Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: teaminamillion on April 03, 2017, 08:43:17 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on April 03, 2017, 07:14:24 PM
Brolly does what he always does. Hears a rumour or picks up on controversial topic, adds his own 50% to sensationalise whatever point he's making and sit back and watch every sheep in the country debate his nonsense. Watching Tyrone fans point the finger at which player they think spoke to him wil have the bould Joe creaming his pants. At this stage we don't know if things are 100% in the Tyrone camp or not, but like I said before I most definitely won't be looking to Joe Brolly for evidence. I would have thought Joe would be more interested in hearing, and reporting on, what the Derry players are saying about whats happening in his shambles of a county set up, but that wouldn't get him as much attention, would it?
Benny 99% of Tyrone fans know there is something wrong. You on the other hand are in a constant state of denial even blaming poor aul Joe brolly for Tyrones ills.

The mask is slipping Lenny!
That was never a square ball!!

lenny

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 03, 2017, 09:26:05 PM
Quote from: teaminamillion on April 03, 2017, 08:43:17 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on April 03, 2017, 07:14:24 PM
Brolly does what he always does. Hears a rumour or picks up on controversial topic, adds his own 50% to sensationalise whatever point he's making and sit back and watch every sheep in the country debate his nonsense. Watching Tyrone fans point the finger at which player they think spoke to him wil have the bould Joe creaming his pants. At this stage we don't know if things are 100% in the Tyrone camp or not, but like I said before I most definitely won't be looking to Joe Brolly for evidence. I would have thought Joe would be more interested in hearing, and reporting on, what the Derry players are saying about whats happening in his shambles of a county set up, but that wouldn't get him as much attention, would it?
Benny 99% of Tyrone fans know there is something wrong. You on the other hand are in a constant state of denial even blaming poor aul Joe brolly for Tyrones ills.

The mask is slipping Lenny!

Nothing to do with me, I would take anything brolly says with a pinch of salt. Also I'm no fan of harte but I don't think any team should be changing a manager in the middle of the season. That's a soccer thing.

Il Bomber Destro

On an alternative note, have we any inside forwards worth their salt in the county that have the stature to make an impact at the top level?

Coney had the potential but had his chances and looks like he's not going to fulfill it. Don't know the ins and outs with McNulty but he surely has to be worth a shot?

The guys we have there - Brennan, Bradley, McCurry, O'Neill are all slight/small guys and when the opposition pack the defences with strong, physical and athletic players then these guys will struggle to make a mark inside.

Can anyone name me an inside forward in the country with the stature of those guys mentioned above who is currently one of the best in the country? The day of the speedy, skillful, small corner forward is not gone. Today it's about the big/strong guys who can their own ball and are deadly in front of the posts - guys like Geaney, McCarron, McManus, McBrearty, Murphy, Comer, Quinlavin etc. I don't think there is any point blaming Harte for the failure of the likes of McCurry, Brennan, O'Neill etc.

How do the anti-Harte experts propose we solve Harte's failings in tactics and selections? We're all ears, lads.

In hiding

Quote from: longballin on April 03, 2017, 05:48:54 PM
Quote from: In hiding on April 03, 2017, 05:39:23 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on April 03, 2017, 04:40:55 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on April 03, 2017, 04:37:30 PM
With Joe's record of quoting nearly everyone he ever speaks to in his articles, I would be very surprised if any player spoke to him in private about what was happening. Things clearly aren't going well at the minute but the last person I would be looking to for evidence, would be the serial bullshitter, Mr Brolly!

No doubt he has ramped up whatever he has heard but I can't imagine (even for Joe) him completely making it up to stir the pot.
Brolly is a tube. Of course this is made up. What county player would complain to joe brolly about training. Maybe some players do feel this way but there is no way any of them are going crying to joe brolly about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMzd40i8TfA
;D ;D

oakleafgael

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 03, 2017, 09:30:39 PM
On an alternative note, have we any inside forwards worth their salt in the county that have the stature to make an impact at the top level?

Coney had the potential but had his chances and looks like he's not going to fulfill it. Don't know the ins and outs with McNulty but he surely has to be worth a shot?

The guys we have there - Brennan, Bradley, McCurry, O'Neill are all slight/small guys and when the opposition pack the defences with strong, physical and athletic players then these guys will struggle to make a mark inside.

Can anyone name me an inside forward in the country with the stature of those guys mentioned above who is currently one of the best in the country? The day of the speedy, skillful, small corner forward is not gone. Today it's about the big/strong guys who can their own ball and are deadly in front of the posts - guys like Geaney, McCarron, McManus, McBrearty, Murphy, Comer, Quinlavin etc. I don't think there is any point blaming Harte for the failure of the likes of McCurry, Brennan, O'Neill etc.

How do the anti-Harte experts propose we solve Harte's failings in tactics and selections? We're all ears, lads.

How McNulty didn't get at least asked is a head scratcher.

Im neutral on the Harte issue but was dragged to Omagh by the young lads to the Mayo game. I only thought watching Derry was depressing.

teaminamillion

As someone who has wanted Harte out since 2010 I would make the point that tactics and team selection are always of importance but at this stage the players and supporters in general in Tyrone are suffering from mental fatigue with Harte who has been there nearly 16 years. Time to change this stinking nappy.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: teaminamillion on April 03, 2017, 09:55:24 PM

As someone who has wanted Harte out since 2010 I would make the point that tactics and team selection are always of importance but at this stage the players and supporters in general in Tyrone are suffering from mental fatigue with Harte who has been there nearly 16 years. Time to change this stinking nappy.

So you want Harte out for the sake of wanting him out?

Be specific, what would you like to see changed and how?

Scoring Zone

for the best conditioned, strongest, most well looked after and "professional" Tyrone team imo, there is a very obvious mismatch in results against the top teams into what they are putting in to it, personally it looks to be a few groups in the squad, Harte, Cavanaghs, Donnelly etc. that more often than not empty the tank and seem to have good values and a competitive streak that make you want to watch Tyrone, but personally (and I'm probably showing my age) there is a group of lads that are more interested in hair, fashion, posing on social media, wondering what free boots and gear they can skive and jumping in front of cameras, instead of keeping the head down and figuring out what they represent. Also regarding the lads that have been on a few seasons and have little to no appearances and are still there, need a chat, if ye don't make consistent/ increasing appearances within 3 years, pull the pin and play for your club!!

tyroneman

Jamie Clarke, James O'Donoghue.....there you go.....next question

BennyHarp

Quote from: tyroneman on April 03, 2017, 10:41:41 PM

Eh? What are you basing this on?

tyroneman

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 03, 2017, 10:47:39 PM

If you don't think Jamie Clarke is one of the top forwards in the GAA......fair enough, I diagreee however and would love to have him in the Tyrone team. Wins his own ball, skilful, tough, accurate and smart.

If you want to talk up and coming players....how about Danny Cummins...

teaminamillion

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 03, 2017, 10:00:54 PM
Quote from: teaminamillion on April 03, 2017, 09:55:24 PM

So you want Harte out for the sake of wanting him out?

Be specific, what would you like to see changed and how?
a mental fatigue has set in with Harte been there so long. Do you not get that? Lets get rid of the depression first as brolly says and take it from there. Certainly get rid of Mickeys favourites mcrory tiernan McCann. Lets get back to kicking the ball around a bit more and play closer to the opposition goal. Its not complicated.

southtyronegael

i cant believe there are  people on here who think gettin a couple of new forwards is gonna solve everything. this county is in crisis and we need to park any talk of players and tactics for now. we need a clear out of management for a start and try to rebuild a team, our football culture and our good name.

BennyHarp

Quote from: tyroneman on April 03, 2017, 10:51:28 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on April 03, 2017, 10:47:39 PM

If you don't think Jamie Clarke is one of the top forwards in the GAA......fair enough, I diagreee however and would love to have him in the Tyrone team. Wins his own ball, skilful, tough, accurate and smart.

If you want to talk up and coming players....how about Danny Cummins...

In my view, Jamie Clark is s class player but the absolute shining example of how the modern game swallows up players of his stature. When was the last time you saw him put on a class display in an Armagh jersey in a big championship game? I think that's the point that was being made and most likely part of the reason why Jamie himself got disillusioned with the game and walked away!

southtyronegael

there is still a place for the jamie clarkes of the gaa world. they just need a manager to be more imaginitive and play a style that will suit their game. and i guarantee there is more chance of a jamie clarke winning a big game than and aiden mc crory or tiarnan mc cann.