Why am I not surprised, sure they take their lead from their leader!

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, June 30, 2011, 04:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

39 MLAs register family interests at Stormont

Thirty-nine MLAs have registered employing or buying services from their family members or the relatives of party colleagues.

They completed the section in the latest Stormont Register of Interests.

This covers family members benefiting from the assembly's Office Cost Expenditure allowance.

Twenty-seven of the politicians are from the DUP, four each from the SDLP and Ulster Unionists, three from Alliance and one from Sinn Fein.

Some politicians directly employ their own relatives as researchers or office assistants, other have registered employing family members of other representatives.

Not all those who fill out the section employ relatives - some have paid relatives for work on websites or constituency offices.
Tbc....

Nally Stand

See, the DUP has nothing to fear in a United Ireland, it's just like the FG!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 30, 2011, 04:31:56 PM

Yeah...just need to start wearing flat caps and they're there
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Have you abandoned your new friend or has the penny dropped that he wants to do the same to you and your ilk as he wants to do to the Irish army?
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 30, 2011, 04:59:16 PM

Have you abandoned your new friend or has the penny dropped that he wants to do the same to you and your ilk as he wants to do to the Irish army?

Have you had enough of changing the subject because someone points out that FG aren't whiter than white?

*p.s. Further to your remark on the other thread, and your question of whether "the penny has dropped" with me that "my new friend" (news to me) "may have very different view on the Republican movement to yourself", I can assure you that I know enough about the differing strands of Republicanism prevalent in my county and neighbouring counties, to be able to tell the difference without the help of a FGer living outside of Ireland.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 30, 2011, 07:07:22 PM

Have you had enough of changing the subject because someone points out that FG aren't whiter than white?

*p.s. Further to your remark on the other thread, and your question of whether "the penny has dropped" with me that "my new friend" (news to me) "may have very different view on the Republican movement to yourself", I can assure you that I know enough about the differing strands of Republicanism prevalent in my county and neighbouring counties, to be able to tell the difference without the help of a FGer living outside of Ireland.

Notice you ignored the Sinn Féiner lining his family pockets  ;)

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 30, 2011, 07:17:13 PM

Notice you tried to change the subject at the reference to the (much more than one) FGer lining his pockets  ;)

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 30, 2011, 07:19:11 PM

Notice you tried to change the subject at the reference to the (much more than one) SFer lining his pockets  ;)

Fixed that for you.

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 30, 2011, 07:21:00 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on June 30, 2011, 07:19:11 PM

Notice you tried to change the subject at the reference to the (much more than one) SFer lining his pockets  ;)

Fixed that for you.

OK you didn't really "fix" anything though as I referred right at the start to the number of FGers lining their pockets. You have since deflected and overlooked it. Come to think of it, you'd make an excellent FFer.

P.s. Who are the SFers employing family members (saying as you 'fixed' it to tell me there is "more than one SFer" doing so?)

Some of the FGers that are known to have done so include:
Seán Barrett
Andrew Doyle
Bernard Durkan
Brendan Griffin
Paudie Coffey
Peter Fitzpatrick
Ciaran Cannon (x2 family members....but then what more could you expect from a career politician who joind FG the same day the PDs wound up?)
Shane McEntee (x2 family members sharing one job)
Alan Farrell (who promised during the election campaign to give up half his salary -- hired his wife Roisin as his secretarial assistant, his cousin Tommy Griffin as his parliamentary assistant and helped another cousin, Matt Griffin, get his old council seat.

Nally Stand

Ok, saying as you didn't want to answer me in a thread which was unrelated to the question, I'll ask you here:

Who are these "more than one" SFers employing family members you refer to? Simple question.

Nally Stand

Nally Stand