Poppy Watch

Started by Orior, November 04, 2010, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Snapchap on November 16, 2020, 12:12:00 PM
It was a Benetti Suits pin. You'll never see Cavanagh on TV without one. He's a brand ambassador, as is Tomás Ó'Sé. O'Rourke possibly is too.

Like I said earlier I had similar pin. Some quare looks up the Falls!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jim_Murphy_74

And so it starts for this year: 

M&S not selling Poppies yet: https://twitter.com/bmay/status/1448942930413096967

/Jim.

sensethetone

Was in Ballymena, saw one(1).

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sensethetone on November 02, 2021, 09:18:30 AM
Was in Ballymena, saw one(1).

I'm working in Ballymena haven't seen one, was expecting heaps

Was in Manchester last week and seen one
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

There has to be a poppy mask. If not why not.

toby47

Seen loads over the weekend. Belfast, Hillsborough, Lisburn. I suppose that's no shock given the locations.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 02, 2021, 10:20:04 AM
There has to be a poppy mask. If not why not.

I'm sure that shop on the Shankill has them up and running!

Rudi

Wear St Patrick's Day Badges or a bit of shamrock on yer geansai's. That will show them, feckin Prods ;D

All joking aside, if a united Ireland does happen, how in the name of Jaysus will our Gardai put manners on youse feral hoors. The Gardai policing a parade on the 12th in & around Belfast. There will be some blue flu then, unless they decide to go all Lansdowne Road 1995 on it.

Rossfan

Seems there will be no Police in the UI going by comments on the other thread  ::)
The 12th parades in Leitrim, Cavan and Monaghan should be interesting!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

bogball88

Few in work today-including one lad who had a brooch style one on that was the size of a tea saucer-thought it was only females who went for the brooch design

Itchy

Quote from: Rudi on November 02, 2021, 11:59:33 AM
Wear St Patrick's Day Badges or a bit of shamrock on yer geansai's. That will show them, feckin Prods ;D

All joking aside, if a united Ireland does happen, how in the name of Jaysus will our Gardai put manners on youse feral hoors. The Gardai policing a parade on the 12th in & around Belfast. There will be some blue flu then, unless they decide to go all Lansdowne Road 1995 on it.

Wouldnt such a deal mean the PSNI would just become Gardai and police away as normal? The southern Gardai would be staying well clear thats for sure, sure they wouldn't even tackle a couple of travelers bare knuckle boxing.

Rudi

Quote from: Itchy on November 02, 2021, 01:38:51 PM

Wouldnt such a deal mean the PSNI would just become Gardai and police away as normal? The southern Gardai would be staying well clear thats for sure, sure they wouldn't even tackle a couple of travelers bare knuckle boxing.

Yes, pity all the same, would be some culture shock for a sheltered gascun from Mayo.

tiempo

Quote from: bogball88 on November 02, 2021, 12:37:06 PM
Few in work today-including one lad who had a brooch style one on that was the size of a tea saucer-thought it was only females who went for the brooch design

Think the Shemales are big on the brooch now
Wouldn't be my cup of cha but each to their own, bigotry aside

tiempo

Quote from: Rudi on November 02, 2021, 01:47:37 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 02, 2021, 01:38:51 PM

Yes, pity all the same, would be some culture shock for a sheltered gascun from Mayo.

We cleared that one up years ago, Free State = demilitrised zone for quislings

Armagh18

Quote from: tiempo on November 02, 2021, 03:25:17 PM
Quote from: bogball88 on November 02, 2021, 12:37:06 PM

Think the Shemales are big on the brooch now
Wouldn't be my cup of cha but each to their own, bigotry aside

As much as I don't like Arlene, posts like that are helping no one.