Leinster Championship 2020

Started by thejuice, November 01, 2020, 09:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gael85

Quote from: Hound on November 15, 2020, 04:40:47 PM
Dubs upped a gear in second half. Or to be fair, from 30 min mark when Kilkenny took charge of the game.

Kilkenny is going well.

Blowitupref

Another routine Leinster championship win for Dublin 2-23 to 0-7.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

From the Bunker

Well done Laois, its not easy score 7 points in 75 odd minutes against Dublin. You'd have think Dublin are favourites after that win. They really are unbeatable at home.

It's great having a strong Dublin in the GAA.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 15, 2020, 05:10:32 PM
Well done Laois, its not easy score 7 points in 75 odd minutes against Dublin. You'd have think Dublin are favourites after that win. They really are unbeatable at home.

Can't understand why it wasn't played in Newbridge.

Camera work and picture was awful today.
#newbridgeornowhere

dublin7

Brian Fenton and Ciaran Kilkenny outstanding again. They put on an exhibition in the 2nd half. Laois goalie made some great saves but gave the ball away several times running out with the ball

From the Bunker

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 15, 2020, 05:15:00 PM

Can't understand why it wasn't played in Newbridge.

Camera work and picture was awful today.

It's only fair that the Champions get extra playing time in the Championship on their home ground? Besides teams love playing Dublin in Croker and it means more if you beat them there.

thejuice

Well if there's ever a year we can turn them over it'll be this one given how crazy it's been. Crazier things have happened but we'll have to be firing on all cylinders from the throw in if we're to have a sniff of a victory. Last year we struggled to find goals and now we're banging them in but struggling to get the points.

I think the lack of a crowd takes the pressure off a bit especially for the young lads. Could be a factor next week.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Rossfan

12 goals in 2 successive Championship matches must be a record in football.
They'll need a fair few the next day!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Hill is Blue

In fairness this is a championship like no other. At the moment I think that any one of Donegal, Mayo, Cork, Meath or Dublin could take the Sam Maguire.

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on November 15, 2020, 06:54:46 PM
In fairness this is a championship like no other. At the moment I think that any one of Donegal, Mayo, Cork, Meath or Dublin could take the Sam Maguire.

or Tipperary, or Cavan. Or maybe Mayo squad get covid which could see Galway back in. It's such a toss up. The suspense and excitement is overwhelming.

Dublin were well below their best today and could easily have been caught by Laois!

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 15, 2020, 07:01:59 PM

or Tipperary, or Cavan. Or maybe Mayo squad get covid which could see Galway back in. It's such a toss up. The suspense and excitement is overwhelming.

Dublin were well below their best today and could easily have been caught by Laois!

You've a strange (unhealthy?) obsession with Dublin. Wouldn't you think that you'd be contributing to the Connacht thread at the moment after Mayo's impressive win today.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

seafoid

One of the things about pro US sport is that the regulators ensure competitions are competitive.  It's a pity football isn't. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Gael85

I wouldn't bother feeding that troll.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: seafoid on November 15, 2020, 07:55:52 PM

One of the things about pro US sport is that the regulators ensure competitions are competitive.  It's a pity football isn't.

Is that your excuse for Galway's performance today?

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on November 15, 2020, 08:52:28 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 15, 2020, 07:55:52 PM

Is that your excuse for Galway's performance today?

Galway lost by a point today, in what is usually a competitive fixture. When either team lose their is an annoyance at a referee decision. a mistake by one or more of our players or a controversial decision.

The Dublin issue is above all that. All the cards are stacked in their favour.  By heavily loading Dublin GAA with advantages the GAA have destroyed the Leinster Championship for nearly 2 Decades and we are now heading for a decade of ruin in the AI Championship.