Rory McIlroy

Started by Oraisteach, February 26, 2012, 06:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CiKe

Quote from: whitegoodman on March 15, 2012, 01:34:52 PM
He is -3 after 4 at the transitions championship............he must read this
10 under for the round...not bad going that

5 Sams

I'm running the risk of committing sacrilege here I know....but..he may be the best golfer in the world at the minute...he has done amazing stuff for Europe in the Ryder cup etc...but he has been under the spotlight big time over the last few days and I can't help but come to the conclusion that he's a bit of a tool. His mate Gee Mac isnt much better and maybe worse...

Anyone else find them to be annoying, spoilt, rich, mid atlantic speaking arseholes???
The Aristocrat Years

ziggysego

Bar the accent, he doesn't bother me.
Testing Accessibility

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 02, 2012, 12:43:50 AM
I'm running the risk of committing sacrilege here I know....but..he may be the best golfer in the world at the minute...he has done amazing stuff for Europe in the Ryder cup etc...but he has been under the spotlight big time over the last few days and I can't help but come to the conclusion that he's a bit of a tool. His mate Gee Mac isnt much better and maybe worse...

Anyone else find them to be annoying, spoilt, rich, mid atlantic speaking arseholes???

Yup, I do. Mind you I feel the same about every cnut in the premier league.
Careful now

Armaghgeddon

I find their fake sounding accents amusing.

Puckoon

Not really. He's a youngster excelling and he's keeping his feet on the ground much better than many young stars in other disciplines.

I actually prefer Gmac to be honest but it's not because I dislike Rory. What has Gmac done to incur the wrath?

Declan

I was thinking 5 Sams was a bot harsh alright and then I saw the time of his posting ;)
QuoteReply #91 on: Today at 12:43:50 AM

Saffrongael

I know a couple of guys that went up to the Pro-Am on the Wednesday of the Irish Open and were getting stuff signed by various players around the course, they said McIlroy and Clarke wouldn't give any of them the time of day and refused to sign anything, GMac was the total opposite, couldn't do enough for the fans.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

quit yo jibbajabba

this debate is redundant until a flag is mentioned

nrico2006

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 02, 2012, 09:40:25 AM
this debate is redundant until a flag is mentioned

Was just thinking that.

McIlroy seems a bit of a tool at times but I do think he carries himself well most of the time considering how young he is and the pressure on him.  I wouldn't have a bad word to say about McDowell, seems very likeable.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

trileacman

All I know is that I can think of at least 20 local GAA "stars" who have achieved alot less than these fella's and yet still carry themselves around like their dog's bollocks. See the splinter in your own eye.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

rosnarun

Quote from: trileacman on October 02, 2012, 11:33:43 AM
All I know is that I can think of at least 20 local GAA "stars" who have achieved alot less than these fella's and yet still carry themselves around like their dog's bollocks. See the splinter in your own eye.
who are you talking about  or is it just a general anti GAA rant
name and shame
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

T Fearon

Rory Mc Ilroy's maternal uncle was a prominent Armagh GAA star in the early 80s.Regarding flags etc in this neck of the woods,if you're a sports star you do what you have to do to suit th occasion (didn't Rangers fan Darren Clarke wrap himself in an Irish Tricolour at the end of the Ryder Cup at K Club in 2006?).

Orior

A good measure is this (and if you are old enough). How would you feel if Rory was your son?

I think he is quite simply the best ambassador that Irish golf has ever had. We will see whether he can reach the heights of Jack Nicholas.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ballinaman

Quote from: T Fearon on October 02, 2012, 12:12:57 PM
Rory Mc Ilroy's maternal uncle was a prominent Armagh GAA star in the early 80s.Regarding flags etc in this neck of the woods,if you're a sports star you do what you have to do to suit th occasion (didn't Rangers fan Darren Clarke wrap himself in an Irish Tricolour at the end of the Ryder Cup at K Club in 2006?).
Under the orange section.....