident of retaining Ulster at the moment.

STG, do you think it was Harte that spoke to Brolly then? Maybe it was Kyle Coney or Shay McGuigan.  :-X listen the problem is there are certain players like Peter Harte who cant play in any other system. It would leave them exposed to the opposition you see it even at club level for errigal Ciaran when Petey has to play midfield were picking up your man is less relevant. Where did Petey end up in the second half of the Ulster final last year once Ryan McHugh exposed him in the first half?Petey needs the protection of a massed defence. There s a cats chance in hell Mickey Harte will drop his nephew. That is the crux of the problem in Tyrone. People need to waken up!

southtyronegael

Omg fuzzman did u just write that? Lol. Last 3 defeats all part of mickeys master plan! What a pile of shite. Easily the worst excuse to defend mickey yet.

Fuzzman

See how that feels STG.
We feel like that ALL THE TIME when we read your posts.

southtyronegael

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 04, 2017, 02:26:29 PM
See how that feels STG.
We feel like that ALL THE TIME when we read your posts.
course you do but deep down you know I'm right.

ose 14

lads do you think the players have jacked. no shows in a lot of places on sunday.if the sideline lose the dressing room surely it is the end?

teaminamillion

Quote from: ose 14 on April 04, 2017, 10:20:22 PM
lads do you think the players have jacked. no shows in a lot of places on sunday.if the sideline lose the dressing room surely it is the end?
yeh definitely think so mate. The lads have copped on that the bearded boy with the hat has nae clue what he's doing. Not to worry Mickeys next autograph will be on his resignation letter.

LeoMc

Quote from: ose 14 on April 04, 2017, 10:20:22 PM
If the Manager does not have the players it is the end. If it is an unconvincing Championship it is time to thank Mickey for what he had achieved and get a fresh voice.
I don't think his last shake up if the backroom team worked but the buck stops with him.

However if players do not perform the new Manager would have to wonder if he can trust men with that little pride in themselves or their Jersey.

southtyronegael

do you think the players feel pride in what they are offering up on the football pitch at the minute? do tyrone supporters feel pride at what has become of our great footballing county? time for a clearout and refind the pride in the tyrone jersey. that goes for players and supporters.

teaminamillion

Their is a reason the united states of America has a maximum presidential term for anyone in office. Eight years I believe and this is to negate dictatorial and corrupt practises'. Tyrone GAA would be advised to adopt such measures in future team managerial appointments.

Hotrocks

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 04, 2017, 11:21:36 AM

STG, do you think it was Harte that spoke to Brolly then? Maybe it was Kyle Coney or Shay McGuigan.  :-X
I've seen some shite in my day on here, but this takes the biscuit!!  A masterplan from Harte? Sweet Jesus!!!!!

paddyjohn

From the outside looking in I think anybody who in Tyrone slags off Harte should have a look at themselves. He has done more than any other Tyrone manager in he past and has won All Ireland titles at Minor, Un21 & Senior.  Stuck with the team through huge personal tragedy. maybe a bit of respect is due to him. if it wasn't for him your biggest game would still be against Derry once or twice a year.  ;)

redhandefender

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 04, 2017, 10:59:04 PM
do you think the players feel pride in what they are offering up on the football pitch at the minute? do tyrone supporters feel pride at what has become of our great footballing county? time for a clearout and refind the pride in the tyrone jersey. that goes for players and supporters.

Further nonsense from what sounds like a 14 year old school kid. Great footballing county? We won nothing before harte, we had a super crop came through for various reasons now we don't have the players simple as!

He is going nowhere until the end of the season anyway so we should get behind him.

The worrying part for me was harte's interview after where he said we were better and made the score more predictable. I was at the game and Kerry clearly took the foot of the gas, the referee gifted us some decisions and overall we were absolute dung. Lee Brennan must be good enough if in the panel, therefore he should be played now other have had the chance and can't do it. Give him a go now. Donegal have 5 u 21s starting and performing as they have been given time to play.

southtyronegael

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 05, 2017, 09:58:16 AM
From the outside looking in I think anybody who in Tyrone slags off Harte should have a look at themselves. He has done more than any other Tyrone manager in he past and has won All Ireland titles at Minor, Un21 & Senior.  Stuck with the team through huge personal tragedy. maybe a bit of respect is due to him. if it wasn't for him your biggest game would still be against Derry once or twice a year.  ;)
from the inside looking out, you don't know what's going on in Tyrone so keep ur nose out.