Leinster Championship 2020

Started by thejuice, November 01, 2020, 09:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublin7

Quote from: macdanger2 on November 24, 2020, 10:58:42 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on November 24, 2020, 10:49:47 PM
What's really going to expose the Dubs spending on inter-county teams is that next year is going to be the first full year that Croke Park are going to be administering the mileage/player allowance scheme so these figures [mileage/player allowance] won't be reported as part of the inter-county spending in the various county reports financial reports.

It's going to be interesting to see Dublin GAA trying to spin their spending on inter-county teams when these mileage figures are taken out given the lack of miles Dublin players would be travelling compared to pretty much all other counties.

Will be mileage expenses still be paid for by each individual county and just administered from CP? It's an expense that disproportionately hits counties on the western seaboard

It's not the Dublin football team who have anything worry about on that score. It's club and county teams around the country with outside managers who should be worried about more  attention being paid for "expenses" this year

Angelo

Move along now, nothing to see here.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 24, 2020, 11:09:59 PM
Can we agree that the following makes no difference to a Good/Great intercounty side:

Disproportionate County Sponsorship

Disproportionate player Sponsorship

Disproportionate GAA Funding

Disproportionate underage coaching 15 years previous.

Disproportionate intimidating home fan base

Disproportionate Home games

Disproportionate Population

Disproportionate Job security

Disproportionate in how far you have to Travel to training.

Disproportionate in how far you have to Travel to games.

Having access to a centre of excellence.

Floodlight training pitches with all weather surfaces and a plethora of other ready made facilities.

The best you can buy in Chartered physios for every game and Chartered physio sessions at training

The best you can by in people to set up your Strength & Conditioning sessions

The best you can buy in advisor for proper dietary Meals after training and games

The best you can buy in Medical cover and proper sport injury consultation.

Having clubs subsidise the development of your county ground.

The best you can buy in Coaches.

The best you can buy in sports psychologists.

The best you can buy as head of performance analysis.

The best that money can buy in a cameraman - shoots match footage for analysis

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/dublin-backroom-team-picture-98181

So what are Mayo doing with all the money they are spending on one team? Dublin have two div 1 county teams
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

dublin7

Can we agree that the following makes no difference to a Good/Great intercounty side:

Floodlight training pitches with all weather surfaces and a plethora of other ready made facilities.

The best you can buy in Chartered physios for every game and Chartered physio sessions at training

The best you can buy in advisor for proper dietary Meals after training and games

I assume you feel equally as angry for sides like Leitrim, Sligo and London who have to take on Galway and Mayo every year. Galway & Mayo have all those advantages compared to them.

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on November 24, 2020, 11:15:43 PM

I assume you feel equally as angry for sides like Leitrim, Sligo and London who have to take on Galway and Mayo every year. Galway & Mayo have all those advantages compared to them.

I'm sure From The Bunker would love to see more proportionate funding that would allow counties like Leitrim and Sligo to compete better.

I'm not cribbing about the funding Tyrone get, football is a reasonably healthy position even though we're not bankrolled like Dublin are. It's counties like Fermanagh, Longford, Leitrim etc who are already screwed by the system who should be getting substantial financial aid to improve the game in their counties.

It's the Dub fans like you who are so reticent to tackling the funding issue.

Ohtoohtobe

We could argue all day about causes but the effect is a lack of interest outside Dublin in the game.
I attended all bar two or three Leinster finals in the 90s and 00s, now I don't even flick on the telly for it. I won't bother with the All Ireland semi and if the margin in that game is 15 or so, as I think it will be, for the first time in my life I won't bother with the All-Ireland final either.
I suspect I'm not alone.

Gael85

Quote from: Angelo on November 24, 2020, 11:07:35 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on November 24, 2020, 11:03:47 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 24, 2020, 10:56:17 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 24, 2020, 10:46:28 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 24, 2020, 10:43:35 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 24, 2020, 10:40:45 PM
So college is the standard required to get a job or be a county footballers

You make me laugh

Teaching is not a job for the boys. It has standardised payscales and requires a specific qualification to work as a teacher. You can argue over the merits of how much they work or don't but it's a standardised thing across the profession.

There's a big difference with that and players being give no show ambassadorial jobs with decent paychecks that allows them to function as a full time athletes. For some reason that is an uncomfortable truth.

You keep harping on about ambassadors. Name me the ten ambassadors on the Dublin team please

Ambassadorial jobs.

Rock
Cooper
McMahon
Fenton
MDMA
Scully
Small
McCarthy

Last time replying to your trolling nonsense:

Philly McMahon OWNS and runs his own gyms
MDMA is doing work with inner city communities on a daily basis. The communities he's working with are last places politicans/TDs will turn up for photo ups and cheap publicity

How did they fund that?

In MDMA's case not many teachers would have raised enough money to turn to humanitarianism in their early 30s.

I suppose a free car helps.

Philly started with gym in his club Ballymun and then ran classes in other GAA clubs  Good Counsel and Thomas Davis. MDMA lost both his parents when he was a kid who were doctors to I think long cancer and was left a large trust fund.

Angelo

Quote from: Gael85 on November 24, 2020, 11:20:16 PM

You make me laugh

Teaching is not a job for the boys. It has standardised payscales and requires a specific qualification to work as a teacher. You can argue over the merits of how much they work or don't but it's a standardised thing across the profession.

There's a big difference with that and players being give no show ambassadorial jobs with decent paychecks that allows them to function as a full time athletes. For some reason that is an uncomfortable truth.

You keep harping on about ambassadors. Name me the ten ambassadors on the Dublin team please

Ambassadorial jobs.

Rock
Cooper
McMahon
Fenton
MDMA
Scully
Small
McCarthy

MDMA is doing work with inner city communities on a daily basis. The communities he's working with are last places politicans/TDs will turn up for photo ups and cheap publicity

How did they fund that?

In MDMA's case not many teachers would have raised enough money to turn to humanitarianism in their early 30s.

Philly started with gym in his club Ballymun and then ran classes in other GAA clubs  Good Counsel and Thomas Davis. MDMA lost both his parents who were doctors to I think long cancer and was left a large trust fund.

Well then it's fair to say that MDMA is very much able to play as a full time athlete if he wishes.

Milltown Row2

Bit early in the week Angelo for the drugs....

You've been pulled up so many times but keep coming back.

What does Tyrone do with the money it gets from club Tyrone? And only having one code to look after what's it doing with all that money?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gael85

Quote from: Angelo on November 24, 2020, 11:24:27 PM

You make me laugh

Ambassadorial jobs.

Rock
Cooper
McMahon
Fenton
MDMA
Scully
Small
McCarthy

How did they fund that?

Philly started with gym in his club Ballymun and then ran classes in other GAA clubs  Good Counsel and Thomas Davis. MDMA lost both his parents who were doctors to I think long cancer and was left a large trust fund.

Well then it's fair to say that MDMA is very much able to play as a full time athlete if he wishes.

He was teaching up to 2018 until took on his new job.

dublin7

You make me laugh

Ambassadorial jobs.

Rock
Cooper
McMahon
Fenton
MDMA
Scully
Small
McCarthy

How did they fund that?

Philly started with gym in his club Ballymun and then ran classes in other GAA clubs  Good Counsel and Thomas Davis. MDMA lost both his parents when he was a kid who were doctors to I think long cancer and was left a large trust fund.

Without going into too much detail on MDMA's personal life his mother died was he was 12 and his father died in 2012 not long after Donegal win the All Ireland. I'm sure he'll be flattered to know that you consider him still a kid at 26 years of age.

Gael85

Quote from: dublin7 on November 24, 2020, 11:30:05 PM

You make me laugh

Ambassadorial jobs.

Rock
Cooper
McMahon
Fenton
MDMA
Scully
Small
McCarthy

How did they fund that?

Without going into too much detail on MDMA's personal life his mother died was he was 12 and his father died in 2012 not long after Donegal win the All Ireland. I'm sure he'll be flattered to know that you consider him still a kid at 26 years of age.

🤣🤣🤣

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 24, 2020, 11:26:56 PM
Bit early in the week Angelo for the drugs....

You've been pulled up so many times but keep coming back.

What does Tyrone do with the money it gets from club Tyrone? And only having one code to look after what's it doing with all that money?

Repaying for Garvaghey and running towards team costs.

Many counties have replicated Club Tyrone and use it as a vital fund raising activity to improving facilities and helping towards the costs of the team. This money comes from supporters and volunteers all across the county. Dublin just get the big corporations to throw big bucks at it for brand association.

Of course not every county gets a fleet of cars handed out to them and paleo meals delivered to their door along with well paid no show jobs and and all the other associated perks.

You're being very disingenuous comparing Dublin GAA with any other county. What other county is able to take a S&C coach from a professional sports team and hand him a full time gig?

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/bryan-cullen-quits-leinster-rugby-role-to-take-up-choice-dublin-gaa-role-58275

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

Milltown Row2

Is this the same Cullen that was the captain of Dublin? Would he have a vested interest in his county? What would be more enjoyable than seeing your own county improve

Did Donnelly play for Tyrone?

marty34

The issue of Dublin and money comes up regularly.

My opinion is that this is a one off talented group of players who have come along at the right time.  Problem is now that they are at the top, all they need is one or two new players to stay there, at thst high level. 

Regards the money and funding re: the footballers, the question that I have is why are their hurlers, with the same "benefits" not wining Leinster with their B team and winning 5 in a row Liam Mc Carthys?

I think it's time people stop whinging about Dublin get this and that etc. and get their own county into a bit of shape. No excuses - put the work in at club level.

I'm not a Dub btw.