Leinster Energy Services

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 22, 2009, 10:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Hi all

A few weeks ago I asked advice on getting a website done for a new venture of mine,I got loads of great advice and I'd like to thank all the lads who pm'd me.
I haven't got the cash to get a professional one done at the moment so I decided to do it myself.
The site is quite basic I would be the first to admit but I hope it gets the message across of what it is I am doing and the services I  provide,and hopefully if the venture proves successful I will get a more professional website done,though in saying that the success of the business does not rest on the website as I am using many forms of advertising.

If you get a minute to have a look at the site I would appreciate it and maybe you might be or might know someone who may be interested in my services.

Thanks

www.leinsterenergyservices.com

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

bingobus

Best of luck.

One thing though, maybe its just me but when I don't see a personal name (even photo) or number on a wensite, I have little faith in them. I feel that a direct contact and details is better than a random info book to fill in.

A lot of people, myself included, prefer to ring someone and get the details sorted out over the phone rather than send off an email that may be responded to in a day or two and in this time I may have got in contact with someone else. At least both options should be available.

Just my thoughts.

Mayo4Sam

I'd agree. Also u need more info on the grants available, i found it hard to follow, if u need a hand with the sei ones just gimme a pm.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

deiseach

Just one observation. I've always found those contact forms to be a bit off-putting. They're a bit forbidding if you are a PC novice and those of us who know the ropes frown at being added to a "customer list". Other than that, it looks good. The first thing I do when dealing with just about anyone these days is check them out online. Your website would be sufficiently slick to reassure me that you're not some fly-by-night crew (I might still be wrong, but reassurance matters).

Mhic Easmuint

Yep, maybe more info needed on the Contact Page, Address, as well as numbers. 
On the Home Page change your title to include more key words. 
Instead of Leinster Enegry Services - Home

Put in
Leinster Enegry Services - Heating Controls

Or something similir which people will be searching for to get to your website. 

Main Street

Congratulations with the effort and getting the page up.

You requested some critique.
If I was sort interested in getting something like this in my home.

There is no link to to a manufacturers website, or product info, in fact if I search for  "radmaster" I get almost nothing.

The product description is a bit too technical.
I'd suggest that you put in a picture of the control device,  also have your own description of what it does besides the technical description.
You know better yourself how to describe radmaster. Imagine you are talking to a person and they ask you, what is all this about? then write down the answer.

A Q&A. section of the questions you frequently come across and have to answer.

for example I would have a few
What is involved with the installation work?
How will it look when it is finished?
Is it easy to understand how to look after the controls?
I have a central control thermostat for the house and individual thermostat for each rad, I have a timer (which is never used), what benefit is this system to me?
Each house has different needs, how is the job costed, is it a one size fits all?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Main Street on July 23, 2009, 04:49:36 PM
Congratulations with the effort and getting the page up.

You requested some critique.
If I was sort interested in getting something like this in my home.

There is no link to to a manufacturers website, or product info, in fact if I search for  "radmaster" I get almost nothing.

The product description is a bit too technical.
I'd suggest that you put in a picture of the control device,  also have your own description of what it does besides the technical description.
You know better yourself how to describe radmaster. Imagine you are talking to a person and they ask you, what is all this about? then write down the answer.

A Q&A. section of the questions you frequently come across and have to answer.

for example I would have a few
What is involved with the installation work?
How will it look when it is finished?
Is it easy to understand how to look after the controls?
I have a central control thermostat for the house and individual thermostat for each rad, I have a timer (which is never used), what benefit is this system to me?
Each house has different needs, how is the job costed, is it a one size fits all?

First off thanks for the advice,I do have a link to a manufacturers website its on the front page where the picture of the controls are if you click on the picture it will bring you to the link,though I probably should highlight it more
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: bingobus on July 23, 2009, 10:37:31 AM
Best of luck.

One thing though, maybe its just me but when I don't see a personal name (even photo) or number on a wensite, I have little faith in them. I feel that a direct contact and details is better than a random info book to fill in.

A lot of people, myself included, prefer to ring someone and get the details sorted out over the phone rather than send off an email that may be responded to in a day or two and in this time I may have got in contact with someone else. At least both options should be available.

Just my thoughts.

I do have my number and contact details on the Electrical Contractors tab as that is another company of mine,should I also include them on the contact us section for the Leinster Energy Services?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Mhic Easmuint on July 23, 2009, 02:49:01 PM

Put in

I already have a Heating Controls tab on the home page,Where do you mean I should put it?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 23, 2009, 04:57:38 PM
Quote from: Mhic Easmuint on July 23, 2009, 02:49:01 PM

Put in

I already have a Heating Controls tab on the home page,Where do you mean I should put it?

Yes but it would also be good to have more specific keywords on your page title rather than "Home".
I probably never explained it well enough.  It's for better search engine ranking and the title bar is one of the places ranked highly so if you have words in your title bar that people are searching for it would help your sites ranking. 

So i only guessed Heating Controls as something poeple would search for.  Maybe Leinster Energy Sevices - Home Heating Controls

bingobus

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 23, 2009, 04:56:13 PM
Quote from: bingobus on July 23, 2009, 10:37:31 AM
Best of luck.

Just my thoughts.

I do have my number and contact details on the Electrical Contractors tab as that is another company of mine,should I also include them on the contact us section for the Leinster Energy Services?

Yes. And not just Casey Electrical. Stick your name in ( Linda Casey  ;) ) and contact details. I know if you are on the job it is not ideal to be taking calls but you know yourself that as a self employed person, one missed call can be alot of work lost.

I would make it more personal. Describe yourself as Head of Sales or whatever is needed but make it clear you're on the end of a phone line. The Electrical Contractors tab is a bit loose. I only checked it by accident, wasn't sure what it was. I'd have it all under "about us" tab and then also have another one called "Casey Electrical Contractors" rather than as it is.

Also the FAQ's is a good idea for the lay man.

Main Street

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 23, 2009, 04:54:13 PM
First off thanks for the advice,I do have a link to a manufacturers website its on the front page where the picture of the controls are if you click on the picture it will bring you to the link,though I probably should highlight it more
I see it now.
You are right it is not obvious. When you click on other graphics it usually brings up a highlight of the graphic.

The Comeragh controls page hasn't yet loaded up and still waiting, it looks as if it is on a slow overloaded dial up connection.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Main Street on July 23, 2009, 05:18:31 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 23, 2009, 04:54:13 PM
I see it now.
You are right it is not obvious. When you click on other graphics it usually brings up a highlight of the graphic.

The Comeragh controls page hasn't yet loaded up and still waiting, it looks as if it is on a slow overloaded dial up connection.

Loads up pretty quickly for me and another computer I tried it from..
You'll Never Walk Alone.