Leinster Championship 2020

Started by thejuice, November 01, 2020, 09:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

I don't think I'll bother watching the second half or next season for that matter. What's the f**king point. No one is going to get even close to Dublin, not Donegal or Mayo.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Mayo Border

Last year dubs supporters (not meath) were leaving hill 16 in droves with 20 minutes to go. I wonder what they are doing this year

BennyCake

In all seriousness, Dublin will easily win the next 4 or 5 All Ireland's.

By that time, everyone else won't even be taking county football in any way serious.

The Leinster championship has been dead for years. The AI will be the same.

balladmaker

Dublin are the greatest team in GAA history and getting better year after year ...  Dublin v Donegal semi has makings of a classic ... unless Cavan have a say tomorrow, can't see it.

GAA have created a monster in this Dublin setup.

mup

Quote from: BennyCake on November 21, 2020, 07:47:46 PM

By that time, everyone else won't even be taking county football in any way serious.

And you know what? I'm delighted. Genuinely hope the Gaa are on their knees in 10 years financially wise.

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on November 21, 2020, 07:33:51 PM
Are you guys watching the same game , Dublin are incredible , there has never been a team like it , it's a joy to watch .they get better and better every year

They are the best money can buy.  The great thing is I dont care and I actually love watching them hammer teams. 

JoG2

Quote from: sid waddell on November 21, 2020, 07:40:42 PM
In truth McEntee isn't a top coach or near it, he's Banty level

He's done alright in a limited way with Meath in that he got them into Division 1 but this tonight is the brutal, brutal truth

The teams are playing different sports

Meath should have nabbed Malachy O'Rourke last year when they had the chance

I wonder would they go for Mickey Harte

Maybe Jim Gavin fancies a challenge

Div 1 and Leinster Final, a good coach. . They could bring in McGuinness, O'Rourke, Gavin and Harte and would still take a tanking

BennyCake

Quote from: mup on November 21, 2020, 07:50:09 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 21, 2020, 07:47:46 PM

And you know what? I'm delighted. Genuinely hope the Gaa are on their knees in 10 years financially wise.

Can you explain your thinking on that?

Gael85

Quote from: dublin7 on November 21, 2020, 07:45:05 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on November 21, 2020, 07:39:25 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 21, 2020, 07:32:44 PM
It will be so easily 6 in a row.

Dublin could win 20 in a row.

I was wondering earlier what sort of odds a bookie would be giving on Fenton not losing a championship game before he retires.

I'd say the major risks against him managing it are either Dublin being split or kicked out of the championship.

The way Fenton and Kilkenny are playing they make everything look easy. Only disappointing thing is King Con isn't quite match sharp. He's won a few kick ours well, but missed a few chances he'd normally take

Con is playing a deeper role.  Agree not as clinical on the scoreboard.  McDaid is having a great game.

tonto1888

This may not be the year Dublin get beat

Mayo Border

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 21, 2020, 07:50:18 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on November 21, 2020, 07:33:51 PM
Are you guys watching the same game , Dublin are incredible , there has never been a team like it , it's a joy to watch .they get better and better every year

They are the best money can buy.  The great thing is I dont care and I actually love watching them hammer teams.
Good crack all right. I'm looking forward to the post match interviews.  Johnny Cooper is usually good

Captain Obvious

Quote from: thejuice on November 21, 2020, 07:47:35 PM
I don't think I'll bother watching the second half or next season for that matter. What's the f**king point. No one is going to get even close to Dublin, not Donegal or Mayo.

Donegal and Mayo will give a better account of themselves. Not sure what Meaths gameplan was in this game and collectively drop the heads too soon.

sid waddell

Quote from: JoG2 on November 21, 2020, 07:51:22 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on November 21, 2020, 07:40:42 PM
In truth McEntee isn't a top coach or near it, he's Banty level

He's done alright in a limited way with Meath in that he got them into Division 1 but this tonight is the brutal, brutal truth

The teams are playing different sports

Meath should have nabbed Malachy O'Rourke last year when they had the chance

I wonder would they go for Mickey Harte

Maybe Jim Gavin fancies a challenge

Div 1 and Leinster Final, a good coach. . They could bring in McGuinness, O'Rourke, Gavin and Harte and would still take a tanking
They'd lose alright but they might be competitive

The coach makes a massive difference

See Waterford hurlers today compared to Waterford 2019

See Donegal 2020 compared to Donegal 2017

Or Donegal 2012 compared to Donegal 2010

Blowitupref

Meath with their first score since the 8th minute. 2-13 to 0-3.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

What a joke

The All Ireland will be similar
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU