Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Genuinely think both games will be very tight. Cullyhanna and Maghery slight favourites but we could cause an upset and the Nab are the form team. Wouldn't rule any result out.

lurganblue

Hope to at least make the cross v cullyhanna game. Has the potential to be a cracker with a bit of needle  ;)

yellowcard

Maghery should dispose of the Nab, they are a bit more streetwise and the Nab have a weakness in defence.

Cross v Cullyhanna will be interesting and this could easily be the final I feel. Cullyhanna ambushed Cross 2 years ago in a game in which they were clearly second best. However the gap has narrowed since then as Cross have slipped back and Cullyhanna have improved sightly. Cross are 1/3 favourites with the bookies but it can only be based on past reputation and not current form. Up until last week I would have favoured Cullyhanna but Cross have got a few key players back and were seriously impressive against Harps last week so I believe that they will just about edge it.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: yellowcard on September 27, 2018, 03:00:01 PM
Cross v Cullyhanna will be interesting and this could easily be the final I feel. Cullyhanna ambushed Cross 2 years ago in a game in which they were clearly second best. However the gap has narrowed since then as Cross have slipped back and Cullyhanna have improved sightly. Cross are 1/3 favourites with the bookies but it can only be based on past reputation and not current form. Up until last week I would have favoured Cullyhanna but Cross have got a few key players back and were seriously impressive against Harps last week so I believe that they will just about edge it.

Can't wait to see this match myself. Rangers were very impressive against us, but I feel looking back on it that a lot of that owed as much to our inadequacies on the night as it did to Rangers' excellence. That's why I am so looking forward to this match. My sense will be that St Pats will put a greater onus on keeping their defence much tighter than we did, which should leave it a close game.

The Nab have been very impressive this year, albeit in the league. They have had not had top play any of the main Championship challengers yet in the Championship, so this will represent a step up in class for them. James Lavery looked to have major fitness concerns against Madden, and his presence / absence could be crucial.

If I was pushed to give an opinion, I would tentatively go for a Rangers v Maghery final.

brokencrossbar1

So with our injuries and St Pats run of form they will probably beat us with 3-4 spare. If Lavery is out then that's a huge blow for the lough shores men. The second semi will be a tight affair with Maghery  nicking it by a point I reckon as experience will tell

illdecide

Quote from: Thastheball on October 08, 2018, 03:28:58 PM
Just reading the IN on line, quote ''If Crossmaglen's not there (referring to county final), it's not a county final" Kieran Donnelly, assistant manager from Crossmaglen. What a complete arrogant BS, not an ounce of humility.

I remember us getting beat by Cross in the County final and Donal Murtagh came into our changing rooms after the game to commiserate with us but told us not to be too down as we got beat by a better Cross team and there was no shame in losing to Cross, keep the heads up and try and come back again...Holy sweet f**k, instead of saying unlucky lads, thanks for the good hard game he comes in to our changing rooms after losing a County final to tell us how good Cross are :-X
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

armaghniac

Quote from: illdecide on October 08, 2018, 10:31:18 PM
Just reading the IN on line, quote ''If Crossmaglen's not there (referring to county final), it's not a county final" Kieran Donnelly, assistant manager from Crossmaglen. What a complete arrogant BS, not an ounce of humility.

I remember us getting beat by Cross in the County final and Donal Murtagh came into our changing rooms after the game to commiserate with us but told us not to be too down as we got beat by a better Cross team and there was no shame in losing to Cross, keep the heads up and try and come back again...Holy sweet f**k, instead of saying unlucky lads, thanks for the good hard game he comes in to our changing rooms after losing a County final to tell us how good Cross are :-X

How did you get on since?  ::)
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Ballymacnab 0-14
Crossmaglen 0-13
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Insane Bolt

Think most neutrals would love to see the Nab win, but Cross don't lose many finals.

Rufus T Firefly

;D

There's more than you commenting on it!   

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Orior on October 08, 2018, 11:13:18 PM
Ballymacnab 0-14
Crossmaglen 0-13

I've seen both sides in this year's Championship and I'd have to say it will be a shock of seismic proportions if the Nab go on to do it.

general_lee

The nab weren't too hot against maghery who everyone fancied but they still edged it.. it might be a bridge too far to topple cross.. not sure they have the players to deal with the cross forwards. That said would love to see them do it, they've been the form team all year

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: general_lee on October 09, 2018, 09:46:20 AM
The nab weren't too hot against maghery who everyone fancied but they still edged it..

The Maghery challenge was crippled by losses to injury. I felt there was an opportunity for the Nab to make a big statement and they only just about crawled across the line. It was a tight match with the first goal likely to be key to the result. The nature of the goal was in keeping with the Nab performance - an attempt for a point falling woefully short and being fisted to the net as it fell into the square.

The Nab won't worry about that, as the result was everything, but I thought too many of their big players were largely anonymous, particularly Jack Grugan. If they hope to topple Cross, then all of their big names will need to lead from the front.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians