TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelg

Anyone watch Rev on BBC2? Good show

Don Johnson

Quote from: michaelg on December 06, 2011, 09:39:04 PM

I seen one episode of it, thought it was decent, always liked Tom Hollander since the brilliant In The Loop (incidentally if anyone hasn't seen The Thick Of It, it is one of the best comedies I have seen).

Thought Black Mirror was very good the other night though I would seeing as I am a bit of a Brooker fan boy, have a few of his books and look forward to his columns in The Guardian. Some great lines in it the other night: "don't be too quick otherwise the public might think you are enjoying it rather too much."

Celt Man of the shows I have seen that you have to watch I rate them:

Game Of Thrones >>> The Kennedys >>> The Borgias.

Haven't seen Treme yet.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: michaelg on December 06, 2011, 09:39:04 PM
Decent, but this series has not been as good.

Bingo

The Walking Dead on midseason break. Has been a bit slow paced to date but the last ten minutes of the last one was a bit dramatic. I would imagine that the rest of the season will pick up the pace if they put off the farm and have to go back looking for a new home.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: ziggysego on December 06, 2011, 07:41:30 PM
Quote from: screenexile on December 06, 2011, 05:21:15 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on December 06, 2011, 03:34:58 PM
Life's Too Short on BBC 2. I like it, very funny. I recognise a lot of the public prespection in this.

I'm usually a big Gervais fan but I heard bad reviews about this and the first episode got panned.

I've since noticed more people commenting on how good it is so I may give it a go.

The bad reviews are mainly coming from the PC army.

I loved The Office and Extras but think this is very poor. The only part that made me laugh out loud was the Liam Neeson cameo. The last epsiode was the worst so far. I'll probably give it another go this week but woefully short of the standards set by the other comedies mentioned.

michaelg

Don't normally watch anything on BBC3 but quite enjoy Him and Her - Anyone been watching The Cafe on Sky 1?  Watched the first episode and it seemed preety good
PS - By the way, that new Ricky Gervais offering is absolute sh*te

Forever Green

Really enjoying the 2nd series of Boardwalk Empire so far. If they can keep this up, it has the potential to be one of the best shows in a long time.

Still watching The Sopranos also. Unreal show. How many series did they do for this?

Don Johnson

Quote from: Forever Green on December 07, 2011, 05:10:52 PM
Really enjoying the 2nd series of Boardwalk Empire so far. If they can keep this up, it has the potential to be one of the best shows in a long time.

Still watching The Sopranos also. Unreal show. How many series did they do for this?

There was six series of The Sopranos but the last one was broke into two parts, so it ends up like seven series.

Forever Green

Quote from: Don Johnson on December 07, 2011, 05:31:13 PM
Quote from: Forever Green on December 07, 2011, 05:10:52 PM

There was six series of The Sopranos but the last one was broke into two parts, so it ends up like seven series.

Cheers lad

Hoof Hearted

Europa League final, 09/05/2012. Manchesters finest
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bennydorano

Regular Show on Cartoon network. Class stuff, wasted on it's target audience.

Don Johnson

What a season finale for Boardwalk Empire. Didn't see it coming at the time but have watched it again and it all points to what happens at the end of the episode. Will say no more for anyone else watching. What a series of television though, gold. Some great performances in it.

Watched the first couple episodes of American Horror Story, dunno what to make of it as yet. I am not a big fan of horror films anyway but might stick with it for a while.

Homeland continues to be good, downloading the penultimate episode at the minute.

Missed the Charlie Brooker show at the weekend, will have to get it on 4od.

Forever Green

Aye, saw that episode. Mental stuff. I`m guessing the finale has something to do with the life he should have had before going to the war?

Best show on TV by far

Archie Mitchell

This Is England '88 on CH4 at the minute. 1st episode of 3 on last night.

ONeill

Feck me - didn't realise they were on consecutive days.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.