The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser soze

Whelan and O'Se and Cavanagh are on TSG because they played the game at the highest level and were some of the greatest performers of all time [well, except Whelan  ;)  ]

Valerie Mulcahy has not done so and does not therefore have the same entitlement to comment authoritatively.

trailer

Quote from: Keyser soze on June 11, 2019, 10:12:05 AM
Whelan and O'Se and Cavanagh are on TSG because they played the game at the highest level and were some of the greatest performers of all time [well, except Whelan  ;)  ]

Valerie Mulcahy has not done so and does not therefore have the same entitlement to comment authoritatively.

She has 10 All Irelands and 6 All Stars. But yeah, she hasn't played at the top level.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: trailer on June 11, 2019, 10:15:34 AM

She has 10 All Irelands and 6 All Stars. But yeah, she hasn't played at the top level.
Not in the sport she is analysing though.

MoChara

Aye and Jose Mourinho knows f**k all about Soccer ball because he never played at an elite level

Keyser soze

Quote from: MoChara on June 11, 2019, 12:51:34 PM

Aye and Jose Mourinho knows f**k all about Soccer ball because he never played at an elite level

Sure Mourinho has never been on TSG!!

quit yo jibbajabba

Jesus theres enough miseravle heures on TSG without bringin yer man on as well

trailer

Racism, Sectarianism, Chauvenism. They're familiar bedfellows. It must always be challenged and called out.

Some people here should think about that.

Keyser soze

Quote from: trailer on June 11, 2019, 01:23:32 PM
Racism, Sectarianism, Chauvenism. They're familiar bedfellows. It must always be challenged and called out.

Some people here should think about that.

+1

And may I add bad spelling to that list!!

Itchy

Some of ye must not have daughters because if you did you would surely be glad to see a sports woman centre stage having an opinion and inspiring other young girls to play sport and to speak up.

Halfquarter

Quote from: Itchy on June 11, 2019, 01:42:26 PM
Some of ye must not have daughters because if you did you would surely be glad to see a sports woman centre stage having an opinion and inspiring other young girls to play sport and to speak up.

I remember the coverage of the golf in the Irish Open a few years ago, it was anchored by a well known RTÉ lady ( who shall remain nameless) , a car crash of the highest order, still can't get it out of my mind. There would have been thousands of club golfers around the country who could have done a competent job.
And yes, I do have a daughter.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Halfquarter on June 11, 2019, 01:55:43 PM

I remember the coverage of the golf in the Irish Open a few years ago, it was anchored by a well known RTÉ lady ( who shall remain nameless) , a car crash of the highest order, still can't get it out of my mind. There would have been thousands of club golfers around the country who could have done a competent job.

Was this because she was a woman or just nervous on the job?

BennyCake

Next thing people will be outraged about the lack of women managers of men's county teams. A bit like the lack of black managers in English soccer  ::)

Blowitupref

I thought Valerie Mulcahy did alright and its good to see new faces/voices on the Sunday game. Joe Brolly,Pat Spillane are well past their sell by date at this stage and can arguably be said their style of punditry was never suited to Gaelic football.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 11, 2019, 02:34:49 PM
I thought Valerie Mulcahy did alright and its good to see new faces/voices on the Sunday game. Joe Brolly,Pat Spillane are well past their sell by date at this stage and can arguably be said their style of punditry was never suited to Gaelic football.

Thought she was very poor but it might have just been the nerves. Deserves another shot.

Halfquarter

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on June 11, 2019, 01:58:21 PM
Quote from: Halfquarter on June 11, 2019, 01:55:43 PM

Was this because she was a woman or just nervous on the job?

None of the above, she just hadn't a clue about golf.