Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: 5times5times on July 14, 2020, 12:14:56 PM
Have many traveled to usual summer hot spots? Spain / Canaries / Portugal?  Hell of a lot cheaper than touring around Ireland atm!!

Flights look cheap as chips to all around Europe Sept/Oct time!

Some people have been taking advantage

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/14/video-of-drunken-brits-maskless-in-magaluf-appals-spaniards

tyrone girl

Have many traveled to usual summer hot spots? Spain / Canaries / Portugal?  Hell of a lot cheaper than touring around Ireland atm!!

We got three return flights to portugal mid september for £145!!! In saying that Portugal isnt on this airbridge but we will wait until near the time and see.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tyrone girl on July 15, 2020, 05:19:58 PM

We got three return flights to portugal mid september for £145!!! In saying that Portugal isnt on this airbridge but we will wait until near the time and see.

Portugal's have pockets of cases in the Lisbon area which have skewed the actual facts. They've only 1,600 deaths a better rate than Spain. I'd expect if they are still doing air bridging August that should be ok
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Can anyone clear up thePaula Bradshaw thing. I am away myself in 3 weeks time and it came as complete surprise to me that she was breaking the regulations-was she? Also I cant seem to find anything on NI Executive website.

Rois

Guidance is not to go on any non-essential travel. Guidance only, not regulation.
Paula Bradshaw wasn't breaking a law, but was not following guidance from the Executive of which her party leader is a member.
It is your choice.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Rois on July 21, 2020, 08:28:48 AM
Guidance is not to go on any non-essential travel. Guidance only, not regulation.
Paula Bradshaw wasn't breaking a law, but was not following guidance from the Executive of which her party leader is a member.
It is your choice.

Thanks. That is what I read last night on Twitter, but it does seem a bit like sitting on fence from executive and I could not find that specific guidance anywhere, very grey and vague for travellers.

Rois

Steve Aiken from UUP was on radio this morn talking about it and was just as vague. Wanted to slag off Michelle O'Neill more than give his view on travel.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 21, 2020, 08:23:25 AM
Can anyone clear up thePaula Bradshaw thing. I am away myself in 3 weeks time and it came as complete surprise to me that she was breaking the regulations-was she? Also I cant seem to find anything on NI Executive website.

Coronavirus (COVID-19): travel advice
You should not travel abroad unless it's essential. If you plan to travel in the weeks and months ahead, keep up-to-date with the latest advice for the country you plan travelling to. There is guidance for Northern Ireland residents who are either travelling overseas or returning to NI from abroad.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on July 21, 2020, 09:27:48 AM

You should not travel abroad unless it's essential. If you plan to travel in the weeks and months ahead, keep up-to-date with the latest advice for the country you plan travelling to. There is guidance for Northern Ireland residents who are either travelling overseas or returning to NI from abroad.

Can you insert link please

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 21, 2020, 09:52:55 AM

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-advice

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on July 21, 2020, 11:12:37 AM

Thanks. Seems a very odd approach. Genuinely also came as complete surprise to me yesterday. I have holiday booked from last year. I was prepared to forego it but once the quarantine was lifted I thought it was all good to go, especially as that is how it was portrayed in media. If a sitting politician was confused im sure there are many many more out there like myself. Today Arlene says we can go, Michelle says we shouldnt.

Hard to keep up at this stage. I also could not find that link anywhere yesterday(inclusive of part on essential travel). Admittedly I may have missed it somehow.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 21, 2020, 11:49:55 AM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on July 21, 2020, 11:12:37 AM

Thanks. Seems a very odd approach. Genuinely also came as complete surprise to me yesterday. I have holiday booked from last year. I was prepared to forego it but once the quarantine was lifted I thought it was all good to go, especially as that is how it was portrayed in media. If a sitting politician was confused im sure there are many many more out there like myself. Today Arlene says we can go, Michelle says we shouldnt.

Hard to keep up at this stage. I also could not find that link anywhere yesterday(inclusive of part on essential travel). Admittedly I may have missed it somehow.

Hand washing, so the state can not face any action if you travel and anything happens you....they have publicly advised you not to.

Smokin Joe

More to the point, surely you'll have no holiday insurance to cover you if the official advice is not to travel unless it's essential?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Smokin Joe on July 21, 2020, 12:11:18 PM
More to the point, surely you'll have no holiday insurance to cover you if the official advice is not to travel unless it's essential?

Also correct

HiMucker

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 21, 2020, 12:15:19 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on July 21, 2020, 12:11:18 PM

Also correct
Its not exactly clear. Politicians coming out with one thing but official government advice below saying another.

Exempt countries and territories list
Countries and territories exempt from advice against 'all but essential' international travel:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-countries-and-territories-exempt-from-advice-against-all-but-essential-international-travel#exempt-countries-and-territories-list

Europe
Austria
Andorra
Belgium
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France (overseas territories of France are listed separately, where included in the exemption)
Germany
Gibraltar
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Monaco
The Netherlands (not including the constituent countries and special municipalities located in the Dutch Caribbean)
Norway
Poland
Portugal (only The Azores and Madeira)
San Marino
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Switzerland
Turkey