2018 ACFL Division 1

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, March 23, 2018, 08:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyroanAbu

Other way round in Ballyroan game, Ballyroan won 2-07   0-8

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on April 15, 2018, 09:23:38 AM

Thanks BallyroanAbu, that result was taken directly from our Official Laois website....
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Heshs Umpire

Portlaoise beat The Heath handily enough this morning.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on April 15, 2018, 01:32:49 PM
Quote from: BallyroanAbu on April 15, 2018, 09:23:38 AM

Thanks BallyroanAbu, that result was taken directly from our Official Laois website....

In fairness I'd say entered wrongly on system due to original game being in Cretty, which is unplayable due to field works.

Serious win by Portlaoise this morning

Laoiseabu

Portlaoise will win the championship this year. Watch this space .

O moore parklife

Quote from: Laoiseabu on April 15, 2018, 10:17:07 PM
Portlaoise will win the championship this year. Watch this space .
Have you the lotto numbers??

Laoiseabu

No I'm just saving everyone time and speculation that's all 😂😂

Laoiseabu

The winning lotto numbers will be..... Brody ,Dillon, Cahillane, Boyle, Lillis, Glynn and the bonus number will be .. Bruno

on the hop

more interested to see how the younger players are doing, we are going to need them. saunders at portlaoise is getting a run with the senior team, though frank Flanagan seems to be hurling. I thought he was good last year playing with laois. Barry at o dempseys seems to scoring well and it will be interesting to see how Coffey and Murphy do with Port.

courtwood seemed to have a few good lads as well.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

SATURDAY, APRIL 21
Laois Shopping Centre ACFL Division 1 Round 4 (Senior Inter County Footballers Available)

Portlaoise V Portarlington, 7pm
O'Dempseys V Stradbally, 7pm
Graiguecullen V St Joseph's, 7pm
Ballylinan V The Heath, 7pm

Laois Shopping Centre ACFL Division 1B Round 4 (Senior Inter County Footballers Available)

Ballyroan Abbey V Mountmellick, 7pm
Arles/Killeen V Killeshin, 7pm
Arles/Kilcruise V Rosenallis, 7pm
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: on the hop on April 15, 2018, 11:50:49 PM
more interested to see how the younger players are doing, we are going to need them. saunders at portlaoise is getting a run with the senior team, though frank Flanagan seems to be hurling. I thought he was good last year playing with laois. Barry at o dempseys seems to scoring well and it will be interesting to see how Coffey and Murphy do with Port.

Being top of Div 2 (third tier) of the County League while a big deal in Courtwood is not all that interesting, cool it Eddie.  ;D ;D ;D I am guessing your a Courtwood man.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on April 19, 2018, 09:36:32 AM

Being top of Div 2 (third tier) of the County League while a big deal in Courtwood is not all that interesting, cool it Eddie.  ;D ;D ;D I am guessing your a Courtwood man.
on the hop I'm pretty sure is a Portlaoise clubman.
You won't find anyone from Courtwood on here that thinks winning a few league games in April is "a big deal". Don't worry about that😁.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

The PRO

Saunders looked a fine player last year. Is he with the under 20's?
Whelan of Ballyroan is another great prospect as are Coffey and Slevin. O'Flynn too.

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: The PRO on April 19, 2018, 02:25:37 PM

Whelan of Ballyroan is another great prospect as are Coffey and Slevin. O'Flynn too.

It will be interesting to see how U20's go.  I just think they will find it extremely tough going with their preparation they were quite lucky as minors in the draw they received.  I am not a fan of potential show me what you got and then I will believe it.  So far for these chaps it really is a case of big fish in a small pool.

The PRO

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on April 19, 2018, 04:21:04 PM
Quote from: The PRO on April 19, 2018, 02:25:37 PM

It will be interesting to see how U20's go.  I just think they will find it extremely tough going with their preparation they were quite lucky as minors in the draw they received.  I am not a fan of potential show me what you got and then I will believe it.  So far for these chaps it really is a case of big fish in a small pool.
I wouldn't read anything into this year's under 20 team. It's thrown together. Had a good win over Sligo last night but really fear for them against Kildare in the first round.