TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 19, 2012, 11:32:25 AM
This sketch sums up Homeland for me

http://socialitelife.com/lol-anne-hathaway-spoofs-claire-danes-and-homeland-on-snl-video-11-2012

What are you watching now instead? Sometimes Homeland does annoy me but it's better than an awful lot of tv on now.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

screenexile

Quote from: trileacman on December 21, 2012, 01:28:03 AM

http://socialitelife.com/lol-anne-hathaway-spoofs-claire-danes-and-homeland-on-snl-video-11-2012

What are you watching now instead? Sometimes Homeland does annoy me but it's better than an awful lot of tv on now.

The more I look at it the more it seems like 24!

clarshack

Quote from: screenexile on December 21, 2012, 09:32:13 AM

The more I look at it the more it seems like 24!

starting to think that myself too.

nrico2006

Season 3 of Boardwalk done and dusted, what an ending.  Arguably the best show on TV at the minute.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyHarp

Has anyone watched Breaking Bad? Want to get a box set for Christmas and just wondering what to get. That, Sons of Anarchary or Prison Break are on the list at the minute as I havent seen any of them but heard decent reviews.
That was never a square ball!!

Minder

Quote from: BennyHarp on December 21, 2012, 10:48:50 AM
Has anyone watched Breaking Bad? Want to get a box set for Christmas and just wondering what to get. That, Sons of Anarchary or Prison Break are on the list at the minute as I havent seen any of them but heard decent reviews.

Breaking Bad is as good a show as you will see.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hardy

Quote from: Minder on December 21, 2012, 10:52:05 AM

It's the best TV series ever for me.

ziggy90

Quote from: Hardy on December 21, 2012, 11:50:29 AM

Really? Better than the Sopranos? If it comes that highly recommended I'll have to give it a gawk. How many series are there and is it finished?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

nrico2006

Sopranos was good, but out of them all I don't think anything could beat 24.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggy90 on December 21, 2012, 11:58:36 AM
Quote from: Hardy on December 21, 2012, 11:50:29 AM

Really? Better than the Sopranos? If it comes that highly recommended I'll have to give it a Gawk. How many series are there and is it finished?
Hardy has been around since before tv so he has seen them all.

onefaircounty

ziggy90

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 21, 2012, 12:06:35 PM
Sopranos was good, but out of them all I don't think anything could beat 24.

To each his own.

Dinny Breen

It was good TV but this season was a bit OTT at times, 24 is a good comparison alright.

At a lull now but have been watching Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire (Season 3 was epic) and board favourite Breaking Bad. Going to start into The Killing and have acquired Love/Hate which I haven't seen yet at all.

Awaiting the return of Game of Thrones and Mad Men.

The Wire is still the greatest imho....
#newbridgeornowhere

ziggy90

I'd love to agree Dinny, but I still think the Sopranos shades it. Imho.........

clarshack

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 21, 2012, 10:45:14 AM
Season 3 of Boardwalk done and dusted, what an ending.  Arguably the best show on TV at the minute.

yeah, boardwalk is best show around atm. imo it's better than the sopranos.

also thought the walking dead was good this season and ended well for the mid season finale.