The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiempo

Rory Beggan would be a serious upgrade.

J70

Quote from: Ambrose on May 29, 2018, 11:09:35 PM
We give Roma whatever they want for Allison anything else and we are just kidding ourselves.
We also need to learn some in game management, maybe Keita will bring some of that with him but we are just too nice as things stand.
Bales goal was worthy of winning any game, but we gifted them another two. That's another one we left behind us.

Progress is winning trophies, anything else is just bullshit and excuses. Is Klopp wearing the emperors new clothes?

You should consider looking up the word "progress" in the dictionary.

supersub

Quote from: Ambrose on May 29, 2018, 11:09:35 PM
We give Roma whatever they want for Allison anything else and we are just kidding ourselves.
We also need to learn some in game management, maybe Keita will bring some of that with him but we are just too nice as things stand.
Bales goal was worthy of winning any game, but we gifted them another two. That's another one we left behind us.

Progress is winning trophies, anything else is just bullshit and excuses. Is Klopp wearing the emperors new clothes?

Considering Liverpool had only finished in the top 4 once in the previous 6 seasons before last season, thus a distinct lack of CL football, to get to the final in their first season 'back' is progress in anyones book. Sustaining a top 4 presence and consistent appearances in the CL is progress, with the same having been achieved this season. Progress after this would be finishing higher/winning the league and or a cup or two, no doubt. But in terms of 'progress' Klopp has more than made just that in his time.

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

TabClear

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on May 31, 2018, 08:52:01 AM
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/liverpool-make-bid-for-lyons-nabil-fekir-161914

Looks like things are moving fairly quickly all round

If that happens that will be £100m spent before the transfer window even opens and at least £40m-£50m probably to be spent on a keeper as well. Assuming a new centre back is also required you will be at £200m very quickly. I just hope Klopp is  spending Barcelona's Couthinho money and not Real Madrid's Salah deposit!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: TabClear on May 31, 2018, 10:09:40 AM
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/liverpool-make-bid-for-lyons-nabil-fekir-161914

If that happens that will be £100m spent before the transfer window even opens and at least £40m-£50m probably to be spent on a keeper as well. Assuming a new centre back is also required you will be at £200m very quickly. I just hope Klopp is  spending Barcelona's Couthinho money and not Real Madrid's Salah deposit!

with the likes of Ings, sturridge & clyne all likely to leave there will be a wee bit of cash to come back in as well I suppose
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Anyone else miss the days when the best we could hope for in the transfer window was the likes of Joe Cole and Christian Poulsen...
No me neither!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

rory

If (and hopefully when) we sign a decent keeper would you sell Mignolet or Karius (or both)?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: rory on May 31, 2018, 10:44:14 AM
If (and hopefully when) we sign a decent keeper would you sell Mignolet or Karius (or both)?

Mignolet and Danny ward. Karius is still a decent keeper. He just made tragic errors. There's a good young lad too called Grabarra. He can be Wards replacement.

TabClear

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 31, 2018, 10:25:07 AM

with the likes of Ings, sturridge & clyne all likely to leave there will be a wee bit of cash to come back in as well I suppose

True, but how much would you get from the above? £15m each for Ings/Sturridge, possibly £10m for Clyne and teh same for 2 of the three keepers? I would say £50m-£60m for the lot would be a decent return even in todays market. You might get a bit more (i'm thinking if Ibe went for £15m...) but the problem is that other teams know Liverpool want to sell.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: TabClear on May 31, 2018, 11:18:45 AM

True, but how much would you get from the above? £15m each for Ings/Sturridge, possibly £10m for Clyne and teh same for 2 of the three keepers? I would say £50m-£60m for the lot would be a decent return even in todays market. You might get a bit more (i'm thinking if Ibe went for £15m...) but the problem is that other teams know Liverpool want to sell.

Yeah, you probably aren't far away with that, but just saying you could easily pull in 50-60m in players out.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

TabClear

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 31, 2018, 11:30:13 AM
Quote from: TabClear on May 31, 2018, 11:18:45 AM

Yeah, you probably aren't far away with that, but just saying you could easily pull in 50-60m in players out.

Yeah you are right that it is a decent amount to offset. I'm just slightly concerned as to whether FSG would sanction potentially over £300m of transfer spend in a year (plus the loss of a £30m midfielder in Can for free) on the back of a £145m sale and what they get from the players you mention. This is how I got to the £300m so I am making some assumptions here. We are still being linked with the likes of Lemar/Werner as well which would be another £70m plus (however I dont see either of these happening if we sign Fekir and keep Salah)

VVD £75m
Keita £50m
Fabinho £40m
Fekir £60m
Keeper £50m
Centre BAck £40m

I hope I am wrong and FSG are investing the Champions League run money and next years guaranteed group stage cash but I am just slightly nervous on this. 

blewuporstuffed

Any chance lallana will go as well, and one of teh centre backs? matip, lovren or Klavan?

quit yo jibbajabba

Zidane resigns as Real manager. Quit at the top eh?!

In other news everton are still looking a new manager. Coincidence? Methinks not...