For Peace Sake. Join the UDR/UVF

Started by Ulick, August 03, 2011, 11:26:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigfella

Quote from: Nally Stand on August 03, 2011, 05:41:04 PM
Needless to say, any more details of collusion from across the water will not be easily won. As I mentioned on here before, when the final Stevens Report was completed, it ran to 3,000 pages. The British Government released 22 of those pages (which were heavily censored pages at that). Also noteworthy is that a day or two after the visit of her majesty (that visit where we were told that the relationship with Britain would be "new" and "meaningful" and built on "mutual respect" and "equality"), the British Government announced that it would not be releasing any files related to the Dublin/Monaghan bombings.

It always baffles me, particularly in the context of the Clerical abuse cover up of late and the totally justified anger that this has caused; how there is not the same anger or concerted campaign in the wider public directed at the British State over it's continued cover up of complicity in the murders of innocent Irishmen and women over a similar period of decades.
When loyalists murdered people in their homes, witnesses often reported that they had broken in and walked straight to the bedrooms of their victims, already knowing the house layout. I once recall seeing the "security" forces sketch my home's layout as a means of simple but effective intimidation; but this tactic of intimidation was widespread. It gives an idea of the extent to which collusion was so very deeply rooted and makes you wonder how the full truth of it ever could all come out. Experiences like that also make me all the more angry when I think of some of the ridiculous comments, such as ones made by mayogodhelpus before when he suggested (in specific reference to Francis Hughes RIP) that people who were being subjected to such security force intimidation "should have reported it to the police".

Did you wake up after in a bath of Ice and your kidneys missing by any chance?