The Minister, the Commissioner and the whistleblower

Started by Hardy, February 20, 2014, 03:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avondhu star

Quote from: ashman on February 16, 2017, 10:15:01 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on February 16, 2017, 09:51:09 PM
Have to say I find this whole thing awful strange - why is there such a lack of political interest in this? It's not like anyone in particular is benefitting from this? So why the reluctance to listen to the whistle blowers and treat them correctly?

Kenny is obviously going to go soon but without having an answer to the question above, it's hard to see how it will change a whole lot

The fair  administration of Justice is utterly fundamental to any democracy .  The full truth must be found and wrongdoing punished .

Why bother having a tribunal at all when all that needs to be done is ask the many posters on social media what was going on. Dont worry about little concerns such as evidence and facts
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

vallankumous

Quote from: Avondhu star on February 17, 2017, 10:29:57 AM

Why bother having a tribunal at all when all that needs to be done is ask the many posters on social media what was going on. Dont worry about little concerns such as evidence and facts

Not merely is it not a topic worth discussing it seems it's a discussion that needs to be shut down.

foxcommander

Quote from: macdanger2 on February 17, 2017, 09:54:18 AM
I wouldn't have much time for Wallace & Daly but they've been very good sticking with this. Fact is though it was getting nowhere until prime time reported on it which is a poor reflection on things.

Probably not that different to the RHI scandal which was widely known for quite a while but only became an issue after media coverage of it

Nothing ever gets attention until there's a prime time special about it. Then normally forgotten about in 3-4 weeks when the next scandal takes hold.

Prime time is like a laundering facility for bad news.

Free state goldfish!
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Eamonnca1

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 17, 2017, 09:29:05 AM
Wallace might be a tax cheat, and a crappy boss of his companies

but he has been fairly consistent on this issue
As have his other independent colleagues

A stopped clock is right twice a day.

Avondhu star

At least the homeless problem has been taken off the TV and newspapers while the politicians can concentrate on sorting the police out

johnneycool

Quote from: Avondhu star on March 29, 2017, 10:36:51 AM
At least the homeless problem has been taken off the TV and newspapers while the politicians can concentrate on sorting the police out

That's some mess alright, over 1 Million fake breath tests reported that weren't actually carried out, and not mentioning the 10's of thousands of people incorrectly convicted of other road traffic offences..

Templemore with some dodgy accountancy practices it seems as well

Yer one is going to sit it out it seems as is the Irish way.

Ball Hopper

Were quotas in place and the numbers fudged to show these "KPI's" were hit every week/month/quarter?  Everyone happy then...

Milltown Row2

Ya have to laugh at the eejits that post about the north brexit and anything from a different country (their view) are so absent here  ;D ;D

Let's brush it under the carpet with the rest of the shit! Quality government
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dubh driocht

Nuala O'Loan is a woman of the highest integrity and her comments on the omnishambles in AGS should be taken seriously. I struggle to see how Noirin O'Sullivan can remain in office as she was in charge when this was happening; if she didn't know, she should have.
And to think the Current Government have jeopardized the economic recovery by breaking the wage agreements to placate this shower. This is as bad as it could be in terms of reputation and integrity and seems to have involved a lot of officers.
http://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2017/0402/864595-garda-oloan/

Avondhu star

Quote from: Ball Hopper on March 30, 2017, 06:34:56 PM
Were quotas in place and the numbers fudged to show these "KPI's" were hit every week/month/quarter?  Everyone happy then...
Any organisation can come up with quotas but that is useless unless independently verified.

gallsman

O'Sullivan has retired, effective immediately. Full pension and benefits I expect.

From the Bunker

Quote from: gallsman on September 10, 2017, 07:23:21 PM
O'Sullivan has retired, effective immediately. Full pension and benefits I expect.

No less! I would not be surprised if she had a certain date to reach to leave with a decent windfall!

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 10, 2017, 08:50:42 PM
Quote from: gallsman on September 10, 2017, 07:23:21 PM

No less! I would not be surprised if she had a certain date to reach to leave with a decent windfall!
it was reported that it was a date in November.
I wouldn't be surprised if she was offered a deal to go early
will there be an open competition for the job?

Surely her commissioner husband is the best option? ;) ;)

Eamonnca1

They're talking about bringing someone in from outside the state if they have to. I wonder if Sir Ronnie Flanagan wants to come out of retirement!

Eamonnca1

So what's to be done with the force now? Scrap it and start over like they did with the RUC?