TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulick

Homeland has a couple of nice twists around episode 6 or 7 but its all a bit predictable after that especially the season finale

tbrick18

Homeland is excellent, only seen the first 2 episodes but I'm sucked in. I cant believe how good Claire Daines is! Definately not a typical role for her.
New Girl is another great show....very very funny.
Over the last couple of weeks I've been watching Those Who Kill on ITV3 (I think). A danish crime drama set in Copenhagen. IF you liked The Killing, you'll love this.

Billys Boots

QuoteThose Who Kill

Watched some of it but didn't think it was a patch on 'The Killing', 'Borgen' or 'The Bridge'.  Very ITV. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

nrico2006

Keifer Sutherlands new show looks good, coming out here soon.

Watched the first Friday Night Lights last night and from the first minute you just knew it was going to copy the Varsity Blues storyline (useless reserve Quarterback required and wins the game).  But it was a good episode.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Quote from: Ulick on March 02, 2012, 07:33:25 AM
Homeland has a couple of nice twists around episode 6 or 7 but its all a bit predictable after that especially the season finale when we know he isn't going to die (the second season being commissioned some time ago).

Why??!!

ziggy90

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 02, 2012, 10:25:39 AM
QuoteThose Who Kill

Watched some of it but didn't think it was a patch on 'The Killing', 'Borgen' or 'The Bridge'.  Very ITV.

Help me out please Billy, I watched all of Borgen in 3 days on thhe Sky Hard Drive & the last fargin episode was fooked up due to loss of signal. What happened at the end?  >:(
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Ulick

Quote from: screenexile on March 02, 2012, 10:32:59 AM
Homeland has a couple of nice twists around episode 6 or 7 but its all a bit predictable after that especially the season finale

Why??!!

. I found it very tiresome. In fact I think the show "jumped the shark" in the last episode and the whole show will go the same way as Prison Break - great first season, but a bit pointless to continue after that.

tbrick18

Quote from: Ulick on March 02, 2012, 01:36:56 PM
Homeland has a couple of nice twists around episode 6 or 7 but its all a bit predictable after that especially the season finale when we know he isn't going to die (the second season being commissioned some time ago).

Why??!!

Why is it predictable? Well everything points to him dying at the end but you know it won't because he's already been cast in the second season. So the last episode tries to build tension on the basis of him about to die, but you know he won't. I found it very tiresome. In fact I think the show "jumped the shark" in the last episode and the whole show will go the same way as Prison Break - great first season, but a bit pointless to continue after that.

I didnt realise there was more than one season...strikes me as being something that should have had one season and that's it done and dusted.

screenexile

Quote from: Ulick on March 02, 2012, 01:36:56 PM
Homeland has a couple of nice twists around episode 6 or 7 but its all a bit predictable after that

Why??!!

Why is it predictable? In fact I think the show "jumped the shark" in the last episode and the whole show will go the same way as Prison Break - great first season, but a bit pointless to continue after that.

Not questioning its predictibility but a lot of people wouldn't be arsed checking for a 2nd season and many on here are only on the 3rd episode so why ruin it for them?? At least put up some kind of spoiler alert!!!

Ulick

I haven't given anything away that wasn't flagged up from the first episode and I didn't check for a second season either - that was flying around in all the press about it the other week after it won a Golden Globe.

Don Johnson

Have to agree Ulick that is a big spoiler for those who are only watching it on channel four.

Still working my way through The West Wing boxset I got for Christmas, great show but there is so much of it to get through.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: ziggy90 on March 02, 2012, 12:10:22 PM
QuoteThose Who Kill

Help me out please Billy, I watched all of Borgen in 3 days on thhe Sky Hard Drive & the last fargin episode was fooked up due to loss of signal. What happened at the end?  >:(

Say nothing Billy, have Borgen on the back catalog, maybe its time to resurrect this thread although it wasn't exactly a resounding success  :D http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=5630.msg201122#msg201122
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Ulick

Okay, I've modified my posts on Homeland and apologise, even though you'll realise I didn't give anything away. 

Billys Boots

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on March 02, 2012, 03:56:50 PM
Quote from: ziggy90 on March 02, 2012, 12:10:22 PM
QuoteThose Who Kill

Say nothing Billy, have Borgen on the back catalog, maybe its time to resurrect this thread although it wasn't exactly a resounding success  :D http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=5630.msg201122#msg201122

Download the last episode on bolt.cd ziggy - there's a second series of Borgen anyway, so the story doesn't end there, I think it's safe to say. :)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Tony Baloney

In defence of Ulick one season of anything is pretty rare so people should rein in the false indignation. I dont think Im giving anything away when I say I wouldnt want to live in a post-apocalyptic USA...