TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Canalman

Finished season 3 of Sons of Anarchy last night and to say I was disappointed is an understatement. Not a patch (pun intended) on the first 2 seasons............. the Shakespearian undertones seemingly discarded.
"Irish" accents were terrible and actually imo impossible to understand.

Convoluted and unbelievable/ silly  plots galore.

Onwards now onto finishing seasons 1 and 2 of Breaking Bad and season 5 of Dexter.

Billys Boots

Anyone watching 'Braquo' - French cop-show on FX?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ziggy90

Quote from: Billys Boots on December 15, 2011, 09:28:02 AM
Me Billy, I think it's excellant. I watched that Spiral a while ago & while it was very good this is in a different league. I'm also watching Romanzo Criminale, not bad but that seventies soundtrack??
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Billys Boots

Quote from: ziggy90 on December 15, 2011, 11:59:29 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on December 15, 2011, 09:28:02 AM
Me Billy, I think it's excellant. I watched that Spiral a while ago & while it was very good this is in a different league. I'm also watching Romanzo Criminale, not bad but that seventies soundtrack??

Yeah, I like it too, though it's not very believable - I preferred Spirals, more slow-moving but a better story. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Sanchez

Anyone ever seen How to make it in America?

Hashtag

Anyone watch Sherlock on BBC 1 last night. Thought it was very good and worth a look on the iPlayer if you missed it.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Hashtag on January 02, 2012, 11:59:37 AM
Anyone watch Sherlock on BBC 1 last night. Thought it was very good and worth a look on the iPlayer if you missed it.
Really enjoyed it, best thing on TV over the holidays in my opinion

Canalman

Finished season 1 of The Borgias. A cracking series which never sagged. Would highly recommend it.

Hashtag

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on January 02, 2012, 01:14:33 PM

Agree with you there. Best thing I seen over the festive period anyway. TV was quite disappointing. Watched Alan Carr's New Year Spectualr on 4OD there as well. Worth a look too.

Is there a couple more episodes of Sherlock on or was it a one off this time?

bridgegael

sherlock is easily best show on tv.   
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Hashtag on January 02, 2012, 04:59:44 PM
Quote from: Newbridge Exile on January 02, 2012, 01:14:33 PM

Agree with you there. Best thing I seen over the festive period anyway. TV was quite disappointing. Watched Alan Carr's New Year Spectualr on 4OD there as well. Worth a look too.

Is there a couple more episodes of Sherlock on or was it a one off this time?

2 more episodes in this series, hound of there Baskervilles on this Sunday, also watched series 4 of 30 rock on Bt Vision over the holidays , very very funny show

tbrick18

Aye it was class. The lad that plays Sherlock is very very good.

Hashtag

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 03, 2012, 09:42:03 AM

Aye bendict Cumberbatch very good in this role. Both himself and 'Watson' are the stars in upcoming movie- The Hobbit.

mc_grens

Quote from: Hashtag on January 03, 2012, 09:56:40 AM
Quote from: tbrick18 on January 03, 2012, 09:42:03 AM

Aye bendict Cumberbatch very good in this role. Both himself and 'Watson' are the stars in upcoming movie- The Hobbit.

Agreed, and Tara Pullver was sexy as f**k as Irene Adler.