Restarts - Two balls on the pitch

Started by APM, February 21, 2022, 12:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APM

How often do we see goalkeepers' quick kickouts frustrated by an extra ball on the pitch.
Complete pain in the arse watching umpires stand with their hands in their pockets - (even if it's 4ft from him) while the goalie removes the extra ball and loses the opportunity for a short kickout.

Obviously this happens more on pitches with no ball stops and doesn't happen in Croke Park.

Round the country keepers everywhere are saying "Never seen Stephen Cluxton dealing with this kind of crap"!

The keeper shouldn't have to do ballboy. 

Is it is problem that needs sorted or is it just me?  Do people care? Do we need a Maor liathróid? Do keepers just need to go long and stop the messing?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: APM on February 21, 2022, 12:31:50 PM
How often do we see goalkeepers' quick kickouts frustrated by an extra ball on the pitch.
Complete pain in the arse watching umpires stand with their hands in their pockets - (even if it's 4ft from him) while the goalie removes the extra ball and loses the opportunity for a short kickout.

Obviously this happens more on pitches with no ball stops and doesn't happen in Croke Park.

Round the country keepers everywhere are saying "Never seen Stephen Cluxton dealing with this kind of crap"!

Is it is problem that needs sorted or is it just me?  Do people care? Do we need a Maor liathróid? Do keepers just need to go long and stop the messing?

The umpire is there to keep an eye on the scores and the players in case they want to do some headlocks!!

Should a digging session start up the ref will ask the umpires and other officials what did you see? Seen feck all, was over getting that ball off the pitch!!

The umpires are told to ignore the ball once it goes over the bar or wide/45/65 . No officials from teams are allowed behind the end line either by rules, so its an issue for Croke park to change, it can't be done at ground level
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Ash Smoker

Were Armagh not doing it deliberately the other night to time waste?

Solo_run

Quote from: Ash Smoker on February 21, 2022, 01:14:50 PM
Were Armagh not doing it deliberately the other night to time waste?

Think about that for a moment rather than have it explained to you...

Armagh like to take goal kicks quickly....

balladmaker

Any situation where an eejit in the crowd can directly influence a game is wrong, and this is what we have with balls being thrown back onto the field and preventing a fast kick-out. 

Time for ball boys/girls ... plus would be great craic for the kids getting to do it as well.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: balladmaker on February 21, 2022, 01:26:54 PM

Any situation where an eejit in the crowd can directly influence a game is wrong, and this is what we have with balls being thrown back onto the field and preventing a fast kick-out. 

Time for ball boys/girls ... plus would be great craic for the kids getting to do it as well.

I agree, the only thing you can do for when a ball is thrown on to delay that quick kick out is to move the ball 13 meters and book the sub/coach/manager  and fine them... It would soon put a stop to it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

befair

I've seen this time-wasting tactic many times; usually by the team ahead in the dying minutes, usually from around the team bench. Moy vs Rostrevor in the intermediate Ulster final a few yrs ago, Burren vs Kilcoo in the Down Championship, and then (as what goes around comes around), Kilcoo vs Burren a year later.

Itchy

Quote from: balladmaker on February 21, 2022, 01:26:54 PM

I think we should get kids to do it and as most kids have actually good eyesight they could be asked by the ref if balls were out, if they seen who threw this first punch etc. Let the umpires enjoy the game. It would be like spy kids. I would give them a kids uniform too, I think a cape would be good.

brokencrossbar1

Cross played Coalisland in the Ulster Club a few years ago and there were a few men with a couple of young lads standing behind the town end goals. Whenever a ball came over behind the goals the young lads grabbed it and waited till Cross keeper was lining up a kick out then they threw it out deliberately. Few Cross men went over and challenged them about it and the stewards moved them on

5times5times

Biggest culprit for this i've ever seen is Stevie McDonnell doing this when #2 at Burren vs Kilcoo.

Q is, why no ball stop???

greatpoint

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 21, 2022, 04:24:34 PM
Cross played Coalisland in the Ulster Club a few years ago and there were a few men with a couple of young lads standing behind the town end goals. Whenever a ball came over behind the goals the young lads grabbed it and waited till Cross keeper was lining up a kick out then they threw it out deliberately. Few Cross men went over and challenged them about it and the stewards moved them on

Tyrone did this a few years ago against Donegal in the Championship, puzzling that nothing was done at the time.

blanketattack

Happened about a dozen times in a Monaghan-Kerry game a couple of years ago.

Milltown Row2

Red card the manager, with a one match ban!  ;)

yellowcard

It's no different to Philip Jordan getting Marsden sent off or Cavanagh pulling down McManus when through on goal. It's blatant cheating and the only solution is to punish the team engaging in this type of stuff since it is not happening by accident.

Taylor

Quote from: yellowcard on February 22, 2022, 10:37:44 AM
It's no different to Philip Jordan getting Marsden sent off or Cavanagh pulling down McManus when through on goal. It's blatant cheating and the only solution is to punish the team engaging in this type of stuff since it is not happening by accident.

;D
Anti Tyrone brigade in full voice