The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 31, 2018, 11:51:34 AM
Any chance lallana will go as well, and one of teh centre backs? matip, lovren or Klavan?

I'd completely forgot about Matip! I think if another is signed one of Matip/Lovren will go. Klavan will probably stay as backup. Llallana is an interesting one. He was outstanding two years ago but barely featured this year  because of injury so its hard to know. I would keep him as i think he does offer something different. He is probably the most creative player and  closest to Couthino still at the club so could potentially do a job as a number 10. Whether its as a starter or as a squad player is debatable. From memory even when Couthino was there it was rare the "Fab Four" all started.

manfromdelmonte

#klopp4madrid

it should be trending

brokencrossbar1

quit yo jibbajabba

Once he hears about all their Community Awards he'll walk there  ;D ;D

Mayo4Sam

I wouldn't see why Clyne would go. He was a mainstay in the team the season before this and you'd have to think that one of Robertson or TAA will struggle in their second season. Gomez was meant to be an England regular up until his injury and he's just forgotten about too.
I'd be very surprised if Clyne went
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on May 31, 2018, 02:55:55 PM
I wouldn't see why Clyne would go. He was a mainstay in the team the season before this and you'd have to think that one of Robertson or TAA will struggle in their second season. Gomez was meant to be an England regular up until his injury and he's just forgotten about too.

Fabinho can cover right back as well.

that would leave 4 right back options in the squad

TAA
Clyne
Gomez
Fabinho
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Hound

Haven't checked out the accuracy of this, but I hear Fabinho was a penalty taker for Monaco. We could do with a decent one of those, especially if Milner will be seeing less action next season.

laoislad

Quote from: Hound on May 31, 2018, 03:18:58 PM
Haven't checked out the accuracy of this, but I hear Fabinho was a penalty taker for Monaco. We could do with a decent one of those, especially if Milner will be seeing less action next season.
15 from 15 according to talksport the other morning.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

TabClear

Keeperwatch just got more convoluted

Liverpool need a new keeper and been linked to Allison all year
Zidane quits as Madrid manager
Chelsea rumoured to be likely to need a new manager next season
Chelsea end contract negotiations with Courtois and now rumoured to be in the mix for Allison who Zidane is apparently a fan off

Courtois likely to be sold. He will likely go to Madrid so would that free up Kaylor Navas? Chelsea would not sell him to a rival would they?

Edit: The Zidane to Chelsea thing is just me!

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on May 31, 2018, 03:32:27 PM
Quote from: Hound on May 31, 2018, 03:18:58 PM
15 from 15 according to talksport the other morning.

Too bad we don't get penalties then!

gawa316

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 31, 2018, 03:05:36 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on May 31, 2018, 02:55:55 PM

Fabinho can cover right back as well.

that would leave 4 right back options in the squad

TAA
Clyne
Gomez
Fabinho

It's 4 options but it's not like they are all sitting in line waiting to play there. Other than Clyne they can all play multiple positions. I would be keeping hold of Clyne

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: TabClear on May 31, 2018, 11:18:45 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 31, 2018, 10:25:07 AM
Quote from: TabClear on May 31, 2018, 10:09:40 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on May 31, 2018, 08:52:01 AM
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/liverpool-make-bid-for-lyons-nabil-fekir-161914

Looks like things are moving fairly quickly all round

If that happens that will be £100m spent before the transfer window even opens and at least £40m-£50m probably to be spent on a keeper as well. Assuming a new centre back is also required you will be at £200m very quickly. I just hope Klopp is  spending Barcelona's Couthinho money and not Real Madrid's Salah deposit!

with the likes of Ings, sturridge & clyne all likely to leave there will be a wee bit of cash to come back in as well I suppose

True, but how much would you get from the above? £15m each for Ings/Sturridge, possibly £10m for Clyne and teh same for 2 of the three keepers? I would say £50m-£60m for the lot would be a decent return even in todays market. You might get a bit more (i'm thinking if Ibe went for £15m...) but the problem is that other teams know Liverpool want to sell.

I can't actuall see Sturridge being sold. The problem is he's on a whacking good contract and will find few who will match it. I reckon he'll see out his contract on loans unless something miraculous happens. Clyne won't be going anywhere as Fabinho will not play any at right back and Gomez will be gradually phased into CB. Won't be any CB purchases either. Still reckon that there will be £50-60m in as you'll also get money for Origi and the sale of other lesser squad players like Markovic etc will bring in a few million here and there. With the money that's already there plus sales there's still a pot of £150-200m there I'd say so plenty to work with.

laoislad

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 31, 2018, 07:13:54 PM
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/liverpool-make-bid-for-lyons-nabil-fekir-161914

If that happens that will be £100m spent before the transfer window even opens and at least £40m-£50m probably to be spent on a keeper as well. Assuming a new centre back is also required you will be at £200m very quickly. I just hope Klopp is  spending Barcelona's Couthinho money and not Real Madrid's Salah deposit!

with the likes of Ings, sturridge & clyne all likely to leave there will be a wee bit of cash to come back in as well I suppose

True, but how much would you get from the above? £15m each for Ings/Sturridge, possibly £10m for Clyne and teh same for 2 of the three keepers? I would say £50m-£60m for the lot would be a decent return even in todays market. You might get a bit more (i'm thinking if Ibe went for £15m...) but the problem is that other teams know Liverpool want to sell.

I can't actuall see Sturridge being sold. The problem is he's on a whacking good contract and will find few who will match it. I reckon he'll see out his contract on loans unless something miraculous happens. Clyne won't be going anywhere as Fabinho will not play any at right back and Gomez will be gradually phased into CB. Won't be any CB purchases either. Still reckon that there will be £50-60m in as you'll also get money for Origi and the sale of other lesser squad players like Markovic etc will bring in a few million here and there. With the money that's already there plus sales there's still a pot of £150-200m there I'd say so plenty to work with.
#ouryear
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on May 31, 2018, 07:24:15 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 31, 2018, 07:13:54 PM

#ouryear

Obviously

Boycey

It's getting to stage where it needs to be #youryear soon