TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFS

Two shows I've been watching recently.

Boardwalk Empire - Very good so far. Good acting, interesting storyline, and some very promising characters.

The Event - Awful shite. Terrible acting, crap predictable storyline, hammy idiot proof dialogue, and not one character that isn't either painfully dull or so irritating that you want them put down immediately.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 05, 2010, 07:03:59 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on November 05, 2010, 04:13:58 PM
Anyone like 'The Middle'?  I do.
Is this a Malcolm In the Middle-alike? Which I loved!

I found 'Malcolm' a bit cheesy; this is good sarky stuff.  Good characterisation. 

QuoteBoardwalk Empire - Very good so far. Good acting, interesting storyline, and some very promising characters.

I'm about four episodes into this - Buscemi is wonderful as usual, and the storyline has Sopranos parallels.  Am liking it.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ziggysego

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 05, 2010, 07:03:59 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on November 05, 2010, 04:13:58 PM
Anyone like 'The Middle'?  I do.
Is this a Malcolm In the Middle-alike? Which I loved!

It tries to be like Malcolm In the Middle, but fails miserably.

The wee lad, anyone think he's kinda weird looking?
Testing Accessibility

ross4life

Cake boss on Discovery channel is worth a watch. unreal cakes  :o
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Canalman

Cracking comedy imo on GOLD late at night called Early Doors. The two waster policemen in it must be close to the funniest characters in sitcomland.

tyroneboi

I watched the first two episodes of Phone Shop on 4OD last night. I was quite impressed by it and will certainly watch the rest of the series.

trileacman

pillars of earth on now!! any good?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Archie Mitchell

Has anyone seen Frankie Boyle's new show  on CH4 "Frankie Boyle's Tramadol Nights"?

Great show, the standup bits are similar to his new DVD and the sketches are brilliant.

ziggysego

There's a fantastic show on More 4 called 'The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret'. Starring David Cross (Arrested Development) and Blake Harrison (The Inbetweeners). I was in stitches laughing at it and had to find the one's I've missed so far on 4OD this morning.

More 4 - Sundays - 10.40pm.
Testing Accessibility

mc_grens

Lovin Boardwalk Empire.

Anyone watchin Walking Dead? If so is it any good?

Donnellys Hollow

Boardwalk Empire is fantastic.

I never thought anything would come close to The Sopranos but this is up there.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

clarshack

final episode of the walking dead (season 1)  just aired. its a damned good show - pity there were only 6 episodes. thankfully season 2 is supposed to have 13 episodes.

Celt_Man

Been watching a decent amount of Fringe and Stargate Universe in the last few weeks - two decent enough shows...

Fringe is particularly good, good storylines and overall plot

I've nearly got up with all the episodes aired so far...

Reckon I'll have to give this Walking Dead a shout - what's The Event like???  Any use??
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: clarshack on December 10, 2010, 11:10:05 PM
final episode of the walking dead (season 1)  just aired. its a damned good show - pity there were only 6 episodes. thankfully season 2 is supposed to have 13 episodes.

It's a good show alright. They must have been testing the water with the six though.

RedandGreenSniper

Underbelly on TV3. Series nearly over but worth getting on DVD. Events shown very close to what actually happened.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year