Royal Ascot 2010 - Betting advice

Started by GAA_Punter, June 16, 2010, 01:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAA_Punter

Declan Rix "The DR" day two Royal Ascot preview
2.30 Ascot – Jersey Stakes
Not a bad renewal of the Jersey Stakes with solid English, Irish and French Guineas form on offer. The brilliant Canford Cliffs indicated that the Irish Guineas form may prove best ahead of the English and French equivalents. This would have to give the Irish raider, Free Judgement, a stand out chance. He is currently vying for favouritism with the Godolphin horse but I feel he may be slightly flattered by the run. They went a hell of a gallop at the Curragh that day and he just seemed to stay on past beaten horses. Today's drop to seven furlongs won't be ideal either and he may be vulnerable to a speedier type. His three lbs Group penalty won't aid his cause either. However, his speed rating gives him a chance and he seems to be improving but I think the winner will come elsewhere. Shakespearean was very impressive when beating an average field giving them six lbs. That was a very nice introductory run but he too may be flattered by the bare result. Frankie had the run of the race that day and the second horse never settled so the form may be suspect. He too has a three lbs penalty to carry. There won't be much between Red Jazz, Field of Dream and Rodrigo De Torres on their Newmarket run but I feel Red Jazz may turn the stables today. With all that being said though, my selection will be Meezaan. John Gosden's inmate ran a blinder in the French Guineas to finish fifth behind Lope De Vega and Dick Turpin. That form has since been well boosted and he must have strong claims. He was turned over at short odds in a small field two runs back but the ground was deemed too quick that day. He is quite a heavy topped horse so rapidly drying conditions at Ascot would be a concern. His form is rock solid though so hopefully the ground doesn't get too quick. ........
http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/2010/06/16/declan-rix-the-dr-day-two-royal-ascot-preview/

Best Bets For Day Two of Royal Ascot
The opening day of the Royal meeting at Ascot promised much, and it certainly delivered. Unfortunately the second day fails to match it in terms of overall quality, but there are still enough talking points and betting opportunities to make it obligatory viewing and very good racing.

3.50 Prince of Wales Stakes (Group One)
Wednesday's feature race is the Prince of Wales Stakes over a mile and a quarter. Considering that in the past ten years this race has gone to such superstars as Duke of Marmalade, Manduro, Ouija Board, Dubai Millennium and Fantastic light it must be said that this renewal is sub standard. While the lack of a superstar makes it less of a spectacle, it does mean that the race is more open and of increased interest from a betting point of view, which may help offset the disappointment.............
http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/2010/06/16/best-bets-for-day-two-of-royal-ascot/

drici