Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanmc123

Quote from: God14 on January 23, 2017, 10:03:07 AM
Richie injured, heard it will be march before he is back.

McCurry was sharp looking yesterday, and its good to see as it seems he is a very confident based person so i hope 2 man of the matches performances will do him good

Richie will find it very hard to get into the team if he is injured as he seems a decent player but is not an established player yet for the county

Fuzzman

Yeah sounds like he's gonna miss most of the league then which is disappointing as I really wanted him to push through into the starting 15 like Sludden did last year.
Will Meyler making the starting 15 for the league?
If you were to pick YOUR starting 15 (not what you think Mickey might pick) who would you go for based on performances so far in 2017?

Degrassi Hi

I've been to all the games so far & have been impressed with the new members of the panel.  Niall Sludden & Johnny Munroe have stepped it up well but I would say that McCarron is the one who will require the most work to retain his place particularly his turn of speed, I suppose its early days yet & cant imagine Harte not starting him.

Tyrone Gaa

McCarron looked like he enjoyed Christmas a little to much but id like to think he will soon be back best soon enough.  He was 2nd to every ball which isn't like Cathal.  He was promoting his book up and down the country as well.  Like him or loath him he probably still is our best defender.

Who of the new lads has impressed most?  McHugh for me, I cant see Niall McKenna making the cut Mickey has to cut maybe 6 players.  Any word on Harry Loughran?  He hasn't got any game time since his call up, is he injured? Will Mickey cut him without seeing him?
Living the dream!!!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 21, 2017, 10:10:05 PM
Any word on Richie Donnelly and Conall McCann?

Neither seemed to have been involved in any football yet this year? Are they injured and how long are they expected to be out for. McCann seemed to have a very good year at club and this could be the year for him to kick on with Tyrone, he could be worth a try at 11 this year.

Hi all,

Just joined the board, first post!

Conal McCann had been carrying an injury for sometime, even as far back as the first game v Coalisland in the County Final - I think he's still undergoing rehab for this - shoulder injury.

seanmc123

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on January 23, 2017, 11:39:18 AM
McCarron looked like he enjoyed Christmas a little to much but id like to think he will soon be back best soon enough.  He was 2nd to every ball which isn't like Cathal.  He was promoting his book up and down the country as well.  Like him or loath him he probably still is our best defender.

Who of the new lads has impressed most?  McHugh for me, I cant see Niall McKenna making the cut Mickey has to cut maybe 6 players.  Any word on Harry Loughran?  He hasn't got any game time since his call up, is he injured? Will Mickey cut him without seeing him?

I am not really impressed with McHugh to be honest. Hasn't done anything for me to think wow! Maybe im being a bit hard but that's all i think. McCurry is playing well although its January i hope he keeps it up. Was at all the game myself, Thought McCarron was bit slow to get going against Donegal last week but had great second half. Tyrone don't seem to playing as defensive as last year so lots of space in front of the defense. He was marking Fermanagh's so called Talisman yesterday "Corrigan" and i didn't see him give him any bother. Don't think he scored from play or even had a shot. Good to see McNamee back also, game will bring him on.

Pretty optimistic about the new year

In hiding

Quote from: seanmc123 on January 23, 2017, 01:00:40 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on January 23, 2017, 11:39:18 AM

I am not really impressed with McHugh to be honest. Hasn't done anything for me to think wow! Maybe im being a bit hard but that's all i think. McCurry is playing well although its January i hope he keeps it up. Was at all the game myself, Thought McCarron was bit slow to get going against Donegal last week but had great second half. Tyrone don't seem to playing as defensive as last year so lots of space in front of the defense. He was marking Fermanagh's so called Talisman yesterday "Corrigan" and i didn't see him give him any bother. Don't think he scored from play or even had a shot. Good to see McNamee back also, game will bring him on.

Pretty optimistic about the new year
Aye cathal I thought you did ok

seanmc123

Sean Mcmahon from Omagh is my name. I don't hide behind fake names like you

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 23, 2017, 11:09:07 AM
Yeah sounds like he's gonna miss most of the league then which is disappointing as I really wanted him to push through into the starting 15 like Sludden did last year.
If you were to pick YOUR starting 15 (not what you think Mickey might pick) who would you go for based on performances so far in 2017?

I'd go with something like this:
Morgan
Hampsey
McNamee
McCarron
McCann
McNabb
Munroe
Donnelly
C Cavanagh
Sludden
Harte
Burns (hasn't had much of a go yet)
McCurry
McShane
Bradley

I'd like to see Mattie get a go at full forward and McShane midfield but unlikely to happen.

seanmc123

Will Barton be behaving on Saturday night? Or is he still hot headed ?

In hiding

Quote from: seanmc123 on January 23, 2017, 02:02:36 PM
Sean Mcmahon from Omagh is my name. I don't hide behind fake names like you

Sure you are  ::) ::)

seanmc123

What's your name and where are you from ?

leenie

Tut tut

3. Revealing a posters personal identity.
   An inherent part of most discussion boards is that members may choose to adopt an alias, if they wish, as their board username. This choice of anonymity must be
  respected and any move to identify the real life identity of a poster on this board, where they have not done so themselves, is a breach of board rules.

Don't be so defensive Sean , take it with a pitch of salt, INHiding is a good poster
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

redhandefender

Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 23, 2017, 02:03:24 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on January 23, 2017, 11:09:07 AM

I'd go with something like this:
Morgan
Hampsey
McNamee
McCarron
McCann
McNabb
Munroe
Donnelly
C Cavanagh
Sludden
Harte
Burns (hasn't had much of a go yet)
McCurry
McShane
Bradley

I'd like to see Mattie get a go at full forward and McShane midfield but unlikely to happen.

I'm sure the Pomeroy boys would love him playing the night before an all Ireland semi!

seanmc123

Quote from: leenie on January 23, 2017, 03:15:14 PM
Tut tut

3. Revealing a posters personal identity.
   An inherent part of most discussion boards is that members may choose to adopt an alias, if they wish, as their board username. This choice of anonymity must be
  respected and any move to identify the real life identity of a poster on this board, where they have not done so themselves, is a breach of board rules.

Don't be so defensive Sean , take it with a pitch of salt, INHiding is a good poster

I know yes, I was only saying I'm not afraid to tell you who i am. If people want to choose their anonymity thats up to them. Anyhow the football is the main talking point on this, not me or InHiding