Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tres Bien

That u20 team should be winning an AI with that oustanding minor team from last year progressing through, the two minor sides the year before had some very good forwards like young Canavan and Fullerton from Carrickmore that should both be u20 next year.

Does anyone know what the story is with Mark Devlin of Moortown? I saw him play for the minors two years back and he was head and shoulders Tyrone's best player but hasn't played u20 the past two years. A real classy heavy scoring no 11. Has he been injured?

Under Lights

Quote from: Tres Bien on September 29, 2021, 05:30:28 PM
That u20 team should be winning an AI with that oustanding minor team from last year progressing through, the two minor sides the year before had some very good forwards like young Canavan and Fullerton from Carrickmore that should both be u20 next year.

Does anyone know what the story is with Mark Devlin of Moortown? I saw him play for the minors two years back and he was head and shoulders Tyrone's best player but hasn't played u20 the past two years. A real classy heavy scoring no 11. Has he been injured?

Hi Mark welcome to the forum.

RedHand88

Quote from: Ty4Sam on September 29, 2021, 03:02:46 PM
How many fake Sam Maguire cups is there running about Tyrone at the minute? Must 4/5 of them at this stage. Lol

Is there a real one at all or are they all fake? Did HQ ever release it? I saw there was one in Belfast the other day.

Under Lights

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 30, 2021, 10:54:10 AM
How many fake Sam Maguire cups is there running about Tyrone at the minute? Must 4/5 of them at this stage. Lol

Is there a real one at all or are they all fake? Did HQ ever release it? I saw there was one in Belfast the other day.

Real one isn't released until 18th of October.
All fake running about at the moment, wrapped in tinfoil IIRC

Ancharraig123

Quote from: Tres Bien on September 29, 2021, 05:30:28 PM

Last I heard he doesn't play for Moortown anymore and has taken up golf

Tyrone11234

He got a scholarship in America for it- couldn't blame him for taking a once in a lifetime opportunity

Jim Bob

If you want to know how wild Mugsy is/was.....ask Mugsy

StPatsAbu

Quote from: Under Lights on September 30, 2021, 10:55:10 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on September 30, 2021, 10:54:10 AM

Real one isn't released until 18th of October.
All fake running about at the moment, wrapped in tinfoil IIRC

All made in Powerscreen

Goals_Will_Come

Allstar nominees: Niall Morgan, Paudie Hampsey, Peter Harte, Michael McKernan, Ronan McNamee, Kieran McGeary, Conor Meyler, Frank Burns, Brian Kennedy, Conn Kilpatrick, Mattie Donnelly, Conor McKenna, Niall Sludden Darren McCurry + Cathal McShane

Footballer of the Year Shortlist: Lee Keegan, Conor Meyler, Kieran McGeary
Young Footballer Of The Year Shortlist: Matthew Tierney, Oisin Mullen, Darragh Canavan.

nrico2006

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on October 08, 2021, 09:31:13 AM
Allstar nominees: Niall Morgan, Paudie Hampsey, Peter Harte, Michael McKernan, Ronan McNamee, Kieran McGeary, Conor Meyler, Frank Burns, Brian Kennedy, Conn Kilpatrick, Mattie Donnelly, Conor McKenna, Niall Sludden Darren McCurry + Cathal McShane

Young Footballer Of The Year Shortlist: Matthew Tierney, Oisin Mullen, Darragh Canavan.

How did Canavan get nominated for young player?  Madness.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bigtogs

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 08, 2021, 09:51:15 AM

Son of God!!

clarshack

he hasn't played enough minutes to win it, so you would imagine Oisin Mullen will get it.

Tres Bien

Quote from: clarshack on October 08, 2021, 10:13:59 AM

he hasn't played enough minutes to win it, so you would imagine Oisin Mullen will get it.

Mullin missed the semi final and had a poor final, got badly caught out for the McShane goal.

Two of Mayo's games in Connacht were turkey shoots against Div 4 Sligo and Leitrim. He had a pretty poor year, an excellent player though.

Canavan had three fleeting appearances.

Tierney probably the most deserving winner, hit 1-03 against Roscommon to put them in the Connacht final. May have been the MOTM.

As I said on the other thread, the YFOTY award is outdated, very few players are playing senior intercounty football under the age of 21 now and certainly very few are having any sort of meaningful impact.

Generally players are not at the physical level required until their early 20s. When was the last 19/20 year old we had burst on the scene having a meaningful impact? Was it McCurry back in 2012?

clarshack

Quote from: Tres Bien on October 08, 2021, 10:21:24 AM
Quote from: clarshack on October 08, 2021, 10:13:59 AM

Mullin missed the semi final and had a poor final, got badly caught out for the McShane goal.

Two of Mayo's games in Connacht were turkey shoots against Div 4 Sligo and Leitrim. He had a pretty poor year, an excellent player though.

Canavan had three fleeting appearances.

Tierney probably the most deserving winner, hit 1-03 against Roscommon to put them in the Connacht final. May have been the MOTM.

As I said on the other thread, the YFOTY award is outdated, very few players are playing senior intercounty football under the age of 21 now and certainly very few are having any sort of meaningful impact.

Generally players are not at the physical level required until their early 20s. When was the last 19/20 year old we had burst on the scene having a meaningful impact? Was it McCurry back in 2012?

You are correct about Mullen this year but with McGeary expected to win footballer of the year they aren't going to give Tyrone the 2 awards, and they aren't going to give young player to a losing provincial finalist, so they will pacify Mayo with the young player award I feel.

An Watcher

From reading the paper this morn I was surprised to see that Packie McConnell never won an All Star not to mention never even been nominated for one.  Crazy considering the save that basically won them the All ireland in 08.