Boycey

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 04, 2014, 08:40:33 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on August 04, 2014, 12:35:40 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on August 04, 2014, 12:08:50 AM

How'd it finish score wise lads?

Rory -15
Sergio - 13
A Rory win or a Sergio loss?

Rory birdied the first 3 holes to pass Sergio and had him demoralised and never really looked like losing it after that. The guys on Sky last night several times described it as the best driving performance they'd ever seen over a tournament. Rory was putting it easily 30-40 yards past Sergio last night and Sergios no slouch.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Boycey on August 04, 2014, 09:03:23 AM

Rory -15
Sergio - 13

Rory birdied the first 3 holes to pass Sergio and had him demoralised and never really looked like losing it after that. The guys on Sky last night several times described it as the best driving performance they'd ever seen over a tournament. Rory was putting it easily 30-40 yards past Sergio last night and Sergios no slouch.
Would be interested to see what sales of Nike clubs will be over the next year or so. Might be a good deal after all if he continues on like this.

Orior

Quote from: Oraisteach on August 04, 2014, 01:13:49 AM
Up the RA, Hard?  Never pegged you as an apologist for the Royal and Ancient.  What's your handicap?

Before the final round David Feherty asked Rory what was his target.

Rory says he need to shoot about a 63.

Feherty congratulates Rory for having the highest expectations of any ulsterman.

Silence from Rory.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Applesisapples

Quote from: Orior on August 04, 2014, 09:14:25 AM
Quote from: Oraisteach on August 04, 2014, 01:13:49 AM
Up the RA, Hard?  Never pegged you as an apologist for the Royal and Ancient.  What's your handicap?

Before the final round David Feherty asked Rory what was his target.

Rory says he need to shoot about a 63.

Feherty congratulates Rory for having the highest expectations of any ulsterman.

Silence from Rory.
And...?

Orior

Puckoon

Rory -15
Sergio - 13

I think it has to go down as a Rory win on the basis of the first five holes! That was juggernaut stuff and it put Sergio on the ropes. That being said Sergio was one of only a few guys in the top 20 to play the course over par after the rain.

EC Unique

Our Rory back to number 1. He could possibly go on to be the greatest ever golfer.  :)

Orior

Quote from: EC Unique on August 04, 2014, 02:54:56 PM
Our Rory back to number 1. He could possibly go on to be the greatest ever golfer.  :)

I hope so. Adam Scott seems to be going the wrong direction, Sergio always bottles it, Bubba is a clown, and Rickie Fowler has yet to mature. Who else is there?

It still makes me proud remembering the time I sat in traffic at the Balmoral roundabout in Belfast and realised he was the BMW next to me, with Holly in the passenger seat. I rolled down the window and shouted "is that you?" and he replied "yes!"

DennistheMenace

Quote from: Orior on August 04, 2014, 03:35:17 PM

I hope so. Adam Scott seems to be going the wrong direction, Sergio always bottles it, Bubba is a clown, and Rickie Fowler has yet to mature. Who else is there?

It still makes me proud remembering the time I sat in traffic at the Balmoral roundabout in Belfast and realised he was the BMW next to me, with Holly in the passenger seat. I rolled down the window and shouted "is that you?" and he replied "yes!"

I think it's more a case of Rory going forwards rather than Scott going the wrong direction. AS hasn't missed a cut this year, has been in contention in most of the big ones, hasn't finished outside the top 10 in his last 5 events with a record of 8th, 5th, 9th, 4th, 1st.

Kidder81

Still trying to convince yourself and us that you give a shit about golf and Rory McIlroy ?

J OGorman

whether you like the chap or not (some choose to hate him and have never laid eyes on him, which I find pretty mad), he is the worlds no 1 at golf. The very best at the minute on the planet at what he does. That is some achievement altogether. Fair play to him

heganboy

6-1 for the PGA?
thats pretty strong from Paddy Power, but as a mate of mine said this am "would you lay him?"
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

EC Unique

Quote from: Kidder81 on August 04, 2014, 04:17:09 PM

Still trying to convince yourself and us that you give a shit about golf and Rory McIlroy ?

What makes you think I don't?

beer baron

Quote from: heganboy on August 04, 2014, 04:42:33 PM
6-1 for the PGA?
thats pretty strong from Paddy Power, but as a mate of mine said this am "would you lay him?"

Is that in shop? Friend of mine asked me to put 50 e/w on for him as he's on holidays and best i could see anywhere was 5/1?

heganboy

paddypower.com about the same on bet fair and betdaq
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity