Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on September 01, 2011, 09:24:27 AM
If Clonoe beat Carmen I doubt if many knowledgable gaels would regard it as a shock - Clonoe going really well! It'll be tight!
Fancy Dromore for the championship this year though. Possibly Dromore v Omagh final.

Yip, Dromore i'd say are favourites alright, very sharp and very cute
First on the field and last to leave

Wee Roddy

NO everyone is missing my point. I was not being disrespect of Clonoe or any team, or annoyed with EC either. My point was concerning Radda's statement about the club championship being of a low standard and that football had slipped. I was making the point that Carmen beat the all conquering Errigal team on a number of occasions and in fact were favourites for the 2000 final which Errigal won, and beat Errigal in 2001. In many people in our parts eyes, the current team has more ability so that would mean that we cant be slipping and we havent won one since 2005. Work that out???

aChairde

Gonna have a lash at predicting a few results - based on my previous form I certainly wouldnt put money on it though!

Derryloughen/Eglish - Derryloughen as eglish have nothing really to play for and too important for dloughen
Dromore/Donaghmore - Dromore comfortably to keep a good role going
EC/Clonoe - Possibility of being a great game in an otherwise dull league weekend. EC hurting and dangerous and clonoe will be determined to keep winning, clonoe by 3.G'Castle/Ardboe - Repeat of cship and im guessing on a repeat of the result.
KClogher/Moortown - Same as the top fixture with Moortown having most to play for. Fancy the st malachys to win this one.
Moy/Carrickmore - Moy need the points desperately but Carrickmore are in a winning way that they wont want to end. Unfortunate for Moy the way the fixtures have went. Carmen by quite a bit.
Omagh/Coalisland - Total damp squib, both teams would be foolish to show anything before their next big meeting, fancy Omagh to put more emhasis on it so them to win the battle but not necessarily the war.
Trillick/Cookstown - Both these teams could be doing with the 2 points for different reasons. Still fancy Trillick to secure the points with a narrow win.

Ill wait to after sat and have a go at Cship games if I dont embarrass myself completely with these.

ExcellentDriver

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on September 01, 2011, 09:24:27 AM
If Clonoe beat Carmen I doubt if many knowledgable gaels would regard it as a shock - Clonoe going really well! It'll be tight!
Fancy Dromore for the championship this year though. Possibly Dromore v Omagh final.

They've got a virtual bye to the Semis now that the game against us is set to be played at Healy Park under Floodlights. No doubt a few Brown Envelopes being sent to the Tyrone Board, I guess.

btw, Is it true that the Tyrone Champions meet the Derry Champions in the Ulster Club 1st Round? Hoping, more now than ever, that Ballinderry win the Derry Championship if Dromore beat us in the QFs.
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

gethimaf

Quote from: aChairde on September 01, 2011, 11:48:37 AM
Gonna have a lash at predicting a few results - based on my previous form I certainly wouldnt put money on it though!

Derryloughen/Eglish - Derryloughen as eglish have nothing really to play for and too important for dloughen
EC/Clonoe - Possibility of being a great game in an otherwise dull league weekend. EC hurting and dangerous and clonoe will be determined to keep winning, clonoe by 3.G'Castle/Ardboe - Repeat of cship and im guessing on a repeat of the result.
KClogher/Moortown - Same as the top fixture with Moortown having most to play for. Fancy the st malachys to win this one.
Moy/Carrickmore - Moy need the points desperately but Carrickmore are in a winning way that they wont want to end. Unfortunate for Moy the way the fixtures have went. Carmen by quite a bit.
Omagh/Coalisland - Total damp squib, both teams would be foolish to show anything before their next big meeting, fancy Omagh to put more emhasis on it so them to win the battle but not necessarily the war.
Trillick/Cookstown - Both these teams could be doing with the 2 points for different reasons. Still fancy Trillick to secure the points with a narrow win.

Ill wait to after sat and have a go at Cship games if I dont embarrass myself completely with these.

Dont think the game is going ahead

gethimaf

They've got a virtual bye to the Semis now that the game against us is set to be played at Healy Park under Floodlights. No doubt a few Brown Envelopes being sent to the Tyrone Board, I guess.

btw, Is it true that the Tyrone Champions meet the Derry Champions in the Ulster Club 1st Round? Hoping, more now than ever, that Ballinderry win the Derry Championship if Dromore beat us in the QFs.
[/quote]

Yeah certainly a favourable venue. Always favour the west in these decisions. Ardboe i suspect would be rubbing their hands at this tie if the venue was dungannon or coalisland. Now there faced with the flight to omagh. Suppose the county board wants money for omagh with the half time draw, your man over omagh needs his money

EC Unique

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 01, 2011, 10:24:40 AM
NO everyone is missing my point. I was not being disrespect of Clonoe or any team, or annoyed with EC either. My point was concerning Radda's statement about the club championship being of a low standard and that football had slipped. I was making the point that Carmen beat the all conquering Errigal team on a number of occasions and in fact were favourites for the 2000 final which Errigal won, and beat Errigal in 2001. In many people in our parts eyes, the current team has more ability so that would mean that we cant be slipping and we havent won one since 2005. Work that out???

I guess when I think of 10 years ago I was thinking about us winning the Ulster Championship in 2002 (I know it was 9 years ago but same era) That was a great team and in my opinion would win the Tyrone Championship of today.

For the record I fancy Omagh to win this year.

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: gethimaf on September 01, 2011, 07:08:01 PM

Yeah certainly a favourable venue. Always favour the west in these decisions. Ardboe i suspect would be rubbing their hands at this tie if the venue was dungannon or coalisland. Now there(sic) faced with the flight to omagh. Suppose the county board wants money for omagh with the half time draw, your man over omagh needs his money
[/quote]
Might even blame jet lag for a defeat ;D

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on September 01, 2011, 07:30:50 PM

Yeah certainly a favourable venue. Always favour the west in these decisions. Ardboe i suspect would be rubbing their hands at this tie if the venue was dungannon or coalisland. Now there(sic) faced with the flight to omagh. Suppose the county board wants money for omagh with the half time draw, your man over omagh needs his money

Can't say I'm unhappy with the Omagh venue for Carmen v Clonoe, was dreading Edendork. A hateful venue IMHO (no offence), but the 'East' get their fair share. Coalisland, Dungannon, Dunmoyle, Galbally and Pomeroy all getting double headers this year.
Talk of brown envelopes is just silly. Certainly certain members of the CB do their best to lobby for their own backyard. Carmen v Errigal being played in Pomeroy being an example. There's only so many cars Pomeroy can handle, Omagh's always been the logical choice.

Looking ahead to the quarters... Although I fancied Killyclogher to account for the Fianna, Coalisland didn't resemble anything of the depleted side from the league. I think we'll find out what Omagh are made of now. Dromore weren't overly impressive against Moy and were cleaned out in midfield. Still think they'll take Ardboe and fancy Carmen to have enough for Clonoe. Kevin Barrys for the semis.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

winghalfback

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on September 01, 2011, 07:30:50 PM

Might even blame jet lag for a defeat ;D
[/quote]

Since when has dunmoyle been in east tyrone ??? IMO the west gets everything the east is neglected maybe us in the east should start our own county

winghalfback

above post should not have been linked with the attached comments but what i said i stand by.

ziggysego

Power NI Tyrone Reserves Championship: Round 1 - Greencastle 0-10 Ardboe 0-08 FT
Testing Accessibility

Pharoch Phantom

Quote from: gethimaf on September 01, 2011, 06:52:02 PM

Fancy st malachy's to beat killyclogher? The result has already been sorted. I wonder will it be played at all. The loughshore clubs have some 'interesting' history when it comes to results against killyclogher.

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: Pharoch Phantom on September 03, 2011, 08:59:11 AM
Quote from: gethimaf on September 01, 2011, 06:52:02 PM

Fancy st malachy's to beat killyclogher? The result has already been sorted. I wonder will it be played at all. The loughshore clubs have some 'interesting' history when it comes to results against killyclogher.
Very good- I wonder would you be referring to the virtual game Killyclogher won a few years back ;D

Archie Mitchell

Some match last night then!

DATE: FRIDAY 2ND SEP 2011
Division 1   6   5 30 PM   Omagh   Omagh St Enda's   0-0    v   Coalisland Fianna   0-0

Also noticed this:

DATE: TUESDAY 30TH AUG 2011
Division 1   15   7 15 PM   Donaghmore GAA   Domhnach Mór Naoimh Pádraig   0-0    v   Omagh St Enda's   CONC

Is there not something about not fielding in 2 consecutive games?