Brisbane, Australia

Started by lfdown2, January 05, 2010, 12:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lfdown2

Lads & Lassies, moving out to Brisbane mid February, was wondering are any of the Oz posters out that direction, trying to get work and accomodation sorted before I head out, have sent the CV to a few recruitement agencies out there but there seems to be no interest. Any of ye backpacked out that direction and maintained any contacts you could pass on or even info of how you got work when out there, any help greatly appreciated,

Cheers, 

thebigfella

Quote from: lfdown2 on January 05, 2010, 12:56:02 PM
Lads & Lassies, moving out to Brisbane mid February, was wondering are any of the Oz posters out that direction, trying to get work and accomodation sorted before I head out, have sent the CV to a few recruitement agencies out there but there seems to be no interest. Any of ye backpacked out that direction and maintained any contacts you could pass on or even info of how you got work when out there, any help greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

What do you work at?

lfdown2

Im a Quantity Surveyor/Contracts Administrator, though to be honest i would take anything until I get myself sorted

illdecide

Quote from: lfdown2 on January 05, 2010, 02:07:27 PM
Im a Quantity Surveyor/Contracts Administrator, though to be honest i would take anything until I get myself sorted

you may have to sell your ass for a while till you get sorted...

On a serious note i think there is a few Ozy guys on the board who could help you out...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lfdown2

Quote from: illdecide on January 05, 2010, 02:49:48 PM
Quote from: lfdown2 on January 05, 2010, 02:07:27 PM

you may have to sell your ass for a while till you get sorted...

On a serious note i think there is a few Ozy guys on the board who could help you out...

aye that was the thinking...the ausie lads not the selling my ass bit!

boojangles

Have you set on Brisbane?? I know a few lads over in Perth who reckon of all the big cities over there, its the one holding up best. Few lads came back and said the same. They would all work in Construction too.

lfdown2

Quote from: boojangles on January 05, 2010, 03:09:16 PM
Have you set on Brisbane?? I know a few lads over in Perth who reckon of all the big cities over there, its the one holding up best. Few lads came back and said the same. They would all work in Construction too.

heard that myself, but the woman is doing a post grad in Brisbane so cant change!

stiffler

Dunno much about the work situation, but the best nightlife is around the valley, or the Down Under bar.

theres a celtic supporters club there so you will be grand!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

charlie stubbs

private mail jim stynes..he could writea book

lfdown2

cookstownblue

Quote from: lfdown2 on January 06, 2010, 09:19:13 AM
cheers lads!

Get Barney Rock to give you Joe Middleton's number, he'll sorted you out- a good man from your own club!