County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix.

Liam Cahill gone from Waterford. Can only imagine taking up the Tipperary job. Derek McGrath or Davy Fitz for the Waterford job possibly.

didlyi

Quote from: Helix. on July 15, 2022, 02:18:36 PM
Liam Cahill gone from Waterford. Can only imagine taking up the Tipperary job. Derek McGrath or Davy Fitz for the Waterford job possibly.

Davy or Dell. Cant decide which would be worse for Waterford.

johnnycool

Quote from: didlyi on July 15, 2022, 02:31:33 PM

Davy or Dell. Cant decide which would be worse for Waterford.

both over-analyse IMO, a bit like Cork, too restricted to a certain, rigid gameplan when everyone else is working to live in the chaos of a game.

Donal O'g dip his toes into intercounty management??

Gael85

Cahill fell out with the Bennetts. Was also talk of been over trained prior to championship.

Itchy

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 12, 2022, 04:25:23 PM
Quote from: trailer on July 12, 2022, 10:46:47 AM
I like this Andy McEntee Antrim appointment. A bit of a coup for Antrim and sends out a serious message. Finally they seem to be getting their act together.

Any more of coup for Antrim than Enda McGinley was meant to be when appointed?

I'm a bit bemused by the positivity around this appointment. Don't see it working.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: highorlow on July 13, 2022, 12:45:51 PM
Maughan gone from Offaly

Quote from: J70 on July 13, 2022, 04:25:02 PM
Rochford is apparently leaving

To manage Mayo? ;D.

Crossmolina dream team with Peadar Gardiner and Ciaran Mac. :P
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

thejuice

Quote from: Itchy on July 15, 2022, 04:46:49 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 12, 2022, 04:25:23 PM
Quote from: trailer on July 12, 2022, 10:46:47 AM
I like this Andy McEntee Antrim appointment. A bit of a coup for Antrim and sends out a serious message. Finally they seem to be getting their act together.

Any more of coup for Antrim than Enda McGinley was meant to be when appointed?

I'm a bit bemused by the positivity around this appointment. Don't see it working.

It's hard to say. I think Andy is certainly a good manager and it'll be interesting for us to see how he gets on in another county and province. The only surprise is he was emphatic about walking away from county management in any interview he had since leaving the Meath job for family and work. However I know he was doing a few things for BBCNI and I guess someone approached him then.

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Rossfan

Shane Roche Wexford football manager stepping down.
Still no word or whispers  from our camp re Anthony C's situation.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Declan Bonner has stepped down as Donegal manager.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

trailer

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 20, 2022, 03:00:56 PM

He never really got them over the line. Lost most of the big games they played. Fermanagh next?

God14

Malachy O'Rourke bound to be tempted at that role. Donegal have the talent if they can just harness it.
Murphy will depart under the next managers tenure but i thought there were some really excellent forwards in their U20 side earlier this year.
Im convinced had they got past Tyrone they would have won the U20 All Ireland

Serious potential for Donegal if they get this appointment right.

Blowitupref

Quote from: God14 on July 20, 2022, 03:35:40 PM

Malachy O'Rourke bound to be tempted at that role. Donegal have the talent if they can just harness it.
Murphy will depart under the next managers tenure but i thought there were some really excellent forwards in their U20 side earlier this year.
Im convinced had they got past Tyrone they would have won the U20 All Ireland

Serious potential for Donegal if they get this appointment right.

Keelan  Dunleavey and Bobby McGettigan was the stand out forwards for Donegal U20s will be interesting to see can they make the step to senior.  Malachy O'Rourke would look like a good fit for Donegal if he makes himself available.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

From the Bunker

Looked to be going places in the beginning. But got more and more scared of throwing off the shackles as his tenure proceeded.
Fear of losing got the better of him in the end.

Turf

Some rumours about that Brian Cody might be calling it a day.

J70

As expected. It was time for a change in direction as we were drifting badly.

Declan will go down as a Donegal legend though. Owes the county nothing.

Next appointment will be interesting, and vital. No idea who.