Rory McIlroy

Started by Oraisteach, February 26, 2012, 06:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennistheMenace

Valhalla will suit him even more this week the way he is driving, i'll be putting money on him again for 3 in a row.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kidder81 on August 04, 2014, 04:17:09 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on August 04, 2014, 02:54:56 PM
Our Rory back to number 1. He could possibly go on to be the greatest ever golfer.  :)

Still trying to convince yourself and us that you give a shit about golf and Rory McIlroy ?

It must be hurting you a lot recently, grow up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Puckoon

Quote from: Orior on August 04, 2014, 03:35:17 PM
Our Rory back to number 1. He could possibly go on to be the greatest ever golfer.  :)

I hope so. Adam Scott seems to be going the wrong direction, Sergio always bottles it, Bubba is a clown, and Rickie Fowler has yet to mature. Who else is there?

It still makes me proud remembering the time I sat in traffic at the Balmoral roundabout in Belfast and realised he was the BMW next to me, with Holly in the passenger seat. I rolled down the window and shouted "is that you?" and he replied "yes!"

The problem with all of the golfers above is that they all fight against one thing which ruins it for them.

Scott - not a great putter, and with Jan 1 2016 looming on the horizon he is going to have to find something else that works for him. His ball striking is phenomenal and when Rory was struggling, Adam Scott was the best driver of the ball on tour

Sergio - was never a great putter but as he showed this weekend he has turned a corner. Has all the physical attributes, just can't get over the line (Mayo)

Bubba - amazing talent, plays the game with zero fear, but a tight tree lined course will cause him problems if he isn't on form

Ricky - I think Ricky will get it done sooner rather than later. Second at both opens, 4th or 5th at the masters

The other one I think Rory needs to watch out for is Jordan Spieth, but for the mean time if he keeps his head right he will be #1 for a while.

gawa316

Quote from: Puckoon on August 04, 2014, 05:24:26 PM
Quote from: Orior on August 04, 2014, 03:35:17 PM

I hope so. Adam Scott seems to be going the wrong direction, Sergio always bottles it, Bubba is a clown, and Rickie Fowler has yet to mature. Who else is there?

It still makes me proud remembering the time I sat in traffic at the Balmoral roundabout in Belfast and realised he was the BMW next to me, with Holly in the passenger seat. I rolled down the window and shouted "is that you?" and he replied "yes!"

The problem with all of the golfers above is that they all fight against one thing which ruins it for them.

Scott - not a great putter, and with Jan 1 2016 looming on the horizon he is going to have to find something else that works for him. His ball striking is phenomenal and when Rory was struggling, Adam Scott was the best driver of the ball on tour

Sergio - was never a great putter but as he showed this weekend he has turned a corner. Has all the physical attributes, just can't get over the line (Mayo)

Bubba - amazing talent, plays the game with zero fear, but a tight tree lined course will cause him problems if he isn't on form

Ricky - I think Ricky will get it done sooner rather than later. Second at both opens, 4th or 5th at the masters

The other one I think Rory needs to watch out for is Jordan Spieth, but for the mean time if he keeps his head right he will be #1 for a while.

What about Day? Maybe Simpson, Snedeker, Bradley?

Puckoon

Day will grab a major I think - but this weird thumb thing isn't helping right now and for all his high finishes in the majors I thought he would have had one by now.

Neither of the others have what it takes to be number 1, I don't think. Snedeker, maybe... A lot of folks pump Keegan Bradley up too, but I think there are too many players ahead of him.

glens abu

Strange watching it last night had a couple of quid at 25/1 on Sergio,but what a display by McIlroy he is on fire and must have a great chance next week.

heganboy

Quote from: Puckoon on August 04, 2014, 06:03:58 PM
Day will grab a major I think - but this weird thumb thing isn't helping right now and for all his high finishes in the majors I thought he would have had one by now.

Neither of the others have what it takes to be number 1, I don't think. Snedeker, maybe... A lot of folks pump Keegan Bradley up too, but I think there are too many players ahead of him.

Jason Day is a phenomenal golfer, has all the attributes, but not firing on all cylinders at the minute. Wouldn't fancy him this weekend
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Gabriel_Hurl

I'll be going for Rickie this weekend.

Should have laid on Rory yesterday. 15/8 was a bit short for me

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Orior

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on August 07, 2014, 10:54:04 AM
I saw this one while watching the match, he couldn't do worse

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201408/model-captured-tv-trying-get-rory-mcilroys-attention-internet-sensation

I saw that as well, and had noticed she kept playing with her hair - a sure sign.

Anyway, well done to the camera man - up of this sort of thing!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on August 07, 2014, 11:10:43 AM
Quote from: DrinkingHarp on August 07, 2014, 10:54:04 AM
I saw this one while watching the match, he couldn't do worse

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201408/model-captured-tv-trying-get-rory-mcilroys-attention-internet-sensation

I saw that as well, and had noticed she kept playing with her hair - a sure sign.

Anyway, well done to the camera man - up of this sort of thing!

She was rotten, I'm sure Rory didn't bat an eye at thon
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

beer baron

There's girls like this out there and then women wonder why men have no respect for them ;D

muppet

Quote from: beer baron on August 07, 2014, 01:08:38 PM
There's girls like this out there and then women wonder why men have no respect for them ;D

Where? I have played golf and I have never had this happen to me.
MWWSI 2017

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: muppet on August 07, 2014, 05:51:39 PM
Quote from: beer baron on August 07, 2014, 01:08:38 PM

Where? I have played golf and I have never had this happen to me.

That's because I was only with you the once!  If you had me a few other times they would have been thronging round us!!!

Archie Mitchell