Leinster Championship 2020

Started by thejuice, November 01, 2020, 09:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 24, 2020, 06:12:32 PM
Quote from: northsideboy on November 24, 2020, 04:51:33 PM
. There's not many Leitrim players who will get ambassadorial jobs like the majority of the Dublin team.

Hmm. I'd love to see you in charge of Cluxton's classes in St. David's CBS for example. Culchie bollixology.

Cluxton teacher
Small bank official
Fenton physio
Rock leisure centre job
Mccaffery doctor
Mannion Consulting Analyst

Some students there also but I'm sure some from the blue army could post up all their jobs.

Fenton does not work as a physio, he is a sales exec/rep of some sort - quick linkedin check confirms that
McCaffrey stepped away from the panel this year when he started work as a doctor
Banks are generally go to employers for a lot of players historically, it's a no/low show job generally
Don't know what Rock does

I don't want to get into digging out individual players but we know how it works for a lot of these guys, the big names get some plush show job where it's really them being put on the payroll to garner good PR from their rep or big companies obliging their links with GAA by association. It most counties you'll get 4 or 5 big names rewarded this way. For Dublin, they can get their whole panel sorted with a fairly well paid job that effectively allows them to commit to being full time athletes. Not to mention these lads don't have to be travelling back from Dublin like a lot of the Mayo players were having to.

Dublin have all the advantages and you just want to maintain that with disproportionate funding, it's odd. Are you just a converted Dublin fan?

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on November 24, 2020, 06:54:07 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 24, 2020, 06:12:32 PM
Quote from: northsideboy on November 24, 2020, 04:51:33 PM
. There's not many Leitrim players who will get ambassadorial jobs like the majority of the Dublin team.

Hmm. I'd love to see you in charge of Cluxton's classes in St. David's CBS for example. Culchie bollixology.

Cluxton teacher
Small bank official
Fenton physio
Rock leisure centre job
Mccaffery doctor
Mannion Consulting Analyst

Some students there also but I'm sure some from the blue army could post up all their jobs.

They used have player pics and bios for all the players on the Dublin GAA website. Don't know if it's still there.

For the idiots who think the dubs are all professional footballers a few more:

Fitzsimmons - physio
Cian O'Sullivan - tax consultant
McCarthy - works for AIB

MDMA - gave up a job as a primary school teacher and now works in Dublin inner city with communities and regeneration projects.

The Dublin players work hard, but do the basics right. Alot of the Dublin and Kerry players are two footed. Why do counties like Mayo produce defenders/midfielders on a consistent basis but can't find good forwards never mind forwards who can kick with both feet. That has to be a coaching issue.

Dubs have an intensity and work ethic money can't buy. They've been in some wars with Mayo/Kerry in the last decade and never lost any of them despite the hunger and desire of teams like Mayo. Compare that to Donegal who have some lovely footballers, but in the big games against Mayo and Cavan the last few years their big players (bar Michael Murphy) have wilted and disappeared when the pressure comes on

Good one.

A lot of Dublin players seem to be able to give up their jobs. You might get 4 or 5 of those in any given county who get landed into a job on the basis of their status, Dublin have a full panel of them.

Dublin have all the advantages that money does buy them in addition to everything else you try and fob off with lame excuses.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 24, 2020, 09:37:13 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on November 24, 2020, 09:35:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 24, 2020, 09:31:05 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on November 24, 2020, 09:27:54 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 24, 2020, 09:23:59 PM
I thought they played Meath there in October?

How did they get on in their other League games in Parnell Park this year?

They played Galway 10 years ago, then the Spring games were played, great nights out at headquarters. Tipp v Dublin, Dublin v Cork was one of the nights I was there.

But they have played 34 odd games out of Dublin

So did they play in Croke Park in the League this year?

Did they not play Meath?
https://www.gaa.ie/football/football-league-roinn-1/dublin-meath/1739305/

Yes, they played Meath in Parnell Park because of Covid! One game in 10 years!

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on November 24, 2020, 07:50:12 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on November 24, 2020, 07:24:30 PM
There have been no player work profiles in Programs for years.

There are many GAA players who take the piss of being eternal College Students. Many don't work or are in handy makey up jobs.

I presume there was a decision along the way to delete that section of Player Profiles as it was a bit embarrassing and threw a spanner in the Amateur ethos the GAA likes to hide behind.

Just a FYI all the bios for the Dublin players remain on the Dublin GAA website for any curious people out there. There are a few students on the team but incredibly the vast majority have real jobs and don't live the life of professional footballers

Real jobs?????????

Aye good one, can you say it with a straight face? ;D

Sponsored cars and "real jobs".

Milltown Row2

Any bigger names than mccaffery? Doctor

Teachers,

No Bank officials In Tyrone? How many doctors? We could dig all day but unless you're going to highlight an actual truth that Dub players get jobs from the county because they are Dublin players then it's a myth.

So either dig or don't
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

They played Galway 10 years ago, then the Spring games were played, great nights out at headquarters. Tipp v Dublin, Dublin v Cork was one of the nights I was there.

Did they not play Meath?

You're not answering the question.

Croke Park is Dublin's nominated home ground, that is not up for debate under any particular circumstance.

Real Madrid are playing matches at their training ground while no spectators can attend.

It's sad to see you reduce yourself to a Dublin propagandist.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 24, 2020, 09:43:17 PM

Teachers,

No Bank officials In Tyrone? How many doctors? We could dig all day but unless you're going to highlight an actual truth that Dub players get jobs from the county because they are Dublin players then it's a myth.

So either dig or don't

Is that you Donald?
#newbridgeornowhere

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 24, 2020, 09:43:17 PM

Teachers,

So either dig or don't

Tiarnan McCann is a pharmacist in Dublin.

Majority of Tyrone panel is comprised of students and teachers. We must have 10+ teachers on it

Morgan
Harte
Sludden
Bradley
McGeary
Meyler
C McCann
Rafferty

and a few others came out of Marys.

McCurry is a plumber
Rory Brennan is a software engineer
Ben McDonnell a trainee accountant
Think HP McGeary is also a plumber

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on November 24, 2020, 09:45:27 PM

Did they not play Meath?

Croke Park is Dublin's nominated home ground, that is not up for debate under any particular circumstance.

Real Madrid are playing matches at their training ground while no spectators can attend.

Yes Dublin played at Croke. Croke is in Dublin and Dublin are from Dublin

It's sad that Tyrone have all the things on my list I put up and couldn't beat Donegal who were comprehensively beaten by Cavan while down 1 player for 20 minutes!

And teachers on the Tyrone panel, handy enough for the interviews on that one, job for the boys and off during championships, even more reason to be competitive
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 24, 2020, 09:53:25 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 24, 2020, 09:45:27 PM

Did they not play Meath?

Yes Dublin played at Croke. Croke is in Dublin and Dublin are from Dublin

It's sad that Tyrone have all the things on my list I put up and couldn't beat Donegal who were comprehensively beaten by Cavan while down 1 player for 20 minutes!

And teachers on the Tyrone panel, handy enough for the interviews on that one, job for the boys and off during championships, even more reason to be competitive

As much as teachers do very little, anybody can go and do it if they want. You have to go to university and gain a specific qualification to do so.

Not everyone can get lumped into a no show ambassadorial job like the vast majority of the Dublin panel seem to do.

Tyrone, Cavan and Donegal do not enjoy the funding and additional benefits Dublin GAA players do. Dublin GAA are completely and utterly unique in this regard and you're defending it like a Dublin propagandist.

Milltown Row2

I'll ask again the majority of the Dublin team... that's about 10 out 15 are paid for by Croke Park or Dublin GAA?

Has Tyrone got the things I've listed?

Angelo

I think most of us are smart enough to know how it works with Dublin.

Talented player comes in the panel and they say they are not able to give it the required commitment due to work demands or that. If management sees them as an important part they will tell them not to worry and sort them out with a fairly well paid no/low show job. That's how it works for Dublin.

There will be a certain amount of that in other counties but there will also be loads of lads working actual jobs commuting hours to training from their real actual 9-5 jobs elsewhere. Leitrim were in a Div 4 final last year and got a bit of coverage of it. Around 17 of their panel were working and living up in Dublin.

The people who are actually trying to defend the funding imbalance here do nothing more than to insult the intelligence of every poster on this board.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on November 24, 2020, 10:09:46 PM

Talented player comes in the panel and they say they are not able to give it the required commitment due to work demands or that. If management sees them as an important part they will tell them not to worry and sort them out with a fairly well paid no/low show job. That's how it works for Dublin.

There will be a certain amount of that in other counties but there will also be loads of lads working actual jobs commuting hours to training from their real actual 9-5 jobs elsewhere. Leitrim were in a Div 4 final last year and got a bit of coverage of it. Around 17 of their panel were working and living up in Dublin.

The people who are actually trying to defend the funding imbalance here do nothing more than to insult the intelligence of every poster on this board.

You've still not highlighted one of how it works!! Let's assume people don't know. Please come out and tell us. But at the same time saying other counties do it  ;D

So one last time please, do Tyrone not have the things I mentioned on my list? And if they do, what's their reasons for being so poor this year?

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 24, 2020, 10:05:40 PM
I'll ask again the majority of the Dublin team... that's about 10 out 15 are paid for by Croke Park or Dublin GAA?

Has Tyrone got the things I've listed?

Tyrone's spend per county team is consistently well down the list.

Tyrone's funding is well down the list. Many of Tyrone's players work away from home and have genuine jobs.

The same things that apply to Tyrone there generally apply to 30 of the other 32 counties as well.

You seem to be trying to deflect away from the unique circumstances which already give Dublin serious advantages and are only further enabled by disproportionate funding from GAA HQ. Why you're doing that I don't know but the spin you're trying to put on is insulting the intelligence of posters in this board.

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 24, 2020, 10:14:31 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 24, 2020, 10:09:46 PM

You've still not highlighted one of how it works!! Let's assume people don't know. Please come out and tell us. But at the same time saying other counties do it  ;D

So one last time please, do Tyrone not have the things I mentioned on my list? And if they do, what's their reasons for being so poor this year?

Not to the same degree, it's miles apart. Dublin GAA are in a position to enable their squad to be full time athletes, no other county is in this position.

And as much as you want to spin and bullshit your way around this fact, you can't.