Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 05, 2017, 11:31:46 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on April 05, 2017, 09:58:16 AM
From the outside looking in I think anybody who in Tyrone slags off Harte should have a look at themselves. He has done more than any other Tyrone manager in he past and has won All Ireland titles at Minor, Un21 & Senior.  Stuck with the team through huge personal tragedy. maybe a bit of respect is due to him. if it wasn't for him your biggest game would still be against Derry once or twice a year.  ;)
from the inside looking out, you don't know what's going on in Tyrone so keep ur nose out.

Touchy there big stuff. Sure is any of what I'm saying wrong?

southtyronegael

Quote from: redhandefender on April 05, 2017, 10:25:13 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on April 04, 2017, 10:59:04 PM
do you think the players feel pride in what they are offering up on the football pitch at the minute? do tyrone supporters feel pride at what has become of our great footballing county? time for a clearout and refind the pride in the tyrone jersey. that goes for players and supporters.

Further nonsense from what sounds like a 14 year old school kid. Great footballing county? We won nothing before harte, we had a super crop came through for various reasons now we don't have the players simple as!

He is going nowhere until the end of the season anyway so we should get behind him.

The worrying part for me was harte's interview after where he said we were better and made the score more predictable. I was at the game and Kerry clearly took the foot of the gas, the referee gifted us some decisions and overall we were absolute dung. Lee Brennan must be good enough if in the panel, therefore he should be played now other have had the chance and can't do it. Give him a go now. Donegal have 5 u 21s starting and performing as they have been given time to play.
Tyrone football did not start in 2003 but obviously that's when you started supporting Tyrone.and if you think dropping poor lee Brennan into this shite is gonna make a difference then you really are deluded.

redhandefender

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 05, 2017, 11:39:09 AM
Quote from: redhandefender on April 05, 2017, 10:25:13 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on April 04, 2017, 10:59:04 PM
do you think the players feel pride in what they are offering up on the football pitch at the minute? do tyrone supporters feel pride at what has become of our great footballing county? time for a clearout and refind the pride in the tyrone jersey. that goes for players and supporters.

Further nonsense from what sounds like a 14 year old school kid. Great footballing county? We won nothing before harte, we had a super crop came through for various reasons now we don't have the players simple as!

He is going nowhere until the end of the season anyway so we should get behind him.

The worrying part for me was harte's interview after where he said we were better and made the score more predictable. I was at the game and Kerry clearly took the foot of the gas, the referee gifted us some decisions and overall we were absolute dung. Lee Brennan must be good enough if in the panel, therefore he should be played now other have had the chance and can't do it. Give him a go now. Donegal have 5 u 21s starting and performing as they have been given time to play.
Tyrone football did not start in 2003 but obviously that's when you started supporting Tyrone.and if you think dropping poor lee Brennan into this shite is gonna make a difference then you really are deluded.

Waster

teaminamillion

On page 70 of todays Irish news Mickey Harte states"our players set out to be ready they set out to challenge everything, every ball." Now I wasn't in Killarney or seen much footage of the game but by going by what he has said, Tyrone players must have pressed on the Kerry kick out and every other sector on the pitch. Can someone clarify this or is Harte talking more spoof, bluster and bullshit??

rrhf

What I seen in Kerry was very dispiriting. Not enough has changed from the mayo game, although there was a conventional forward set up which was new but needs lots of work and a return to long ball at times which was unnatural for some. The body language of certain players and arguing was embarrassing. I hear  that Mickeys backroom team has pushed this defensive strategy too far and unfortunately Mickey may well be in his last year unless he can reverse 2 years of this approach in a few weeks. Hate to say it but we lack a game plan that works against decent teams. Unless he gets to a final An end of an era, but what a great era it was and his legend is amazing.   

southtyronegael

Quote from: rrhf on April 05, 2017, 11:11:11 PM
What I seen in Kerry was very dispiriting. Not enough has changed from the mayo game, although there was a conventional forward set up which was new but needs lots of work and a return to long ball at times which was unnatural for some. The body language of certain players and arguing was embarrassing. I hear  that Mickeys backroom team has pushed this defensive strategy too far and unfortunately Mickey may well be in his last year unless he can reverse 2 years of this approach in a few weeks. Hate to say it but we lack a game plan that works against decent teams. Unless he gets to a final An end of an era, but what a great era it was and his legend is amazing.
'mickeys backroom team'? so its gavin devlins fault not mickeys?

rrhf

No the buck stops with Mickey but he has delivered it all before. If what I'm hearing is correct the disastrous ultra defensive system is from the back room team. Are you not hearing that? I also would have grave concerns over the natural skill development of the development squads over the years. Questions need to be asked? What were they trying to identify and develop. Freetakers natural forwards, good man markers and midfielders. It is becoming that development was a misnomer. I presume the academy system is promoting different values and not creating robots.

southtyronegael

who is mickeys backroom team and why would it be them pushing this ultra defensive football? does mickey not have a say anymore?

teaminamillion

Quote from: rrhf on April 05, 2017, 11:36:06 PM
No the buck stops with Mickey but he has delivered it all before. If what I'm hearing is correct the disastrous ultra defensive system is from the back room team. Are you not hearing that? I also would have grave concerns over the natural skill development of the development squads over the years. Questions need to be asked? What were they trying to identify and develop. Freetakers natural forwards, good man markers and midfielders. It is becoming that development was a misnomer. I presume the academy system is promoting different values and not creating robots.
there are 150 coaches and managers in Tyrone could do what Harte does if not better. The players it seems are frustrated, depressed and ultimately lacking inspiration. What Mickey Harte calls a talented footballer and what most people would call a talented footballer is open for debate. Player selection under him has been always erratic. Think back to the last time Tyrone beat Dublin in Croke park which was only a few years ago, Plunkett Kane scored three magnificent long range points. What happened to that player? There is far too much sentimental value attached to Harte in Tyrone. He should have went in 2010 when at the time you just knew it was the end of an era. Kerry and Dublin don't be long changing it up and have to say their backroom teams have an unbelievable wealth of experience compared to Mickey Hartes "jobs for the boys" policy. 

seanmc123

Quote from: teaminamillion on April 05, 2017, 12:52:10 PM
On page 70 of todays Irish news Mickey Harte states"our players set out to be ready they set out to challenge everything, every ball." Now I wasn't in Killarney or seen much footage of the game but by going by what he has said, Tyrone players must have pressed on the Kerry kick out and every other sector on the pitch. Can someone clarify this or is Harte talking more spoof, bluster and bullshit??

You were not at the game, your not a true fan

f**k off back to the hole you crawled out off

rrhf

Haven't been on the board in a while but some of the criticism on here is irrational and personal and possibly coming with an agenda. Either critique fairly or stay quiet.

BennyHarp

Quote from: teaminamillion on April 06, 2017, 07:26:07 AM
there are 150 coaches and managers in Tyrone could do what Harte does if not better. The players it seems are frustrated, depressed and ultimately lacking inspiration. What Mickey Harte calls a talented footballer and what most people would call a talented footballer is open for debate. Player selection under him has been always erratic. Think back to the last time Tyrone beat Dublin in Croke park which was only a few years ago, Plunkett Kane scored three magnificent long range points. What happened to that player? There is far too much sentimental value attached to Harte in Tyrone. He should have went in 2010 when at the time you just knew it was the end of an era. Kerry and Dublin don't be long changing it up and have to say their backroom teams have an unbelievable wealth of experience compared to Mickey Hartes "jobs for the boys" policy.

No he didn't, he scored two points. One of which would be classified as a magnificent long range point. So you have one misinformed fact about this player and are using it as another swipe. There could be a million and one reasons why Plunkett didn't make it in the end. Player development is a lot more complicated that just, oh, well he kicked 3 points (when he actually kicked two) one day so he should be in the squad.
That was never a square ball!!

teaminamillion

Quote from: seanmc123 on April 06, 2017, 08:14:48 AM
Quote from: teaminamillion on April 05, 2017, 12:52:10 PM

You were not at the game, your not a true fan

f**k off back to the hole you crawled out off
how could you be a fan of that. I support Tyrone not Mickey Harte and the end is near. Some people just don't like to hear the truth ha ha.

teaminamillion

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 06, 2017, 09:25:39 AM
Quote from: teaminamillion on April 06, 2017, 07:26:07 AM

No he didn't, he scored two points. One of which would be classified as a magnificent long range point. So you have one misinformed fact about this player and are using it as another swipe. There could be a million and one reasons why Plunkett didn't make it in the end. Player development is a lot more complicated that just, oh, well he kicked 3 points (when he actually kicked two) one day so he should be in the squad.
oh sorry two points but one was a magnificent long range winner against the dubs which can't be snuffed at! We won't fall out over one point Benny. You seem to me missing the point I'm trying to make, in that Mickey Harte should stop using our beloved Tyrone as his celebrity platform.

southtyronegael

Teaminamillion, stop giving mickey a hard time. Apparently its the 'backroom team' that has us playing shite negative football.