The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Boycey on May 31, 2018, 07:52:51 PM
It's getting to stage where it needs to be #youryear soon

Getting to a stage?  Well past that effing stage  ;D

Minus15

Liverpool need a player to play up front in Firmino's position. There is no adequate cover there. I would like to see Werner who could play from the left also.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Minus15 on May 31, 2018, 10:15:47 PM
Liverpool need a player to play up front in Firmino's position. There is no adequate cover there. I would like to see Werner who could play from the left also.

Would this Fekir be an option as a false 9 if bought?

TabClear

Would love to see Werner signed as I really rate him but at the figures being talked about he would be an expensive backup.

I see Villa are looking £40m for jack grealish.  ::) If that's true Can is saving Juve some money!

Medic

Anyone here heard of the Everton new chant Allez Allez Allez... it's genius to the max!!!  :P :P
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

Minus15

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on May 31, 2018, 10:23:22 PM

From what I have read about him, I didn't think he would be that type but only going by what I have read.

Quote from: TabClear on May 31, 2018, 10:25:50 PM

Would love to see Werner signed as I really rate him but at the figures being talked about he would be an expensive backup.

I see Villa are looking £40m for jack grealish.  ::) If that's true Can is saving Juve some money!

Werner's versatility would mean he is much more than a backup. The likes of Ings, Solanke, Sturridge, Origi can't play wide. Werner could and give good options.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on May 31, 2018, 10:23:22 PM

From the little i have seen of Fekir, he looks like a bit of a Coutinho/Ox hybrid.
He has a bit of trickery and can pick a pass, but also has a bit of power and directness
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tony Baloney

Karius concussed during CL. Final to be replayed at end of June. 

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 04, 2018, 08:04:14 PM
Karius concussed during CL. Final to be replayed at end of June.
Decent excuse to get a few off his back. Best that Liverpool play that replayed final without Karius!

J70

Bit alarming that it was missed by the club and match officials at the time.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on June 04, 2018, 10:49:08 PM
Bit alarming that it was missed by the club and match officials at the time.

I hope this is a wind up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

dec

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44363648

Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius sustained a concussion during last month's Champions League final defeat by Real Madrid, doctors have said. Karius, 24, was at fault for the Spanish side's first and third goals in their 3-1 victory in Kiev on 26 May. The German had tests at hospitals in Boston in the United States, and medics said the impact of the concussion was "likely" to have been felt immediately. Dr Ross Zafonte said it was "possible" the injury "would affect performance".
He came to his conclusion after reviewing "game film", a "physical examination" and "objective metrics".

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/04/concussion-loris-karius-liverpool-goalkeeper-champions-league-final-massachusetts

Loris Karius's calamitous performance in the Champions League final could have been a result of concussion he sustained against Real Madrid, a doctor who assessed the Liverpool goalkeeper in Boston has said.

Liverpool sent Karius for a head scan at Massachusetts General Hospital last Thursday amid concern at his reaction to a collision with Real's captain, Sergio Ramos. The 24‑year‑old made two major errors that contributed to Real's 3-1 victory. The first presented Karim Benzema with the opening goal and came soon after he received a blow to the head from Ramos as they challenged at the near post. Later Karius allowed Gareth Bale to put the contest beyond Liverpool with a long-range shot that squirmed through his hands.
The German flew to the US on holiday after the final but Liverpool's medical department was sufficiently concerned about the impact of Ramos's challenge that it arranged a scan in Boston. Karius had a consultation with Dr Ross Zafonte, an authority on head-trauma injuries suffered by NFL players and the chief of physical medicine and rehabilitation at Massachusetts General.
A statement released on Monday by the hospital on Dr Zafonte's behalf and with the player's permission confirmed that Karius had been concussed.

It read: "On May 31, 2018 Mr Karius underwent a comprehensive examination by Dr Ross Zafonte and Dr Lenore Herget in Boston at Massachusetts General Hospital and Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital. After carefully reviewing game film and integrating a detailed history – including his reported present and immediate post-contact subjective symptoms – physical examination and objective metrics, we have concluded that Mr Karius sustained a concussion during the match 26 May 2018.

"At the time of our evaluation Mr Karius's principal residual symptoms and objective signs suggested that visual spatial dysfunction existed and likely occurred immediately following the event. Additional symptomatic and objectively noted areas of dysfunction also persisted. It could be possible that such deficits would affect performance.

"We also note that Mr Karius has reported significant and steady improvement since the concussive event, and we expect him to make a full recovery based on the results of the examination. We expect that with treatment and by following prescribed activity protocols he will continue to improve. We have encouraged vigilance and an emphasis on safety in his eventual return to full activity."

thewobbler

The 4th best team in England, who haven't won a cup in years, just got beaten by the most successful club in Europe.

Only one team can win a final. When it happens against you, man up.

Let it go lads.

AZOffaly

Quote from: thewobbler on June 04, 2018, 11:11:20 PM
The 4th best team in England, who haven't won a cup in years, just got beaten by the most successful club in Europe.

Let it go lads.

Who's not letting it go? This is just PR by Karius to at least make people feel a bit sorry for him.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 04, 2018, 11:12:32 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on June 04, 2018, 11:11:20 PM
The 4th best team in England, who haven’t won a cup in years, just got beaten by the most successful club in Europe.

Let it go lads.

Who’s not letting it go? This is just PR by Karius to at least make people feel a bit sorry for him.

A requirement it seems as his agent seeks a new club with a decent deal.