Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downjim

Fair play to the Harps, a great side. Hopefully they stick to GAA and not get lost like the other Newry teams.

Kingpins

Quote from: downjim on October 15, 2018, 03:34:44 PM
Fair play to the Harps, a great side. Hopefully they stick to GAA and not get lost like the other Newry teams.

Jim.. enough is enough!! Come on now.. surely you have something to be doing

downjim

After the shit I got on here, no chance. It's coming home lol  one in a row

Smurfy123

Have laughed at you Jim all day. Your a nutcase but a funny one

Kingpins

Stevi introducing another ball onto the field at a crucial time, yes it is illegal , but can anyone lose an eye from it or does anyone get insulted by a barrage of sledging from it.. to me they are the dark arts!!  Concentrate on football and who knows where it might take yous through time, sure just look where it got us over the years 😁

mauricemoss

I'm immensely proud of our lads in black and white. What they've achieved over the past 9 years has been stuff of dreams and they're living legends in the village. They'll take a good break over winter and be back raring to go as always.

Fair play and congratulations to Burren, I've always enjoyed the games between ourselves and them and yesterday they beat us fair and square. Can have absolutely no complaints and wish them all the best in Ulster. I hope they represent the county well.

A very special mention to Ballyholland minors. Incredible performance. A great second half and for all the bad press and shite about them over the past few weeks, it's been great to see some good news for their club. Fair play to them young fellas, they've done the club proud.

general

Congrats to Burren - deserved their win.

Cathal Murdock gave a masterpiece in long range free taking - what did he get - 4 of the first 6 burren scores? Dont think hes ever been in a down senior team? He hasnt got a bad haul of medals - including McRory, Hogan, Down Senior Champ

bridgegael

Quote from: general on October 15, 2018, 08:44:18 PM
Congrats to Burren - deserved their win.

Cathal Murdock gave a masterpiece in long range free taking - what did he get - 4 of the first 6 burren scores? Dont think hes ever been in a down senior team? He hasnt got a bad haul of medals - including McRory, Hogan, Down Senior Champ

I think Cathal had a spell in goal during the National league if I remember, about 6/7 years ago maybe. His free kicks in first half were exceptional.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

downjim

Is Mid Down Gael on holidays?? He usually has a few drunken posts around this time, his internet must have been down lol 1 in a row

one day

Great to see Downjim celebrating in the Point

downjim

Utm utm utm utm
Lol lol lol lol
We are the champions my friend

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: downjim on October 15, 2018, 08:50:21 PM1 in a row

Not much of a row is it Jim?

I suppose Burren will be starting to assemble a few back-to-back titles with their youth teams starting to trickle through. (Or hopefully trickle through anyway.)

Although, it'd be nice to see Burren back to their usual spot next year (out on the pitch watching the trophy presentation with long faces) just to keep you quiet for a while longer yet!
i usse an speelchekor

downjim

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on September 18, 2018, 10:24:25 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on September 17, 2018, 10:58:18 PM
Suppose Kilcoo are your big rivals now

To be a rival you have to beat the other team occasionally (in the matches that matter).  ;)

Lol
Song with all our childhood friends
And it went like this yeah, oops .......,,,,

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: downjim on October 16, 2018, 10:54:36 AM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on September 18, 2018, 10:24:25 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on September 17, 2018, 10:58:18 PM
Suppose Kilcoo are your big rivals now

To be a rival you have to beat the other team occasionally (in the matches that matter).  ;)

Lol
Song with all our childhood friends
And it went like this yeah, oops .......,,,,

Congratulations, you are now the rival that is 6-1 behind.

Well done you.
i usse an speelchekor

downjim

14-5-2

Bumpers in Burren are only taking cash this week, too many medals have been found in the change.

Btw has Donal let the Chocs out of his back pocket yet??