Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 26, 2018, 11:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Don Draper on December 16, 2018, 09:55:14 PM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on December 16, 2018, 09:24:13 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on December 16, 2018, 08:17:16 PM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on December 16, 2018, 03:26:52 PM
Very strange situation.
Strong plays last week...."retires" mid week & lads saying he is dropped.
A fan of Sugrue, but Lillis would have been lambasted for a situation like this. Just saying.

Do you mean Brody's shenanigans that saw him dropped last year or is there a more recent event?
You've some neck comparing Surgrue to Lillis!

Ignore the ridiculous situation that has unfolded so, and jump in blindly with two feet to defend your beloved!
As I said I'm a fan of Sugrue. But this is a very strange situation!
Your fanboying over your beloved Mick is the most disconcerting issue here. Whether Sugrue is wrong or right, comparing him to the clusterfuck that was Lillis is bizarre. Its not like he didn't have his own issues with this player you wish to allow peace to, yet continue to bring up on here.

I don't think I ever posted anything about Mick Lillis before? Could be wrong.
Don't even know the man!
"Fanboying"- get a life!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

High Fielder

Quote from: redsetanta on December 17, 2018, 08:44:20 PM
That's crazy having the game on Thursday before Christmas Day. Lads working and traffic around the town. Players maybe having to tell Sugrue they can't make it.

Players? Sure what have they got to do with anything? Train/don't train, play/don't play, Kick it/handpass it, shite/don't shite. The players only do what they're told to do. Thank f**k for Sat Nav or God knows where they'd end up Thursday evening. The clowns in Croke Park talk about player welfare and burnout and yet here we are kicking ball and the turkey hasn't even been plucked. Love of God

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Doesn't really matter where its on, the players would be training on Thursday if there was no match and they would all agree that a game beats training anytime...
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

High Fielder

It's 5 days before Christmas Junior. Young lads should be thinking about what pubs they want to go to and spending time with their families. There are too many demands being placed on lads' time and if playing football at Christmas is the answer, then the question has been framed incorrectly. If the GAA are serious about players' welfare, then they need to scrap meaningless competitions and/or restrict players to 3 teams played for in a year or 3 separate competitions. In my opinion, it makes no sense on any level to be playing hurling or football at this time of the year, and it has to be a factor in discouraging participation

Blow-in

Yep, we'll win all Ireland's in the pubs!

Don Draper

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on December 18, 2018, 12:32:20 AM
Doesn't really matter where its on, the players would be training on Thursday if there was no match and they would all agree that a game beats training anytime...
Lads, pull easy here, no one in their right f**king mind would want to go to Enniscorthy to play a match on a Thursday night in December. This is madness and the Leinster Council should be ashamed of themselves.

BallyroanAbu

Nothing easy about trying to change our mentality, no one has any problem with getting a few Xmas drinks.  But you get the feeling that members of this Laois panel will be minding themselves over Xmas, more so with some quality players getting dropped from the panel.  It's a real step up in competition for places, Sugrue is firmly in control now.  Everyone will be more than happy to show up in Enniscorthy on Thursday.  This time last year a few lads were considering whether they would stay on the panel, now they are fighting to stay on it.   Is this not what we want ?

Don Draper

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on December 18, 2018, 11:29:10 AM
Nothing easy about trying to change our mentality, no one has any problem with getting a few Xmas drinks.  But you get the feeling that members of this Laois panel will be minding themselves over Xmas, more so with some quality players getting dropped from the panel.  It's a real step up in competition for places, Sugrue is firmly in control now.  Everyone will be more than happy to show up in Enniscorthy on Thursday.  This time last year a few lads were considering whether they would stay on the panel, now they are fighting to stay on it.   Is this not what we want ?
There is no way in hell every Laois player, or ever the management team will be "happy" to get dragged to f**king Enniscorthy on a Thursday night, 5 days before Christmas. Its insanity. We'd be bitching about a County Board fixing an U21 final for 2/3 days before Christmas as it is.

High Fielder

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on December 18, 2018, 11:29:10 AM

We're in a rat race now and the weakest fall by the wayside,  so we have to do it and Sugrue at least knows how. But in a broader sense, this is madness. These are amateur players with jobs and commitments outside of football. When you put it into context with Eddie Brennan's comments, I can certainly see why a lad wouldn't commit. It's all gone a little too professional without the obvious benefits of playing for a bigger county. I mean this sincerely when I say could you actually be bothered? I loves me county and all, but the GAA expects far too much from players

redsetanta

That's it simply. The timing of this game is very bad and I cannot think what either team will get out of it and I doubt there will be too much excitement about Wexford on Thursday. Lads are trying to finish jobs up before the holidays so this is totally un-necessary.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Butch Cassidy

What do the GPA do?? Surely they should be saying matches on a Thursday evening can't go ahead, it's ridiculous

les Antiques

Quote from: Butch Cassidy on December 18, 2018, 04:03:36 PM
What do the GPA do?? Surely they should be saying matches on a Thursday evening can't go ahead, it's ridiculous

I don't think it's the  fact the match is scheduled for a Thursday night that is causing this frustration.  Plenty of pre season matches have been played on Thursday nights , it's just the fact this game is scheduled so close to Xmas .

High Fielder

The GAA may get rid of this romantic notion of sacrifice and privilege. There's a price to be paid for players making sacrifices. The privilege of playing for your county is in most cases outweighed by the sacrifices. I think it's downright insulting to expect this of players. The GPA me bollix

les Antiques

Both Laois and Wexford were given the option of playing this fixture on Saturday the 29th but have both decided tomorrow night would work better for them for whatever reasons.

Don Draper

Quote from: les Antiques on December 19, 2018, 03:43:46 PM
Both Laois and Wexford were given the option of playing this fixture on Saturday the 29th but have both decided tomorrow night would work better for them for whatever reasons.
Because it's saturday the f**king 29th of December maybe?