FAI...Spring friendlies for Interim Manager - Belgium/Swiss

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

There would have been bedlam had Hendrick stuck that away  :)

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Boycey on October 13, 2018, 08:00:40 PM
There would have been bedlam had Hendrick stuck that away  :)
Playing some ok football so far.
Just as well hendrick missed but it was a f**king rubbish effort

BennyCake

SHEEDY

Who sets the prices for these matches? Lots of empty seats tonight. Was going to take the wee fella down for the wales game on tuesday but then I seen it was 70 euro for adult ticket and 20 for an u16 in the lower level and I quickly changed my mind. Ireland are hard to watch at the best of times without being ripped off for the privilege.
We're always quick to bash the gaa but the 5euro ticket for u16s in croke park even up to and including all ireland semis is brilliant value compared to other sports.
nil satis nisi optimum

laoislad

Every youngfella who plays the game is told to play to the whistle. Don't stop playing until you hear it. The only thing wrong with what Hendrick did was he wasted a glorious chance.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Itchy

Quote from: SHEEDY on October 13, 2018, 08:42:07 PM
Who sets the prices for these matches? Lots of empty seats tonight. Was going to take the wee fella down for the wales game on tuesday but then I seen it was 70 euro for adult ticket and 20 for an u16 in the lower level and I quickly changed my mind. Ireland are hard to watch at the best of times without being ripped off for the privilege.
We're always quick to bash the gaa but the 5euro ticket for u16s in croke park even up to and including all ireland semis is brilliant value compared to other sports.

In fairness you'd want more money than sense to pay anything to watch this rubbish. No attempt to pass the ball out, no flair, no one touch. And Denmark only slightly better.

Itchy

Quote from: laoislad on October 13, 2018, 08:44:37 PM
Every youngfella who plays the game is told to play to the whistle. Don't stop playing until you hear it. The only thing wrong with what Hendrick did was he wasted a glorious chance.

It was bizarre. What was the clown from denmark at, wby didnt he kick it out himself.

Boycey

That's only true if he didn't realize what was taking place if he did it's a cnuts trick. 

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Boycey on October 13, 2018, 08:59:44 PM

That's only true if he didn't realize what was taking place if he did it's a cnuts trick.

Better tonight but still some awful crap being played against an equally poor team

seafoid

It seems to be asymmetric. If they play OK they can draw but if they don't they get hammered.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

snoopdog

No goalscorers. A draw is always the most likely result from ireland.

Itchy

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on October 13, 2018, 09:38:53 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 13, 2018, 08:59:44 PM

Better tonight but still some awful crap being played against an equally poor team

I do t know, it was woeful. Denmark ball retention is miles ahead of ours, they surely had 70% possession in 2nd half. Even when we pass it we end up going back to the keeper. Robinson added a bit of attacking when he came on. The players aren't there but at the same time they are not being set up to even try and play

bogball88

Quote from: SHEEDY on October 13, 2018, 08:42:07 PM
A season ticket is the best value for you. €110 to renew for 5 games. Kids price is €45. For the Denmark game they were giving free tickets away to every kids team that they could that were affiliated to FAI in order to get more bums on seats